Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

So how would you go about deciding who is the best striker in the Premier League?

Surely the best strikers, whatever their style score goals? To me that’s how you judge their performance.

Ulloa, Perez and Iheanacho are all very different types of player yes, but when Vardy is out, if they play as our main striker, their main job is to put the ball in the back of the nets and they will all be compared and judged on how many times they do this, regardless of their style.
 

The point im making is that Ulloa is not current and no one knows how he would play with Youri behind him supplying or keeping up with Barnes

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Just to compare the 3 strikers you have mentioned:

Ulloa’s best season in the PL 11 goals in 37 games

Perez 12 goals in 37 games.

Iheanacho 8 goals in 26 games.

 

There really is not a lot of difference in terms of output between the three of them. 

26 games/19 sub appearances 

for Man City who were the top scorers in the league that season.

 

ulloa 11 in 37 for a team that were 12th highest scorers in the league and were bottom until April and had won 4 games all season up until that point.


that season for Nacho was clearly an outlier as he has only ever managed 9 league goals in 81 appearances here


If Ade Akinbiyi was a flop in a team not half as good as this one with 11/58

 

what does it say about Nachos time

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

26 games/19 sub appearances 

for Man City who were the top scorers in the league that season.

 

ulloa 11 in 37 for a team that were 12th highest scorers in the league and were bottom until April and had won 4 games all season up until that point.


that season for Nacho was clearly an outlier as he has only ever managed 9 league goals in 81 appearances here


If Ade Akinbiyi was a flop in a team not half as good as this one with 11/58

 

what does it say about Nachos time

 

 

Nothing we already don't know, he is shit for us.

 

But we need him to perform, let's all pray to the gods, sacrifice whatever animals or maidens we need to to ensure we still continue to win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Nothing we already don't know, he is shit for us.

 

But we need him to perform, let's all pray to the gods, sacrifice whatever animals or maidens we need to to ensure we still continue to win.

Some people don’t as they seem to compare him to when Ulloa stepped up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Some people don’t as they seem to compare him to when Ulloa stepped up.

Ulloa had other qualities, he was a target.man and also a threat at set pieces.  With the amount of corners we have had, im sure  he would have taken advantage.

 

Also Ulloa was playing with a crapper set of players

Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuinely think Nacho will be a bit better for playing for 2-3 weeks, he will then be more useful when Europa resumes, to rest Vardy, as and when required, he was good in Europa because he was able to get 3-4 games in a row, he was rusty at Palace as he hadn't played for like 2 months. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Iheanacho is a very good finisher, especially in and around the 6 yard box.  The issue is that the team need to play in a way that creates more chances for him.  We have been spoilt by having Vardy who can produce something out of nothing and turn half chances into goals.

 

You can't take Vardy out and replace him with Iheanacho and expect him to perform in the same way and privide the same return, they are two entirely different players.

 

A small change in style and Iheanacho will be more prolific.

A very good finisher?

what would you say Kane and Aguero are?

 

For a player that averages 1 in every 9 league goals here and 1in 6 in his career.

 

I’m not not he could be described as a very good finisher.

 

Like a lot of people I have wanted him to to well throughout his time here, but 4 seasons in and he hasn’t really progressed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Please stop misusing the statistics. Goals per game is misleading, especially in Nacho's case, where in many of these games he's been subbed on for 10-15 minutes. Please use minutes instead.

 

Nacho has played 2,973 minutes in the Premier League for Leicester, which equates to about 33 full games (or a season's worth of football for most first-team regulars). He's got 9 goals and 9 assists in those minutes. A few more goals would be nice, but that really isn't a bad return for the minutes he's played.

And as you say when a lot of those minutes are 10-15 minutes as the end of games then it becomes less likely he'll add to that total as he's not getting consistent long run outs to get into games. You could almost knock, at a guess 30% of those minutes off as wasted because he being brought on to see out games.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Please stop misusing the statistics. Goals per game is misleading, especially in Nacho's case, where in many of these games he's been subbed on for 10-15 minutes. Please use minutes instead.

 

Nacho has played 2,973 minutes in the Premier League for Leicester, which equates to about 33 full games (or a season's worth of football for most first-team regulars). He's got 9 goals and 9 assists in those minutes. A few more goals would be nice, but that really isn't a bad return for the minutes he's played.

Could also be said that his minutes are likely against weaker opponents. There was a time I thought nacho given a run  may be lethal, and that he was a confidence player and could come good, but i don't know, he just seems slow and not very good. It's a bit like Gray, I'll support him whilst he's a Leicester player but needs to be moved on imo 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

And as you say when a lot of those minutes are 10-15 minutes as the end of games then it becomes less likely he'll add to that total as he's not getting consistent long run outs to get into games. You could almost knock, at a guess 30% of those minutes off as wasted because he being brought on to see out games.

Can he last a full 90 minutes?..

Always looks slow and cumbersome even when he comes on for 20 minutes!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weller54 said:

Can he last a full 90 minutes?..

Always looks slow and cumbersome even when he comes on for 20 minutes!

I would have said a year ago, yes, but maybe not now, he does seem to have lost some natural fitness. But we're talking overall record, and that won't have been help but playing 10-15 minutes every few weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posters Keep rabbitting on about past statistics over Peres & Nacho...

That now has to be forgotten, pushed aside...From Tomorrow for the Next few weeks is where our Next Phase begins..

We have the players that we have...Rodgers has to use the squad has it is...!!

 

If you cant Face it, go for nice walks, or buy a bigger Sofa..!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Could also be said that his minutes are likely against weaker opponents. There was a time I thought nacho given a run  may be lethal, and that he was a confidence player and could come good, but i don't know, he just seems slow and not very good. It's a bit like Gray, I'll support him whilst he's a Leicester player but needs to be moved on imo 

People are entitled to think Nacho isn't up to it and needs moving on. It is a forum for opinions after all. What annoys me is people manipulating the statistics, like some shitehouse government spin-doctor, to give a misleading interpretation.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

26 games/19 sub appearances 

for Man City who were the top scorers in the league that season.

 

ulloa 11 in 37 for a team that were 12th highest scorers in the league and were bottom until April and had won 4 games all season up until that point.


that season for Nacho was clearly an outlier as he has only ever managed 9 league goals in 81 appearances here


If Ade Akinbiyi was a flop in a team not half as good as this one with 11/58

 

what does it say about Nachos time

 

 

 

What it doesn't tell you is the full story.

 

Of those 81 league appearances he has only started 30 and I would imagine he was subbed off in a lot of those.

 

I'm not a fan by any means but that stat is very misleading.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Statistics mean nothing for Iheanacho's Leicester career.  You can't go on about goal ratios for a player whose appearances are, for the most part, limited to 10-15 minutes here and there.  I can't remember the last time he played 180 consecutive minutes!  

 

Much fairer to judge him after 5 or 6 full games in a row.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Knock all you like yes he isn’t in Vardy category two things I will give him huge credit for is 

 

1) he never moans/agitates/cause trouble over not playing much 

 

2) when he comes on he runs his socks off and makes a proper effort 

 

that’s what you call a proper professional 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Statistics?

The thing is l, he looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights every time he walks on the pitch. Does he even know its football he's playing? Awful, Awful player. Please, Brendan, play Ayoze

Bwahahaha. I've seen it all now. Judging a player by his facial expression. Bwahahaha.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...