Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Nigel Pearson appointed Watford manager

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

But we've studied his every move and watched his team for six years. I'm sure if you asked QPR and Cardiff fans about Neil Warnock they'd give you a different answer to us and most other sets of fans. We think Holloway was a clown but Blackpool fans no doubt adore him.

Different levels. 

Blackpool would adore a depraved, crazed serial killer compared to their owners at the time.

10 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Last time Nigel saved a club from relegation (at our expense *sigh*) they didn't keep him... And the rest is history.

Look where Southampton are compared to us now and what could have possibly been for them.

So if they don't keep him, the next club after will probably be revolutionised. 

Like Derby and OHL? :ph34r:

Good luck to him and hope he does well but ... much will depend on the team he employs ground him because thus far without Shakespeare and Walsh he's been crap. If the former is currently out of work he could do a lot worse than re-employing him if he'd go.

Edited by volpeazzurro

Guest Markyblue
Just now, aefevans said:

So Nigel keeps us up, we appoint Ranieri in the summer and then we win the league, right?

Who knows,  he'll give you a chance of staying up hopefully. 

11 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Nige almost ran me over in the car park at Gloucester services a few weeks ago, then just gave me a death stare as he rolled past

you should be honoured. Hope you said sorry for nearly getting in the way.

• Like 1

Quite a change of approach from the Watford owners - apart from Billy McKinlay (who resigned after a week)-  the first British manager since they took over. There are some talented players in the Watford squad and I think he can get the best out of them, although I can imagine his style will come as a shock to many in the dressing room compared to what they have been used to.  Certainly nothing to lose in that it will take some huge turn around to avoid relegation, but it will give Pearson/shakespeare the opportunity to show what they can do. If they do well, it works well for both everyone - he will be appointed manger for next season.Good luck to them, I hope Watford show what they should be capable of given their squad,