Iheanacho has enough about him to be a good player.  He did himself no favours with that terrible penalty.

Here is his problem as I see it...

He can play as a 10 or he can play as a second striker.  We are a team that plays with one striker and he can't play as a lone striker.  His chances are therefore limited unless he plays as a 10.  But he can't play as a 10 because the other options in those positions are more flexible... Maddison can also play central midfield, Perez and Barnes can play out wide or as a second striker, Under is the same.  Those players' second positions are more useful than what Iheanacho can bring.

Iheanacho needs a run of 8 or 9 games and with Vardy playing every game, that just isn't going to happen.

I feel for him a bit, but like I said, he did himself no favours today.

• Like 1

People forgetting we play Nacho when we rest our first team players.

If he had Maddison, Your, Ndidi etc in the middle of the park, he would be better. Instead we play back up players, and expect miracles from him.

Poor Pen, but who at this club hasn't done that before? Slagging him off on here, Social Media and whenever were allowed back to games is classic Leicester, maybe a bit of support?

I bet most of you abused Vardy during his off seasons too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Onions said:

People forgetting we play Nacho when we rest our first team players.

If he had Maddison, Your, Ndidi etc in the middle of the park, he would be better. Instead we play back up players, and expect miracles from him.

Poor Pen, but who at this club hasn't done that before? Slagging him off on here, Social Media and whenever were allowed back to games is classic Leicester, maybe a bit of support?

I bet most of you abused Vardy during his off seasons too

A penalty and getting a header 2 yards out or not miracles mate

• Thanks 1
Just now, kingfox said:

Time to cut ties I’m afraid.

He had a great spell when he scored the winner against Everton, unfortunately he’s gone backwards again.

If we are to make a signing in January, then it must be an understudy to Vardy.

Yep all of this. It's scary to think that if vardy is injured we currently only have this guy as a replacement. Hes looked good occasionally and hed prob do quite well for a mid level french or dutch club but hes nowhere near good enough for the top level. Missed penalties really do my head in.  Still never 100% confident that Vardy will score cos of previous misses and I held a grudge against Nugent for ages for missing one against those bastards Forest! So missing with such a pathetic effort was the final straw for me with him. Get rid!

Given this 2 point loss, the table as it stands then that's a massive loss that kelechi has dented us with. This year above all years was always going to be about squad depth (which we have made great strives in). These games like such as west ham last year are the ones that show what squad depth brings in points. However if you have a consistently poor striker talent wise then we will always kop it. Cant imagine for the life if me why we signed him and on such bloody terms is bloody irritating to me. 

• Like 1

His time here is done, sometimes players just have to leave to kick start their career again. He isn’t the right player for us and really needs to be sold off. Shame, but you just know he won’t offer anything when you need him too in games like today. 

• Like 2
Just now, StanSP said:

As much as I think he's had enough chances, I'd still not sell until we've bought someone in. No point leaving us without any other proper striker if Vardy was to get injured. 

Why did Barnes not take the penalty, it’s obvious from his body language he has lost all of his convidence

I cant see Nacho, Coming back from this....

He cant put in that performance or Grab a goal when needed..

I wont destroy the lad, but he isnt the back up we need,to be chasing & competing consistently at Top 2-6 level...I

Slimani,Gray,Nacho are taking up space, we desperately Need to free up, to Upgrade our fringe & balanced Cover places...

if they are are still here in January....Then the young academy players have to replace them until EOS...

We drew today, because we didn t Take those top chances we created. The Team IMO didnt Play bad,but its These games, those chosen players,

have to deliver...!!!  Majority of the "suprise" choices actually did...

2 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

If I see him on the pitch putting his hands on his head the second the balls got more than a yard away from him again I'm going to have to migrate to Sunday league where I can accept watching that level of sh*t and lazy/hungover.

Or pointing to the stars after scoring 🌃 where you can tell the whole team around home have 10 second stop watches as a signal when they are allowed to celebrate with him.

His confidence has gone which is sad to see. You just knew he was going to miss the penalty as soon as he picked up the ball. He is never going to gain that confidence here as he will never get the game time. He needs to move on. Best of luck to him.