Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Union FS

Wigan - Kop end Singing Section

Recommended Posts

Close to 200 seats went overnight. 

If you are keen to get involved please do contact the group via filbospirit@gmail.com or alternatively messaging us on here or the facebook account.

Edited by Union FS
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is exactly the sort of thing we need. Get the people inclined to sing stood together and we have a platform for a good atmosphere.

 

Well done to the club and Union FS for organising. I've emailed to grab my ticket!

Edited by Harry - LCFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it definitely 5:31 and not 3:01? Also I’ve just emailed Union FS and was wondering if these tickets are being sold to under 16’s? My kids are now the age that my Dad first let me go from the front of the old main stand or the double decker into the Kop at Filbo and I’d love to take my kids out of the family stand for just the odd match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mint23 said:

Is it definitely 5:31 and not 3:01? Also I’ve just emailed Union FS and was wondering if these tickets are being sold to under 16’s? My kids are now the age that my Dad first let me go from the front of the old main stand or the double decker into the Kop at Filbo and I’d love to take my kids out of the family stand for just the odd match. 

 

Dont see why not mate. Drop them an email- filbospirit@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LCC arent a happy bunch about this. Tigers are refusing to move their game. Apprently Leicester have been told it could be played behind closed doors I honestly doubt it will be. 

 

More than likely moved to the Friday or Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ashley said:

LCC arent a happy bunch about this. Tigers are refusing to move their game. Apprently Leicester have been told it could be played behind closed doors I honestly doubt it will be. 

 

More than likely moved to the Friday or Sunday.

What’s the issue with playing them both at the same time? 

Maximum 40,000 crowd between the two games, which could be good practise for how they could cope whenever we are getting that every week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ashley said:

LCC arent a happy bunch about this. Tigers are refusing to move their game. Apprently Leicester have been told it could be played behind closed doors I honestly doubt it will be. 

 

More than likely moved to the Friday or Sunday.

Don't see what it's got to do with Leicestershire Cricket Club, are they playing as well?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could just sing and stand back In the day in sk1 at filbert street.

Now you have to get special permission.

Football for the fans died years ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

What’s the issue with playing them both at the same time? 

Maximum 40,000 crowd between the two games, which could be good practise for how they could cope whenever we are getting that every week!

Exactly what I said. 

10 hours ago, steveherbe said:

Don't see what it's got to do with Leicestershire Cricket Club, are they playing as well?

Dont be a silly sausage

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

What’s the issue with playing them both at the same time? 

Maximum 40,000 crowd between the two games, which could be good practise for how they could cope whenever we are getting that every week!

Ever since Tigers expanded Welford Road, Leicestershire Popo say we can't play at home at the same time, so thems the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ashley said:

LCC arent a happy bunch about this. Tigers are refusing to move their game. Apprently Leicester have been told it could be played behind closed doors I honestly doubt it will be. 

 

More than likely moved to the Friday or Sunday.

There's no way the club will accept it behind closed doors and lose out on revenue, can't play it n Friday as we're at Newcastle two days before. Sunday at 2pm wouldn't be too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Corky said:

There's no way the club will accept it behind closed doors and lose out on revenue, can't play it n Friday as we're at Newcastle two days before. Sunday at 2pm wouldn't be too bad.

I think the week after is League Cup semi final should we get through... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminder that these are on sale tomorrow for ST holders. The only way to get into the section is to get in touch with the group - filbospirit@gmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7 December 2019 at 22:26, Aus Fox said:

What’s the issue with playing them both at the same time? 

Maximum 40,000 crowd between the two games, which could be good practise for how they could cope whenever we are getting that every week!

If true, the issue could be if there was a major incident on the day, not just at either game but somewhere else and the emergency services would be stretched with dealing with that plus the two games that are on albeit at staggered times.

 

Maximum crowd of 40k but not all in the same venue so not the same as a 40k stadia.

 

Had it before at the speedway where a rider has needed to go to the hospital, the match couldn't carry on as there wasn't another ambulance there to cover for another crash or member of the public falling ill.

 

That's my guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 21:58, Ashley said:

LCC arent a happy bunch about this. Tigers are refusing to move their game. Apprently Leicester have been told it could be played behind closed doors I honestly doubt it will be. 

 

More than likely moved to the Friday or Sunday.

In fairness to the Tigers, their game is a pre-planned home league fixture against Bristol Bears. So they have every right to keep the fixture at Sat 1500 ko.  

 

Saturday afternoon KO is the best chance of a decent crowd for them, so in fairness, why should they move their fixture?

 

On a positive note, a full day of sport is available if so inclined.  1500 @ the Tigers and then a 15 minute walk to the KP for the FA Cup match @ 1731

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

In fairness to the Tigers, their game is a pre-planned home league fixture against Bristol Bears. So they have every right to keep the fixture at Sat 1500 ko.  

 

Saturday afternoon KO is the best chance of a decent crowd for them, so in fairness, why should they move their fixture?

 

On a positive note, a full day of sport is available if so inclined.  1500 @ the Tigers and then a 15 minute walk to the KP for the FA Cup match @ 1731

Our issue is complicated given the fact we play on the Wednesday before and we won't know until the 18th December whether we play the midweek after in the League Cup semi-final and what day that might be on. We can't leave it too late to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Seems like anyone can select and buy tickets in SK2 on the website?

Although if you look at sk1 the whole rear section is blocked out. Only front is available.

 

Has there been a change if plan @Union FS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Although if you look at sk1 the whole rear section is blocked out. Only front is available.

 

Has there been a change if plan @Union FS

To get a ticket in this section (blocked out one) you must contact the group for the code which then allows you to purchase once inputted on the clubs wesbite in the block.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...