Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Nigel Pearson appointed Watford manager

7 hours ago, bmt said:

Does everyone genuinely think this is a good appointment?

I would definitely think that if Watford had any history at all of giving a manager time. He's exactly who they need to pull themselves together, they just probably won't let him do it.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 3

Great manager that takes alot of time to build things up and never had that time at southampton, Hull and derby! Leicester could of pulled the trigger but held on and he built the infrastructure and the premier league winning squad.  Shame he's going to another team that werent give him that time neither

• Like 1

With the owners Watford have and Nigel Pearson's attitude I will give him till March. They will not stick with losing like our owners did. Funny appointment for him. Don't see what he can achieve there without a long time to build. Must have been desperate to get back into football at the Premiere level

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it would be a significant backwards step for both shakespeare and walsh. and didn't walsh leave us to live closer to his family in the north west? can't see all 3 reuniting at watford, and can't see pearson being anything other than unemployed again in 4 months time if he goes in by himself and starts calling everyone a cu nt. 

he's probably exactly what they need but he will not be allowed to do exactly what they need him to do, i don't reckon. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Shame we just played them. Would love to welcome Nige to the KP as an opposition manager.

Isn't that dependent on how you rate him as a manger?

If he's as good as many on here think then you wouldn't want to be playing one of his sides.

Personally I wouldn't be in the slightest bit worried. :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Don't think we had many options left !

Might get the players going and will have a point to prove himself.

Will be handy if we can keep players fit and find some form from the team .

Really could do with some younger players and pace in the side .

Something Nige won't stand for is people thinking or trying on Billy big bollocks. He will have the team fighting for each other and they will be a tight unit that's hard to break down. 

I hope he keeps you up. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Don't think we had many options left !

Might get the players going and will have a point to prove himself.

Will be handy if we can keep players fit and find some form from the team .

Really could do with some younger players and pace in the side .

9487F664-4F0D-42D2-86FF-26FAB5FA4945.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Something Nige won't stand for is people thinking or trying on Billy big bollocks. He will have the team fighting for each other and they will be a tight unit that's hard to break down. 

I hope he keeps you up. 

Depends on the dressing room. With ours, he built up a team of players written off as not good enough, who had something to prove to everyone else and themselves. 

I'll bet that he tried to do that with Derby and failed because of the players they have. Their Lawrence/Bennett/Keogh incident highlights the difference to us ans what was achieved in our dressing room. 

Can't say for Watford for certain, but from what I have seen, they have fight. And that fight might be enough for Nigel to work with. 

Will always love big Nige for what he did for us, putting the the foundation in for what we're now experiencing. 

Would he have the same contacts now though? 

Fergie regarded him highly and trusted him with a good few United youngsters and fringe players and that was the core of our side for a few years. 

Not sure that's now the case, but it'd be great to see his interviews again on MOTD etc😄, and I wish him well👍💙

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommo220 said:

Good appointment for them, that.  I'm sure it'll be greeted with the usual"not good enough", "done nothing since leaving Leicester" bollocks.

If he can get Shakey on board with him, i reckon they've got a good chance of picking up some results with that team.  Get them organised, get their team spirit sorted and go from there.

having said that, they'll probably give him 5 games and sack him.

I mean, I love him, he's a hero - but he hasn't done anything since leaving us.