Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
urban.spaceman

OFFICIAL: Rodgers signs new contract!

Recommended Posts

I think a lot of this is pr to shut down the media reports when your in the midst of a title/top four push.

 

I would be amazed the contract did not stiuplate etc  if rodgers does not hit targets '' top ten football'' leciester will be able to terminate on a  6 month contract should for some reason it go wrong.

 

on the other side I would imagine his release clause is still there aka maybe 20 million, and would also mean a gardening leave clause now which means he cant join a prem rival mid season.

 

So 6 years on paper which is great but  get out clauses on both sides would be very normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah pretty blatant, but I don't begrudge him for doing it at all. He's manager of the season so far by miles given what he's pulled off with the resources he's had available. I'd do the same with my employer if I was smashing it as much as he is.

 

Committing to 2025 could be huge though. A bit like Spurs a few years ago, we have a collection of players who are all going to hit their prime at the same time. They didn't win anything, but they came really close. Brendan has winning experience (albeit at Celtic) which could give us an edge. Man City and Liverpool are in another stratosphere in terms of squad and resources, but we've got chances to win cups with this lot for sure.

 

I think you are overrating Manchester City and Liverpool tbh, we can reach there level one day. We have the most talented young players and proven experience in the premier league.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Fantastic news.

 

I think this announcement will be good for giving the players that extra boost, knowing the man that they have so much confidence in isn't going anywhere. 

 

Certainly.

 

It's a huge statement by the club and if BR is signed up to the summer of 2025 then we should find it easier to keep our star players. Who was the last player we sold under duress apart from Mahrez and Kante?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Happy Fox said:

 

I think you are overrating Manchester City and Liverpool tbh, we can reach there level one day. We have the most talented young players and proven experience in the premier league.

I kind of agree, but the average age of both of their squads is still quite young. This season Man City will lose Silva and Fernandinho, and whilst KDB and Rodri are great replacements, those two are some of the best the league has ever seen. Their team getting a little older, plus key injuries are the back are why we are above them and maybe could even finish above them. Salah and Mane are 27 so still have a few more years.

 

When our core group of players like Soyuncu, Maddison, Tielemans, Chilwell, Barnes, Ndidi are 25-26 that's when I think it could really open up. That's 3 years from now, so still a bit of waiting to do. Don't get me wrong we could still get something beforehand because of players like Vardy, Kasper and Evans but I'm just being realistic in that those clubs can currently completely outspend us. But the Monaco team with Mbappe, Bernardo, Moutinho and Falcao is a very good example of a team that won big trophies with a balanced squad of young and old players without spending a lot of money. So it's definitely possible!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent news and very proactive by the club to keep us moving forwards at rapid speeds as a club.

 

Just hope we haven't jinxed our good run of form with this lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

be interesting to see who all the pundits get behind for the Arsenal job now. 

 

Which other "small club" are performing better than Arsenal with a fashionable manager?

 

My money is on Nuno.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

When our core group of players like Soyuncu, Maddison, Tielemans, Chilwell, Barnes, Ndidi are 25-26 that's when I think it could really open up. That's 3 years from now, so still a bit of waiting to do. Don't get me wrong we could still get something beforehand because of players like Vardy, Kasper and Evans but I'm just being realistic in that those clubs can currently completely outspend us. But the Monaco team with Mbappe, Bernardo, Moutinho and Falcao is a very good example of a team that won big trophies with a balanced squad of young and old players without spending a lot of money. So it's definitely possible!

This is why I hope Brendan goes big at Everton. A trophy, I think, would do wonders for the squad. That and Champions League might see us keep the entire band together next year.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can’t have our players and you can’t have our manager. We’re Leicester City and we’re here to crash your ****ing party. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Brendan's played a blinder here.  By not dismissing Arsenal out of hand he's got a bigger longer contract and I love it! 

Agree. He's a sharp man.

It was probably his media contacts that placed all the BR to Arsenal rumours in the first place. 

Still, worth it, if the success continues.

And it doesn't mean he wouldn't leave for a bigger club in 2020 or 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I'd give both of mine!

 

 

You've got two left bollocks?! How many right bollocks have you got? Seven?

 

The Good Lord was guilty of a bit of unfair discrimination in handing out the procreative equipment there, wasn't he? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent news.

 

Completely ends all of the Arsenal speculation and will be invaluable in keeping our better players whilst also attracting new ones.

 

With one of the best managers in the premier league and one of the best training grounds in Europe Leicester City is the place to be over the next few seasons.

 

Genuinely chuffed to bits and the likes of Chris Sutton, Sky Sports News and Arsenal Fan TV can all eat their words.

 

I really believe that if we continue to get it right, add in the right areas and keep our better players we can be a force to be reckoned with at the top end of the Premier League table for seasons to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Excellent news.

 

Completely ends all of the Arsenal speculation and will be invaluable in keeping our better players whilst also attracting new ones.

 

With one of the best managers in the premier league and one of the best training grounds in Europe Leicester City is the place to be over the next few seasons.

 

Genuinely chuffed to bits and the likes of Chris Sutton, Sky Sports News and Arsenal Fan TV can all eat their words.

 

I really believe that if we continue to get it right, add in the right areas and keep our better players we can be a force to be reckoned with at the top end of the Premier League table for seasons to come.

 

The outside footballing world don’t know what Top’s ambitions for the clubs are, we are only going up and onwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Great news for Leicester that, five and a half years is a very long contract in terms of managers nowadays.

It is, hopefully he'll see it through ! I'm sure Newcastle do similar, wasn't Pardew given a 7 year one. Mind blowing if true ! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SO1 said:

People think they put together this extension in a couple days?  Haven't worked with many Lawyers or is it Barristers have you. :ph34r:

2 week minimum probably more.

You'd be amazed how simple football player/manager contracts are. Pro forma template agreements that can be turned in hours if necessary. That's not to say that the club haven't been thinking about this for longer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...