Sign in to follow this  
Union FS

Wigan - Kop end Singing Section

13 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Was really looking forward to this. 

Get to my seat, atmosphere building nicely pre-match and then the game starts. 

What do I hear? 

SIT DOWN. SIT DOOOWWWNNN!

Couldn’t be arsed with the aggro so I decided to just sit. And yes, I know that doesn’t stop me singing but we all know it’s not the same when you’re sat on your arse in the cold. 

I honestly give up. This fan base is broken beyond repair. 

What a miserable b*****d. Was this someone sat towards the back of the area? If so then it could be somebody who bought it on general sale when the club sold those last few seats without any notice.

Sadly couldn't make it today but it sounded class on the stream I was watching, especially in the first half. Especially for a lower league team at home in the early rounds of the cup. Great image of the section just before kick off too which will hopefully be shown on MOTD.

16 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

By stewards or other fans? 

Other fans. 

To be honest I was half expecting it from the moment I got there. There were huge groups of older fans and young families behind me who seemed to have very little idea of what was going on in front of them. 

Still enjoyed the atmosphere but slightly disappointed that I had to sit, especially when I used the Union FS code when buying tickets and selected seats well within the designated singing section. 

31 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

As someone who relocated for this game I thought it went well, union fs lads are a credit to the club for organising stuff like this and singing non stop all game. Only problem was you could tell some people were sat in the singing section inadvertently (perhaps when it went on general sale the club could have put another warning out when purchasing tickets in that area).

I hope by being more central in the kop union fs got more people singing than usual. 

How did the atmosphere sound on tv?

Decent. A few quiet periods but overall pretty good!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Other fans. 

To be honest I was half expecting it from the moment I got there. There were huge groups of older fans and young families behind me who seemed to have very little idea of what was going on in front of them. 

Still enjoyed the atmosphere but slightly disappointed that I had to sit, especially when I used the Union FS code when buying tickets and selected seats well within the designated singing section. 

That's a real shame, especially as my row - T- was virtually empty so you could have joined us there if you'd known. 

I'm really hoping that this can be continued going forward though, and problems like this can be ironed out

• Like 1

In amongst it today and had a lot of fun. Really hope there's a chance to do something like it again. Interested to hear what other people's thoughts are but I thought it injected some life into what would have been a very subdued atmosphere. Well done to everyone involved. 

• Like 1

I thought it looked class from my seat in G1 and it certainly helps being more central in the Kop. It's something I'd love to get involved in. Fair play to those involved :appl:

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

Moved across from the East Stand to SK1 back row with two teenage lads. We absolutely loved it, well done to Union Fs. It was great to stand with a great atmosphere, everyone stood for the back 10 rows with no moans, definitely time for rail seating to be introduced in the future. Will be looking to relocate STs next season !

• Like 2

Good effort lads and lasses. Went with my little brother for his first game so was over in the family stand. Looked and sounded great. Agree with above that you should get allocated space in the middle of the kop. 

What’s the score with relocating? We’re in K1 at the minute. But obviously people will need hoiking out of their seats when your numbers increase. 

21668818-CCA9-43CC-AA85-C93A1260B0B7.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Ffs how were people saying sit down in a singing section :facepalm:

All on the club that sadly. Took away the code stuck it on general sale and did not let folk that it was a ‘singing section’. UFS asked them to do so.

• Like 1

Happened to be just above it. Very enjoyable. Felt like an away game and a stark reminder of how quiet the kop is these days. 

Best atmosphere at home in years. Really enjoyed it today. I agree Union FS need to be that far forward at least, they’re wasted where they currently are.

• Like 2