Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Starmer Next Labour Leader

This account is good for anyone following the race - gives you who all the CLP branches are backing.

At first glance it's starting to look like RLB has nowhere near the support Corbyn did.

Very small in the grand scheme if things - but these results last night from Brent were crazy.

Lost one safe as houses council seat to the Lib Dems and weren't far off losing one to the Tories.

It's hard not to conclude now that Unite is secretly Conservative and Len McCluskey is a Tory plant.

We all expected RLB but nominating Burgon is the big giveaway.

lol

Edited by MattP

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's hard not to conclude now that Unite is secretly Conservative and Len McCluskey is  Tory plant.

lol

I was going to post exactly the same when I saw him on Newsnight 

47 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's hard not to conclude now that Unite is secretly Conservative and Len McCluskey is a Tory plant.

lol

37 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I was going to post exactly the same when I saw him on Newsnight 

I have no issue with burgon being a confused anti Semite of sorts ..... he’s more likely to simply be a tad misguided and needing a broader view .... many of his views on the region are probably reasoned and correct ....HOWEVER, to continue to deny he said something when its on film and refuse to own and explain it is beyond comprehension..... clearly a grade one dick and a stupid one too ! 

RLB and burgon as a leadership duo is a terrible choice BUT there is time to ditch them pre next GE and to put up a realistic opponent for boris ...... tbh, choosing starmer now could make him look stale by 2025 and if brexit hasn’t turned out to be a disaster, a strong remainer against boris in five years would be stuffed.  

37 minutes ago, MattP said:

Above ALL - loyalty to the leader.

"the qualities that have long been absent from that post"

(Under that bastard Tom Watson. We're still bitter that our Stalinist coup against him failed and he got to leave on his own terms).....

"No, better delete that bit in brackets. We all know that the MSM will use that against us!" 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MattP said:

lol

Above ALL - loyalty to the leader.

What Unite want is a leadership team and PLP that is utterly subservient to Momentum and the crank left. Looking at the lukewarm support for their dream team across CLPs though, it isn't working. One hopes that sanity is being slowly restored. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bilo said:

What Unite want is a leadership team and PLP that is utterly subservient to Momentum and the crank left. Looking at the lukewarm support for their dream team across CLPs though, it isn't working. One hopes that sanity is being slowly restored. 

The interview with Len McCluskey on Marr was barely serious. Naturally he saw all this coming of course and despite saying we needed an election before Brexit was sorted out he didn't really mean it as he knew it was a trap.

Starmer looks to have a very heavy lead among pollsters, CLP's and every other affiliated group. Some serious rigging is going to have to occur for them to get RLB across the line.

Edited by MattP

59 minutes ago, MattP said:

The interview with Len McCluskey on Marr was barely serious. Naturally he saw all this coming of course and despite saying we needed an election before Brexit was sorted out he didn't really mean it as he knew it was a trap.

Starmer looks to have a very heavy lead among pollsters, CLP's and every other affiliated group. Some serious rigging is going to have to occur for them to get RLB across the line.

There's been a surge in membership that has opposite views to that of the surge in 2015 - more moderates and people who want the Tories out as the cultists have lost interest and left. 

A written constitution has its merits but we know that it's just code for the middle class metros taking back control for good. 

It also amuses me that the progressives that heavily fangirl a written constitution spend a lot of time in bewilderment at the fact the Americans can't decide whether they should go round shooting each other and if women have the right to do as they wish with their bodies. 

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

A written constitution has its merits but we know that it's just code for the middle class metros taking back control for good. 

It also amuses me that the progressives that heavily fangirl a written constitution spend a lot of time in bewilderment at the fact the Americans can't decide whether they should go round shooting each other and if women have the right to do as they wish with their bodies. 

To be honest I don't get that second paragraph either (the progressives in favour of a constitution, that is).

As you say, you only have to look at those two aspects of the US (not the only ones either, think of all that happened before various amendments were passed) to see how setting things in stone that way can be problematic. The current system of governance in the UK is imperfect but I don't think federalising is the way.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

To be honest I don't get that second paragraph either (the progressives in favour of a constitution, that is).

As you say, you only have to look at those two aspects of the US (not the only ones either, think of all that happened before various amendments were passed) to see how setting things in stone that way can be problematic. The current system of governance in the UK is imperfect but I don't think federalising is the way.

I think that’s the point he is making....