Sign in to follow this  
merlin1969

Pochettino sacked

8 hours ago, southfox66 said:

The problem is the team, not the manager, they had there day I guess he's paid the price. Another team will be more than happy to take him. 

Isn’t that often the case!  Managers are ubiquitously blamed for the teams poor performance...unfortunately.

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Agree. He achieved so much with a shoestring budget.

shoestring???

He spent £350 million over 5 seasons, its hardly a shoestring budget?

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

shoestring???

He had them top 4 for four seasons so compare that spend with Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea and I'll take a guess at it's the least amount spent.

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

What a fascinating car crash this is.

And it'll be available for all to see in the Amazon documentary. It's going to be brilliant lol

• Haha 2

Good for Jose, he said he wanted to manage in the Premier League again and obviously wanted London because he likes the city. but will he be given the resources he needs. we all know he likes to go to clubs and spend the ££££££. everyone knows Levy as a tight wad. will he get rid of the wage structure they have there!. will they go out and splash the cash or will Jose have to manage without the £££££ for a change. will be an interesting experience for him if he doesn't have much to spend. Poch was known for promoting youth, Jose is known for not giving youth a chance. Jose is a hear and now appointment where he has never lasted more than three seasons at a club. he also is known for creating tensions and rifts at clubs and falling out with players. will it pay of or will it be a car crash appointment.

16 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Say what you want but he is a bloody decent manager , in fact one of the best around 

Well said...

If seems,also in this forum there are a few posters who havent yet learnt, to be Good winners....and are taking the exact snidey ,unknowledgable tact we so 

Despised from other Low incompetent thinking fans...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Say what you want but he is a bloody decent manager , in fact one of the best around 

He was one of the best around.

he is old hat now and hasn't moved on with the times.

or are we talking about Poch, in which case, i agree with you.

• Like 1

Mourihno

This is an allround wildcard…for every Player in the Spurs squad, The clubs further Involvement in all tournaments this season & future developement,Mourinho's chance to rekindle a high Level career,he was no Real Divas to worry about…!!

Levy & board chance to Show more ,and better guile,in leading the Club forward.The fans to Step back,take a more humble approach,but bring their reactions together and support as One “Their club" 

If Levy & co, dont change….Then that Leaves Mourinho with no rescources,that are eager & motivated to stay and put them in a solid Position

to compete for a top 4 place….being a Leicester fan,over 65 yrs I always had a soft spot for Spurs,it dropped off in a period they had a in Pochettino would be top manager, But players with a Split and ill placed arrogance….and in “fighting cock" a poor ,arrogant non-respectfull Football forum ( with only a Minority of decent banter members). Unlike some I liked Pochettino ,I like Kane…would of loved to have seen Vardy & Kane in the same England side,would even like BRodgers make a Cheeky offer to get Kane back in a Leicester shirt….

Several train of Thoughts at the moment...

Though I see Mourhino using Kane to lead his fight ,to help bring around the Fortune of Spurs….

Or even Mourinho might  decide to Let him go und bring in totally new blood,and start from scratch….

Mourinho could also be the manager that turns around Alli’s fortunes,and Build around him….!!I

would Welcome a more matured wiser Deli Alli,hate to see any talent take a dive

I Don t know if Mourihno has the aptitude and character to Rebuild a squad/team with Avg-funds…Only time will tell…!!

And dont forget,there was a Time when we would of Welcomed Pochettino,to Take on our managers job....!!

if Rodgers would move on alot earlier than we would want or expect....I wouldnt say no to Poch....Maybe others would.

I just Hope it Never comes to that,

In the Next few seasons....

I believe we are going to see * some simularity,But still Major changes in PLs Top sides° with Leicester being a Major part...

Unexpected names taking their Teams forward  competing either,or for top 1-4, 3-6,  hard fought 5-10th.

Klopp*

Lampard °

Rodgers°

Solskjaer °...(oh yes)

Pep* (if he stays)

Pochettino ° ( if he with a new team  is in the mix)

Nuno°  ( I still reckon Wolves can be One of the big players ,One to upset the odds)

Mourhino* (The scratch that amusingly just wont go away)

Also a couple unknowns ° ,that havent yet been put in the hat of fate..

Edited by fuchsntf

Mourinho 1 March, 2015 - Chelsea vs Tottenham
Ahead of defeating Tottenham in the League Cup final in 2015 – Mauricio Pochettino’s first season in charge at the club – Mourinho famously claimed that he could never join Spurs due to his allegiance with Chelsea.

“Yes. I couldn’t go,” he said of chairman Daniel Levy’s attempts to hire him. ”I couldn’t train in England for two years.” Then asked if he would’ve taken the job if an agreement could have been reached, Mourinho added: “No, because I love Chelsea supporters too much. I’m Chelsea.”

...Money talks 

Looking on Tottenham fans forum I see nearly 4 out of 5 support the appointment which surprises me. I expect he will have demanded a large transfer budet which P never had, I;d be surprised if "love affair" with JM lasts beyond 2 years - I would expect less time before fans start to grumble about the style of play.

Unsurprisingly Arsenal fans are wanting P instead of Emery - I guess this would be a first ( a manager going from Spurs to Aresenal) but I could this see this happening (I'm assuming Emery's days are numbered and Naglsmann is not available.)

Edited by oxford blue
new info

18 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

It will end in tears just like it did at Man U & Chelsea last time round.

Has any managerial appointment not ended in tears?  Even Fergie left them with Moyes.

• Like 1

I have to also say...I am looking forward to the competition Let the games begin....

Sorry and sides  opinions and sarcasm might win friends,gain Shallow temporary Points on  a Football-forum and games on paper....but Mourhino has brought

The bread home,on more occasion than not,in fact more than some of his Peers and Fellow managers....Some of you make a meal of Spurs recent years Empty lader....you cant carry that same can of negative Empty rhetoric for  Mourhino,he usually delivers.....

I have never really took to him,But he has given his fans und decenters alike the Needed "stoff" to Keep all alike Entertained on & off the field.He took a Avg top 8

Club Chelsea to the  hights and a Great Club era  they couldnt previously imagine  He was neat,sometimes Too clever in the press-boxes around Europe,But like all The other Top successfull managers ,had his fans and Football-forum haters....He delivered and earned to put himself up there....More than those who seem to find it easy to Trash any successfull manager,just to get their 10 Penny worth opinions and anonymous Creations of deleberate trolling onto any Social Media bickering platform....

I say come in Jose,give us an enthralling era for Spurs,yourself the PL, and all fans. 

Just a passing thought remember to get your deposits,for all the Empty bottles....

On 20/11/2019 at 15:43, coolhandfox said:

shoestring???

Depends on how you look at budget. If you look at net spending, you will get a very different picture. I have not done the precise maths, but looking at the sums for each season, it is probably around zero over the years (and negative if we do not count summer of this season when the Spurs spent a bit more after their stadium is built).

If you look at his comments, he seemed increasingly unhappy at being simply a “coach” and not the “manager” who also decides on transfers and contract extension etc.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1