Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Koke

Ben Chilwell - Chelsea?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, 4everfox said:

I think it's crazy how disliked Chilwell is on here. He's one of our own! He's been at the club since before he had pubes (probably), and on top of that, he is the finest player we have produced since Emile Heskey. England's first choice left back is a Leicester academy product! From recent history just remember Paul Konchesky (not a bad player for us by any means) and how much better Chilwell is than he was and get over yourselves. Support the kid or zip it because its embarrassing. 

Nah - he’s crap mate .....garbage ..... worst player ever ...... since junior lewis .....infact he makes junior lewis look like KDB .....anyway, he’s even worse than garbage .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has shown he has the ability, hence interest from Chelsea, Man City (and England regular). There are weaknesses to his game; if he works on these (attitude will be important), with the help of coaching staff (and Fuchs) I'm sure there will be few doubters about his ability.  Furthermore, we would need to have a proper replacement before even considering a sale. It's unfortunate his drop in form coincides with others in the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s been pretty poor last few games losing possession for Southamptons first really think the lad needs a break, maybe give James Justin a run out he can play both flanks and when he’s played looks very handy . 
 

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Chilwell and I don't want him to leave.

 

However just as with Maguire if the price is right....

 

If Shaw is happy to move to Leicester for £25m I'd agree with Chelsea a transfer of Chilwell for Ake (who they can re-sign for £40m) plus £40m and upwards in cash.

 

Shaw+Ake+cash > Chillerz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FIF said:

I like Chilwell and I don't want him to leave.

 

However just as with Maguire if the price is right....

 

If Shaw is happy to move to Leicester for £25m I'd agree with Chelsea a transfer of Chilwell for Ake (who they can re-sign for £40m) plus £40m and upwards in cash.

 

Shaw+Ake+cash > Chillerz.

Luke Shaw is apparently the highest paid full back in world football, it bothers me when a player has to take such a huge pay cut especially one that is injury prone and mentality is often in question. This would smack of a Congerton type signing, where on paper it's a big name from a big club.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FIF said:

I like Chilwell and I don't want him to leave.

 

However just as with Maguire if the price is right....

 

If Shaw is happy to move to Leicester for £25m I'd agree with Chelsea a transfer of Chilwell for Ake (who they can re-sign for £40m) plus £40m and upwards in cash.

 

Shaw+Ake+cash > Chillerz.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Why don't you offer them £5 for Stamford Bridge as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Luke Shaw is apparently the highest paid full back in world football, it bothers me when a player has to take such a huge pay cut especially one that is injury prone and mentality is often in question. This would smack of a Congerton type signing, where on paper it's a big name from a big club.

Agree with this.  Young, hungry players on the way up please (like Justin), not washed up has-beens on the way down (Shaw).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Luke Shaw is apparently the highest paid full back in world football, it bothers me when a player has to take such a huge pay cut especially one that is injury prone and mentality is often in question. This would smack of a Congerton type signing, where on paper it's a big name from a big club.

To be honest I didn't know about his wages though I expected them to be around £80,000 pw. I don't get the Congerton slur though. He hasn't made enough deals for Leicester for me to attack him. I've watched Shaw play and even though he looks overweight he has put in many good performances for Manure. If Justin works out he could always be the starter on the left instead of backing up Ricardo on the right but the thought of getting Ake for such a reasonable amount makes me willing to transfer Chillerz. Ake is a natural leader and successor to Morgan/Evans alongside Soyuncu. He even plays LB and attacks down the wing. If we move to 3 at the back I think he's perfect.

 

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

Agree with this.  Young, hungry players on the way up please (like Justin), not washed up has-beens on the way down (Shaw).

Shaw is 24, chilwell is 23. Shaw could benefit from BR after the shit he's had to put up with. check out his stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone on here said Chilwell is the best left back we've ever had? Really? How about David Nish and Dennis Rofe, they were a million miles better than Chillwell. Nish was a Rolls Royce of a player.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chairman of the Bored said:

Someone on here said Chilwell is the best left back we've ever had? Really? How about David Nish and Dennis Rofe, they were a million miles better than Chillwell. Nish was a Rolls Royce of a player.

The kids on here think life started when they began playing FIFA. They couldn't begin to comprehend how much more difficult football was when the grounds were shitty and the play so much more physical. 

 

I'm still amazed by the quality of some of our players from the 60's and 70's as well as from MoN's reign.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, FIF said:

Shaw is 24, chilwell is 23. Shaw could benefit from BR after the shit he's had to put up with. check out his stats

OK, they are similar ages, point taken, but Shaw seems to have been around forever.  My reluctance is down to the fact that I don't like signing players that are on their way down.

