1 hour ago, murphy said:

It's massive!  Huge!

43 clubs have won it, but not us.  That needs to be righted and I hope it happens in my lifetime.

If it does, you should be banned from celebrating it.  In fact when the final is being played you should be made to stand in the corner facing the wall.

Well said !!😉

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Am I going insane (or miscounting) I counted 34 cups since the Wimbledon win, with this year being the 35th?? lol

Probably the latter.  I think that the ship sailed on the former long ago :P

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And the Europa cup isn’t? But apparently we should prioritise that. Not long ago on here people were wanting to no bother being in that competition if we made it. 

Reward for winning the Europa Cup = CL Football .. benefits?

(Fairly obvious to all).. massive financial boost, attracting top players. Help keeping Brendan Rodgers at the club?

Reward for winning the FA Cup = benefits? 

Ok, nice because we're infamous for never winning it. Financially no real significance. Will it attract top players to our club? Don't think so, certainly doesn't have the same pull as playing CL football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Reward for winning the Europa Cup = CL Football .. benefits?

(Fairly obvious to all).. massive financial boost, attracting top players. Help keeping Brendan Rodgers at the club?

Reward for winning the FA Cup = benefits? 

Ok, nice because we're infamous for never winning it. Financially no real significance. Will it attract top players to our club? Don't think so, certainly doesn't have the same pull as playing CL football.

Glory is not measured in pounds, shillings and pence.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, deep blue said:

Whilst you're right, we will miss Justin's ability to slot into almost any defensive position that we may find an unexpected need for, as well as his ever-improving defensive abilities.  The way he handled Traore makes you realise how important his role would have been tomorrow in stifling the threat of Salah.  Nevertheless, I have confidence that Thomas, if selected, will step up and use the challenge to speed up his own learning and improvement.

We just have to accept the loss and get on with it.  My fear is that ACL sometimes knackers a player for good, but Justin's age, determination and good sense will hopefully bode for a successful recovery, as long as he isn't hurried back.

I think it used to knacker players for good more commonly.  Now most come back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2021 at 22:49, Collymore said:

I'm just not sure if Ricardo is an out and out attacking right winger. He seems to be at his best when he's galloping forward.

after the last few games i think you are right mate :) . ricardo does not seem to be doing much galloping like before i am hoping he is just still trying to get back to fully match fitness.