Dorkingfox

Nigel Pearson appointed Watford manager

3 hours ago, Derby Blue said:

The Derby fans have a totally opposite view to us. As I remember, when he was appointed by Derby, he joined a group of prima donnas who thought they were above themselves and it was impossible for him to manage. Let's hope he proves them wrong.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidBrentMovie/status/736234148403249152

That is golden! 

• Like 2

Could we have the thread title changed to Nigel Pearson appointed Watford manager, please?

@davieG  cheers.

He does have a strange reputation with non Leicester fans as a dinosaur, old school, warnock/Allardyce type manager which isn’t really deserved and probably comes more from his press conferences etc than his actual management

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

He completely transformed and modernised our club from top to bottom by building cutting edge sports science, data analyst, medical and scouting infrastructure.

I read this so much on here - and there's no doubt that Pearson was fully supportive of such initiatives, but you make it sound as though he was single handedly the architect behind this modernisation and that no other club was doing this at the time. 

1 hour ago, seanfox778 said:

Craig Shakespeare as assistant manager

....assistant TO the manager

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

Watford don't even realise what they've got!

He completely transformed and modernised our club from top to bottom by building cutting edge sports science, data analyst, medical and scouting infrastructure.

Why the **** are they moaning? They've just got one of the most progressive and forward-thinking managers in the country.

After Nigel left us, his son was not the one  to enjoy a happy ending.  

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Because our Lord and Saviour is Sir Nigel and what ever he does should be on here for us all to celebrate.

And here I was thinking that was Mandaric.

22 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

And here I was thinking that was Mandaric.

Lineker actually.

I'm amazed Watford have appointed him frankly.

They are the most trigger happy club in the league and they've appointed a good manager but he is not known for working fast, is he?

It'll be great to see him on MOTD again and I think he may just have enough time to turn it around but I'd be surprised if he's still there come next season.

Wish him all the best and hope he does us a massive solid and gets a win over that nutcase Klopp.

6 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I'm amazed Watford have appointed him frankly.

They are the most trigger happy club in the league and they've appointed a good manager but he is not known for working fast, is he?

It'll be great to see him on MOTD again and I think he may just have enough time to turn it around but I'd be surprised if he's still there come next season.

Wish him all the best and hope he does us a massive solid and gets a win over that nutcase Klopp.

I think they have realised they needed to try a different approach. If not it is an odd appointment from them. 

6 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I think they have realised they needed to try a different approach. If not it is an odd appointment from them. 

It’s an attempt to stay up, and if not, to prepare for life in the Championship. Contingency for relegation and bounce back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

It’s an attempt to stay up, and if not, to prepare for life in the Championship. Contingency for relegation and bounce back.

He's only been given a contract to the end of the season. If he fails to keep them up, he's gone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He's only been given a contract to the end of the season. If he fails to keep them up, he's gone.

Wasn’t aware of that - interesting! I would think they are aware of his Championship experience, however. 

Just now, UPinCarolina said:

Wasn’t aware of that - interesting! I would think they are aware of his Championship experience, however. 

Maybe if their form improves, regardless of whether they go down, it might convince them keep him on.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

he probally be sacked after 7 games knowing watford

8 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Totally agree with this. Hopefully the Watford owners see sense. He is a good appointment l think.