Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Talk:

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Load of old rubbish mate - everyone knows we're a counter-attacking hoofball fluke.

Love reading people talk about how we're just a counter attacking team and then their teams being absolutely battered by us in every single department including possession.

Just feels good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

how wonderful to think how Daniel farke will approach next week ...... what exactly does he plan for ???!!!

Thats what I love! It must be hard enough preparing to play a team as good as us but to prepare for the game not having a clue how we're going to play must be a nightmare! 

Teams play a defensivr two shifting blocks - arsenal and Everton - and we grind them down.

Brighton tried a high line, which was effective at putting us under some pressure, but suicidal as we could break with a ball over the top.

Villa tried a cup tie style all action blood and thunder going toe to toe with us and could easily have conceded 9 with the acres of space it left us to play in.

Loving the fact nobody has cracked the code yet. We've an answer for everything so far.

22 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Thats what I love! It must be hard enough preparing to play a team as good as us but to prepare for the game not having a clue how we're going to play must be a nightmare! 

And to think Rodgers can change it up whenever he wants. Like a pitcher in baseball who has a 95 mph fast ball and a 75mph splitter. Good Luck with that!

For me I was concerned with Tielemans athletic ability being exposed in the diamond. Shifting the formation slightly by playing Hamza and Ndidi on either side of the diamond allowing Tielemans to play as a “regista” in the Pirlo mould, utilising Hamza and Ndidi’s athletic abilities as workhorses and Maddison free in the 10, I could see working. It’s just whether Ndidi has the mental capacity to play that position just yet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

For me I was concerned with Tielemans athletic ability being exposed in the diamond. Shifting the formation slightly by playing Hamza and Ndidi on either side of the diamond allowing Tielemans to play as a “regista” in the Pirlo mould, utilising Hamza and Ndidi’s athletic abilities as workhorses and Maddison free in the 10, I could see working. It’s just whether Ndidi has the mental capacity to play that position just yet. 

He was probably our "worst" player today, but even then he did setup the pass to Maddison who crossed to Nacho for 2-0. He gave the ball away carelessly quite a few times and lashed a wild shot into the car park.

For me though I think it's down to playing an extremely large volume of games this season (he has played in all cup games as well as league games) than lack of ability and he probably needs a rest, which has been mentioned a few times by Rodgers already as a possibility. The fact that he starts so many games speaks volumes though, he is a brilliant deep lying play maker and when he's on song, we really play well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

The biggest positive with the 4-4-2 for us specifically is it gets Praet on the pitch.

Agree, he's a fantastic player and deserves to play more.

There was one pass in particular that was amazing today that I haven't seen shown on any highlights. He picked up the ball from our throw-in in our own half, spun his man with ease and played Vardy in behind with a beautifully curved pass down the line. Vardy then underhit a square ball to Iheanacho which would've made it 2 0 at the time. 

I'm convinced he'd start for 15/16 of the other teams in the league. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Rodgers out

@StriderHiryu in

lol

Nah no way, Brendan Rodgers is showing everyone in world football at the moment how good he is. It's one thing to be able to dissect a team's performance, it's quite another to identify a weakness in an opponent, then prepare a team for the game and practice the formation on the training ground, and then have them execute the game plan to almost perfection. Two players who have played relatively few minutes in Iheancho and Praet got goals and / or assists today showing you how well prepare the team were. Now THAT is what a top manager is all about.

Only thing in my favour is that I don't have a 40 foot painting of myself in my living room at home.

@StriderHiryu, I don't know how I can thank you enough. That essay on the Diamond is everything I hoped for and more.

A masterpiece for those wanting to learn something about the game. Always appreciate your insightful ideas and writing. Thank You for taking the time.

Had a feeling today when I saw the team sheet with both Vardy and Iheanacho on it. Knew we were going to see something special.

Such a feeling for me to see Iheanacho's seemless movement on the field with all the awkwardness gone from his game. Shocking how instinctive it was.

Your Liverpool comparison was apt. I never expected to come here and see anything like that. Leicester City may be even better than that! 13/14 was a ride.

Just the thought of this happening here makes me emotional. Something happened today.

Maybe I saw a ghost of the past on that pitch. Maybe Rodgers came here to exorcise that ghost. This is happening.

Edited by SO1

41 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Agree, he's a fantastic player and deserves to play more.

There was one pass in particular that was amazing today that I haven't seen shown on any highlights. He picked up the ball from our throw-in in our own half, spun his man with ease and played Vardy in behind with a beautifully curved pass down the line. Vardy then underhit a square ball to Iheanacho which would've made it 2 0 at the time. 

I'm convinced he'd start for 15/16 of the other teams in the league. 

Should be starting for this one...

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He was probably our "worst" player today, but even then he did setup the pass to Maddison who crossed to Nacho for 2-0. He gave the ball away carelessly quite a few times and lashed a wild shot into the car park.

For me though I think it's down to playing an extremely large volume of games this season (he has played in all cup games as well as league games) than lack of ability and he probably needs a rest, which has been mentioned a few times by Rodgers already as a possibility. The fact that he starts so many games speaks volumes though, he is a brilliant deep lying play maker and when he's on song, we really play well.

I actually thought Tielemans was really good yesterday, it was just overshadowed because we had so many flashy performances.  He played a couple of stunning through balls and tracked back defensively in the first half when he needed to, possibly saving a goal on one occasion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

I actually thought Tielemans was really good yesterday, it was just overshadowed because we had so many flashy performances.  He played a couple of stunning through balls and tracked back defensively in the first half when he needed to, possibly saving a goal on one occasion.

"Worst" player at 7/10 rating for me lol

Absolutely shocking for a Leicester City player. He will be fined 2 weeks wages and told to run around Viccy Park 50 times before starting training tomorrow morning.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

"Worst" player at 7/10 rating for me lol

Absolutely shocking for a Leicester City player. He will be fined 2 weeks wages and told to run around Viccy Park 50 times before starting training tomorrow morning.

Heartless Taskmaster.