 

These type of signings worry me as I would question their hunger and whether they think that they are slumming it or too good for us.  I'm not talking about Shaw specifically here, I don't know him, just making a general point about transfers that fit this kind of profile.  I always prefer players on an upward trajectory.

 

Cambiasso is an obvious exception but I think that is different as he was a player in the twilight of his career looking at one last hurrah and chance to play in the PL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chairman of the Bored said:

Someone on here said Chilwell is the best left back we've ever had? Really? How about David Nish and Dennis Rofe, they were a million miles better than Chillwell. Nish was a Rolls Royce of a player.

Fuchs?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chilwell isn't the best left back we've ever had.  I'd argue that for two years (before his slow decline because of age) Fuchs was significantly better at the job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Shaw is on £190k p/w apparently ... lol

Yep, and I imagine there are probably some hefty appearance clauses etc in there as well

 

Even if we did want Shaw, he would have to take about a 50% wage decrease, which I can’t see happening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FIF said:

The kids on here think life started when they began playing FIFA. They couldn't begin to comprehend how much more difficult football was when the grounds were shitty and the play so much more physical. 

 

I'm still amazed by the quality of some of our players from the 60's and 70's as well as from MoN's reign.

Lots of variables though, look at the amount of miles players run now to compete.

you need to be an athlete now to compete at the highest level.

thats wasn’t the case then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yep, and I imagine there are probably some hefty appearance clauses etc in there as well

 

Even if we did want Shaw, he would have to take about a 50% wage decrease, which I can’t see happening

Yanited would have to pay up the difference between what we are prepared to pay him and what they owe him in his contract 

 

like we would if we sold silva back to SCP

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yep, and I imagine there are probably some hefty appearance clauses etc in there as well

 

Even if we did want Shaw, he would have to take about a 50% wage decrease, which I can’t see happening

I wouldn't pay Shaw £190 a week to have him at Celtic, a poor footballer, doesn't even look fit enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Chilwell isn't the best left back we've ever had.  I'd argue that for two years (before his slow decline because of age) Fuchs was significantly better at the job. 

Fuchs 15/16 is the best left back I’ve seen at the club. Chilwell doesn’t come close at the moment. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd really not want to sell Chilwell, but if we couldn't keep him, I'd be disappointed if we got Shaw to replace him. Someone with a lot of upside like Reguilon (Real Madrid's 3rd choice LB, having a fantastic season at Sevilla) would be much more ideal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Luke Shaw is apparently the highest paid full back in world football, it bothers me when a player has to take such a huge pay cut especially one that is injury prone and mentality is often in question. This would smack of a Congerton type signing, where on paper it's a big name from a big club.

What is a Congerton type signing? Do you think he is the only one that makes decisions about who we buy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The debate over Chilwell rages on.  However, I for one do not rate him.  He cant cross,loses possession, regularly gives the ball away, switches off in games by wandering too far into the middle of the pitch, bombs up the flanks gets to the edge of the penalty area stops and passes it backwards bloody infuriating.

 

yes, he is young and perhaps still learning his trade, but seriously if he is the number 1 full back for England I genuinely fear for us at the Euros.

 

David Nish and Dennis Rofe were far better fullbacks come to think of it so is Christian Fuchs.

 

If Chelsea are willing to pay 60 million plus for him I would sell and give James Justin a chance.

Edited by suffolk fox
spelling errors
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

The debate over Chilwell rages on.  However, I for one do not rate him.  He cant cross,loses possession, regularly gives the ball away, switches off in games by wandering too far into the middle of the pitch, bombs up the flanks gets to the edge of the penalty area stops and passes it backwards bloody infuriating.

 

yes, he is young and perhaps still learning his trade, but seriously if he is the number 1 full back for England I genuinely fear for us at the Euros.

 

David Nish and Dennis Rofe were far better fullbacks come to think of it so is Christian Fuchs.

 

If Chelsea are willing to pay 60 million plus for him I would sell and give James Justin a chance.

Well he can’t cross it in cos you already told us he is sh1t at crossing ......

 

better he keeps possession than just turn it over cheaply and allow a quick break on us !

 

one of my statements is true and one is sarcastic .........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Shaw is on £190k p/w apparently ... lol

 

£190k a week and 3.5 years of his contract left, he'll be turning 28 when his contract is up at Man Utd. I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire after that as well. 

 

I'd also bet Man Utd would think it was Christmas if we bid for him. Even if he came here for 90k a week that's still £18m he would lose in wages, he simply won't do it unless Man Utd paid him to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...