Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

The ‘Media Trying To Sell Our Players Again’ Thread

We is massive!

We generate clicks - like the ‘big six’ clubs generate clicks.

Put us and a ‘big six’ club in a headline and you get double the clicks. 

That’s literally all there is to it and you should read every story knowing that.

As if Arsenal, with their worldwide scouting network, are now sending scouts to watch Cags like they don’t know who he is! Half of Turkey, Arsenal muppets and us angry lot will click on it to get the numbers up on websites though. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Koke said:

I may be in the minority but I'm not that bothered.

I'm sure standout performers at lesser clubs or clubs down the divisions are also linked to us. It's all part of the hierarchy system. 

All that matters is that LCFC dont get bullied in the market. Sky, RedCafe, Journos etc can try and "sell our players" for all they like.

You link most of it!

6 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

FT: The media are always trying to sell our players!

Also FT: The media don't give us any credit!

This.

We're not one of the established 'big six' so it's always going to happen.

Transfer rumours get clicks in the mainstream media.

Look at faceless accounts on Twitter (indyk, enderbysean etc) who make up stuff and people retweet it.

People even share their garbage on here.

wE aRe MaSsIvE

4 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Late to this, but see on Sky Sports that allegedly Man City want to sign both Evans and Soyuncu in January?

Just fvck off, tw@ts. Money never buys class in more ways than one. 😂

OK...I will bite a Bit of November ice...:fishing:..!!!

January...A Man.city/L'pool /Chelsea group Journalist Think they can upset the Rythmus &routine of that upstart Leicester City, they just want to pathetically,immature disrupt one of the Challengers.....Which Top 5 Club would sell their central Defence in January.Old hat mind games....!!!

Even if M.city came in with 500 million,at the Stage of the season with Leicester sitting in the Top 4 or top6....our owners would lose face und faith,of

the Leicester Faithful und plastics.....**The KP  stadium would be empty......We are at once in a lifetime-era,the owners wont Let it be cut Off in its First Phase

prime.....even Agents can forget it...!!! None of our Top players will Dream of Leaving before the end of the campaign.  The summer thats Another ball game,

But if we end in the Top 4,Rodgers wants his Unforgettable era,and PL Unfinished Business and he stays...I Predict our young-players will stay....They will all again get a large wage increase...They can ,because of Age give the successful Side they helped to Build 1-3 season and see how far  their own Unique Story can go.

and  ask for a Transfer while still at their peak.....They want legend status...look at Ronaldo his years for Manutd and the career after...More An exception to the rule,Simply that he One of the Top 3 players,that modern Football has ever produced,or found...OK he did Start at Utd...

Whatever happens with our Real Talented Top players,I Hope we find,more with the K.Weller &Vardy mentality/character und Stick with the Team they like

I will hopefully Stay naive,and believe they all Stay long or even longer,and Take us und themselves  to heaven in the back of the fox,Leaving baying hounds Running around the undergrowth,scratching their Way back to their Empty Kernels in decisions that they know best..!!!

Crapping in this forum from own supporters PredictIng every 5 minutes that players XYZ are Destined  to move,before they have sneezed might be a right of opinion...But I prefer to wait and see, and spit in the Wind , hoping the day doesnt come,and if it does..give out a sigh,wash the Player out of my hair,

and start to support the newboys on the block...!!!   Unless we have a ** scenario. Then somehow supporting  the Club would make no sense....!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brucey said:

Someone has started a Twitter campaign to spam Madders and Chilly’s statuses with ironic “Come to Leicester” comments to outnumber the annoying Man U fans. You love to see it

B1BB34CD-6E23-4B86-8B1F-B0D18FB31197.jpeg

17FA5B71-14DB-4FEF-96CC-DEC3D50737AB.jpeg

And this response to a Chelsea fan:

1D214FCC-6B10-473B-8304-C685AC15411C.jpeg

I love the posting about other club's players like Abraham, that's class. A small paranoid part of me worries if Chilwell or Maddison might get annoyed by the Come to Leicester spam though. Then again they probably never check that stuff. 

• Haha 1

Can we still actually class Arsenal as one of the big clubs? Serious question.

Last time they won a knock out game in the Champions League was 10 years ago.

Its 15 years since they last won the Premier League.

How long is a team ‘dormant’ before they are no longer classed as an elite side?

Spurs again, big club but not sure how they are considered an elite big club when they haven’t won anything of note for, I don’t even know how long.

The fact that we have both won the league more recently than Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester United and None of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd or Man City have got further than us in the Champions League in the last 4 years says it all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Can we still actually class Arsenal as one of the big clubs? Serious question.

Last time they won a knock out game in the Champions League was 10 years ago.

Its 15 years since they last won the Premier League.

