2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Please stop. Don't make out like there's something awry out of totally nothing.

I really respect you, Stan, but surely on an open forum, posters can make observations. Like I said I may be wide of the mark and wrong, but it's just how I saw it. I'm not looking to put anyone down and am totally thrilled with this unexpected combination of Vardy and Kels on how well it's working. I'll leave it there and accept I'm seeing things that aren't there.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

I really respect you, Stan, but surely on an open forum, posters can make observations. Like I said I may be wide of the mark and wrong, but it's just how I saw it. I'm not looking to put anyone down and am totally thrilled with this unexpected combination of Vardy and Kels on how well it's working. I'll leave it there and accept I'm seeing things that aren't there.

At the end of the day I couldn’t care less if they hated each others  guts as long as their professional on the pitch and keep playing like they are 

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

looking at BR body language in the post match interview I'm still not sure he's sold on him, he spoke about how Nacho needs someone up with him, he's pointing out his limitations. I'd like to see nacho play with madders and Barnes and with his current confident form I think he'd be fine. What's changed for nacho is his energy and involvement, and what's changed in the team is our patient build up, nit having to rely on pace which suits nacho as he isn't blessed in that department. it will be interesting to see if we offer him a new contract because BR isn't going to play 2 up top forever 

I didn’t see his interview but I agree with BR saying that.

Nacho has been absolutely fantastic but he’s definitely better with Vards.

Nacho today showed how good he is dropping deeper and holding it up coming towards the ball.

Its harder for him when Vardy isn’t there as he gets pressed more but having Vardy usually drags the opposition deeper and allows more time for him to turn and look forward.

It would be interesting to see how he did in the 433:

Albrighton Nacho Barnes

He usually looks a bit lost and icolated. Think even before this fantastic run, him and Vardy work really well. Remember him coming on vs Everton in 19/20 and they together ran riot, then destroyed villa 4-1 away. They both have strengths that compliment each other perfectly and with the spine we have in the middle 2 and the back 3, we look a really strong unit.

I mean imagine Madders in Perez role today, a prime Ricardo or Castange at Rb and Justin on this years form at Lb in the system today. What a team we have!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I felt the video post Sheffield united, was vards being vards, but could easily have been taken the wrong way. But I don’t think there is anything in it. As others have said, think vards is mentoring kelechi in some ways.

25 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Yeah I get that, but he never runs over to congratulate him, like other team members do.

Last week vs Sheffield Utd he was on the ground after doing that fantastic pass. He’s 34 running hard and still eventually got over to him and Kel appreciated it by lifting him in the air.

I can’t say I noticed it today but I think it’s quite clearly not the case. Vardy looked angry because he knew he should of slammed in that chance he had, that’s all.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Perhaps it's just me, but Vardy never really seems enthused when Nacho scores. Others run over to congratulate him, but Vardy never seems that bothered. 

Nah! I think you’re reading too much into things ..... 

3647C868-8527-457F-A367-D9022709F5C3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kudos to Nacho. Making a big money move to us, with a big reputation, and then to find yourself out in the cold for 3 1/2 years. To put the performances he has, 9 goals in 9 games, he deserves all the credit he gets.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Of course :), wasn't meant to come across as disrespectful to you! 

55 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Perhaps it's just me, but Vardy never really seems enthused when Nacho scores. Others run over to congratulate him, but Vardy never seems that bothered. 

What about the goal he laid for Kel against Sheff Utd? Seemed pretty happy then. 

I do believe we are going to see Kel start to play with more personality and express himself now, Tielmans alluded that hes a shy guy and i've thought this from some of his post match interviews, the yell at the end of the interview, all good players have a bit of swagger about them, an as his confidence continues to grow, he strikes me as humble though, an hopefully won't get to ahead of himself as the plaudits start to come in more regularly.

Kelechi has been really good most of the season....however.

Today he was another level, a really world class performance. Held the ball up, great first touch, pressed excellently and 2 goals and an assist.

At the age he's at, he's coming into learning exactly what kind of player he is, and that's obviously a second striker. Absolutely thrilled for the guy, just wish fans were back in as he would be a proper cult hero in the stands right now!

• Like 1

The lad has always had this in his locker. All he needed was playing time, consistently. There is a proper player in that boy and it’s starting to show. Vardy and Nacho up front together looks like a winner. 

• Like 1

I think i remember in the crystal palace game the commentator said that vardy looked like he wanted nacho to score the pen just as much as nacho himself did. Ive always thought vardy and nacho got along well as vardy has always looked happy when nacho scores and celebrated with him when he assists him, although it's hard to tell just from interactions on the pitch

Edited by honeybradger

It’s not just his goals, some of his play was excellent today especially. Dropping deep and getting the ball, his link up play and holding up the ball. He’s like having a new player. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Check Kels first goal tonight. Vardy was closet to him, but I didn't see him celebrate with him. Again, I may be off the mark, but Vardy taking the mick about him crying after his hatrick v Sheffield united in the dressing room after the game might caused some ill feeling as he dedicated the goal to his mother.

Vardy walked over to Kel, the camera cut away after the first few players ran to him, but you can see Vardy arriving later on some of the alternate angles. Think he's trying to avoid sprinting any more than he needs to, he reacted similarly for Youri's goal.

0B17A588-3FFA-4B12-9E90-86D64081D50D.png

• Like 1