So pleased for him and what a saviour he is at the moment. Just shows what a run of games and a little confidence does for a player. I think a few others could benefit from this and playing in one position, for example Dennis. It's hard to find momentum when it's chopped and changed all the time. 

Well done Kel!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hales said:

So pleased for him and what a saviour he is at the moment. Just shows what a run of games and a little confidence does for a player. I think a few others could benefit from this and playing in one position, for example Dennis. It's hard to find momentum when it's chopped and changed all the time. 

Well done Kel!

Es would of won if he hadnt Snapped at those 2 chances in the First half, and 2 others in the 2nd half....

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Previously when tried it’s looked OK but not something that would cut it at the highest level. But the current version of Nacho is no joke and it might work. Guess we will see next season. 

It's certainly food for thought as to who does come in this summer, and the possible combinations up front with Iheanacho, Barnes,  Vardy, and our options at 10.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

It's certainly food for thought as to who does come in this summer, and the possible combinations up front with Iheanacho, Barnes,  Vardy, and our options at 10.

A constant theme under Rodgers is versatility and playing in different ways, so we might not have any out and out number one striker and instead mix and match based on opposition and who's available. But it can't be any coincidence that since giving Nacho a clean run of games in a system that suits him that he has delivered big time.

I've often said that I think Nacho as as lone striker playing every game for us would still get us 15 goals a season because he's a clinical finisher, but now I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Nacho playing as part of a two for 38 games a season would get 20+ goals. Basically as a player he's come of age and even better there is more and more to come. I feel like even in the last month I've seen improvements in his game. 

The question is do we sacrifice too much to get two forwards into the team? But I don't think we do. We can even play a back 4 that transitions into a back 3 or vice versa. I thought Ricardo was back to his best today toward the end too so we can still have creativity with two in the team.

At least one positive to take in what feels like a pretty crappy day otherwise.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

A constant theme under Rodgers is versatility and playing in different ways, so we might not have any out and out number one striker and instead mix and match based on opposition and who's available. But it can't be any coincidence that since giving Nacho a clean run of games in a system that suits him that he has delivered big time.

I've often said that I think Nacho as as lone striker playing every game for us would still get us 15 goals a season because he's a clinical finisher, but now I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Nacho playing as part of a two for 38 games a season would get 20+ goals. Basically as a player he's come of age and even better there is more and more to come. I feel like even in the last month I've seen improvements in his game. 

The question is do we sacrifice too much to get two forwards into the team? But I don't think we do. We can even play a back 4 that transitions into a back 3 or vice versa. I thought Ricardo was back to his best today toward the end too so we can still have creativity with two in the team.

At least one positive to take in what feels like a pretty crappy day otherwise.

The only slight reservation i have is whether Iheanacho, being very much a confidence player, is benefitting from games being played in empty stadiums? 

Will his confidence hold up in front of a groaning capacity crowd if (when) he misses a straightforward chance?  I'd like to think it would, it probably will, but I think there is a question mark there.

• Like 1

Great finishing yesterday. Maybe could’ve had one early on too with a little more composure.

Was at fault for the 3rd goal with a poor touch. But many players were at fault yesterday for 70 mins.

8 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

When Barnes is fit I'd play a front 3 of iheanacho, Barnes and maddison.

Yeah I know I'm dropping vardy and letting 2 idiots play but vardy was nowhere near thr box today.

Vardy has not been at his best. At West Ham, he was subpar, but his presence and runs still give a lot of worry to the defenders which means invariably he makes space for others like Nacho to score.  Unless Barnes will be playing as a second striker and not a winger, doing this will put Nacho back into the lone striker role that he is not very good at.

His whole attitude was great yesterday. After both his goals he was immediately collecting the ball and getting back for the restart,  doing his best to help us get something from the game whilst his supposedly more illustrious colleague was playing golf 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Great second half but bloody hell, absolutely laughable in the first half.

That’s him all over though isn’t it?

He can look absolutely horrendous at times but is capable of so much.

I’m loving the rich vein of form but we have to accept his flaws and inconsistent first touches in order to benefit from the good stuff.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Great second half but bloody hell, absolutely laughable in the first half.

In the box there’s not many better in the league. He proved this time and time again at Citeee. Put the ball in the box, and he knows where the onion bag is.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

In the box there’s not many better in the league. He proved this time and time again at Citeee. Put the ball in the box, and he knows where the onion bag is.

I still don't quite know how that second goal went in. So many West Ham players that could have cleared it but somehow Iheanacho managed to not only get his foot on it, but finish it superbly.

Yes he gave the third goal away but he was trying. And the amount of times he shoots rather than passing can be a little frustrating but again, at least he is trying. And he has done it a few times and got us goals and I am sure it just shows how confident he is, so no problem from me. He has offered a lot to us in recent times just when we needed it as Vardy has hit a terrible patch of form.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The fact he's likely to be our top scorer this season is remarkable. So pleased for the guy. 

Doesn't take pens or free kicks as well. The guy's an assassin in front of goal

Edited to say, I just remembered he took that terrible pen v Palace lol

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I still don't quite know how that second goal went in. So many West Ham players that could have cleared it but somehow Iheanacho managed to not only get his foot on it, but finish it superbly.

Yes he gave the third goal away but he was trying. And the amount of times he shoots rather than passing can be a little frustrating but again, at least he is trying. And he has done it a few times and got us goals and I am sure it just shows how confident he is, so no problem from me. He has offered a lot to us in recent times just when we needed it as Vardy has hit a terrible patch of form.

Agree that he was at fault but the defending there after was the worst of the lot for me. No way that should lead to a goal so while he deserves some blame, he's not the reason we conceded the goal there.

I think that game summed him up quite well actually. Touch was getting away from him a lot in the first half and up to that goal, but then after that he suddenly changed gears and it was like glue again with some great link up play. Actually starting to wonder whether he could do the business as a lone striker further down the line.

6 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Agree that he was at fault but the defending there after was the worst of the lot for me. No way that should lead to a goal so while he deserves some blame, he's not the reason we conceded the goal there.

I think that game summed him up quite well actually. Touch was getting away from him a lot in the first half and up to that goal, but then after that he suddenly changed gears and it was like glue again with some great link up play. Actually starting to wonder whether he could do the business as a lone striker further down the line.

Agreed, I wasn't solely blaming him, just the start of a string of bad errors to give the goal away. We had our backline in position so him losing the ball should not have caused a goal. Says a lot that he was that far back to come to the ball as well.