How long is a team ‘dormant’ before they are no longer classed as an elite side?

Spurs again, big club but not sure how they are considered an elite big club when they haven’t won anything of note for, I don’t even know how long.

The fact that we have both won the league more recently than Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester United and None of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd or Man City have got further than us in the Champions League in the last 4 years says it all.

Yes - they consistently finish in the top six - ergo they are one of the big six. We need to make that a big seven. 

the media will be happy with that ..... gives them another twelve ‘big games’ each season to sell ..........

20 hours ago, foxile5 said:

True, we did. Then our best player left immediately for a club not in Europe because 'they is champion club'. 

I'm not saying we roll over for them, but we're still not capable of fighting off the big clubs when the media decide its time. 

This got me laughing well. 😂

We have a squad of talented players and it's natural that rich clubs will want to buy our success.  But those players have flourished under our manager.  Take them out of that situation, put them in a system that doesn't suit them or that doesn't work so well and watch them go downhill.  BR is the one we really can't afford to lose.

It's not only us though. There's a piece on SSN saying Real Madrid are after Hudson-Odoi from Chelsea and I bet their supporters are thinking exactly the same.

It's just the footballing food chain.

• Like 1

I wonder how many of these stories are just made up BS by the media to sell copy etc and how much is prompted by other clubs/agents.

If there was a rule that the media had to disclose their sources specifically (not "an insider", "we are led to believe" "trusted source" etc) or be banned from publishing unfounded rumour i suspect there would be far less of these stories for fear of clubs and agents being fined for breaking anti tapping up rules.

As it stands the likes of Pep can simply drop a hint to a pet journo "off the record" that they would be interested in such and such a player and the whole circus of trying to unsettle a player kicks in.

That said it goes on blatantly anyway. All they need to do is prime an interviewer to ask a direct question such as "would you be interested in signing playerX?" and they can use an open response that of course any good player will always be of interest, and then it is open speculation as they habve not categorically denied anything.

I am sure that players are also instructed by their agents never to outright deny interest in any potential speculative move as it gives them leverage when negotiating improved terms (of which they will then get their cut).

On 15/11/2019 at 14:57, foxile5 said:

I think Kante was just a bit of a turd who thought Chelsea being very rich elevated them to an elite status. 

Or, to be fair he had grown up in Africa during the period Chelsea were routinely winning the Premier League and Champions League, and had always said 'I want to play for them, they are the best'.

• Like 2

Any players tempted to move only need to look at Vardy and compare him to every big name sale that has taken place since we won the league. Vardy chose to stay and right now he is the one enjoying his career the most and the one that will go down as a complete legend.

Kante

Marhez

Drinkwater

Maguire

All playing for ailing giants or on the bench, or can't even get into match day squads. Everyone at Leicester looks like they are loving life at the moment, and they are all plenty hansomely rewarded finacially for it.

58 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Any players tempted to move only need to look at Vardy and compare him to every big name sale that has taken place since we won the league. Vardy chose to stay and right now he is the one enjoying his career the most and the one that will go down as a complete legend.

Kante

Marhez

Drinkwater

Maguire

All playing for ailing giants or on the bench, or can't even get into match day squads. Everyone at Leicester looks like they are loving life at the moment, and they are all plenty hansomely rewarded finacially for it.

TBF Kante is still a first choice pick, but has been injured a lot recently. Chelsea seem to have broken him.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

Just look any Time at Sunday supplement...the Media pundits & journalists are Full of themselves and their Bias so easy arrogantly up front...

Maybe 2 or 3 try to stay neutral...but its all  "seen" Top clubs,very little discussion including "The rest". Leicester being grudgingly brought to the table,

Anxiety they might again have to eat humble pie....

To be fair to pundits like Carragher,Thompson,Neville and Tissy, After title year  condensating,patrionising remarks & smirks,they have become more respectfull, both Carragher and Neville confessing Leicester are rightly  in contention and Not just wanna be gatecrashers ....

Maybe thats how it has to be,one have to earn ones Continuity spurs, like MC,even what Tottenham had to do,break the mold,Knock that wedge between those expected traditional  clubs...and create an era by putting your Name on trophies....

has a promoted Team and with our history,99.9% of City fans would of been happy,with an Equal period to what Poch created for Spurs.....We would of seen

Continuous CL qualification as a Great achievement.....To be fair to the character of the media,Yes we have become interesting,But not yet earnt anything more

than being mentions in dispatches.....Because of that,and until a couple more of our Quality players Show they want an Extended career & seasons behind the foxes badge....our Stars will be up for the perspective selling-transfer-windows......Nature of the beast and obvious media-story-bait!!!!

Mind you I  am still Allowed an opinion.......' Bastards' everyone One of them....:ill:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1