Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Starmer Next Labour Leader

The manifesto was fine…. The presentation, the lack of ability to connect was poor

The anti Semitic issues not being addressed was unforgivable…

A ducking shambles of a party in the end…. We’re all reaping the consequences…. A crying shame

He knew he was unelectable too…

Amy whiff of the metropolitan elite is a complete no go…. I fear things have changed irrevocably…

Best candidate….??? I connect with Angela Rayner and find myself nodding when she speaks…. Quite like Jess Phillips too…. They’re real and credible 

I know it’s going to be disappointing for a lot of Leicester but I can’t see Labour getting power for a decade at the least. They’re all idiots completely out of touch with what the majority of this nation want. It’s now simply time for the minority to concede, we can move on and show a little ambition. If remain hadn’t disrupted everything so much we’d already have trade deals etc in place and be well on our way to working on a successful post Brexit Britain. 

Edited by SheppyFox

Banging on about the health service every election and then losing, stupid un costed promises,idiotic privatisation plans etc... Probably going to elect Starmer, the reason many people voted Tory because of his and Corbyns crazy Brexit ideas.no chance labour learn this time.2029 at the earliest and 3 more leaders before the realise

If Labour elect a Momentum loony after Corbyn is gone, they'll lose again in 2024. They have to slide back towards where most of the UKs electorate resides, in the centre ground, rather than where their membership is, which is in the main, the hard left.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Wolfox said:

The manifesto was fine…. The presentation, the lack of ability to connect was poor

The anti Semitic issues not being addressed was unforgivable…

A ducking shambles of a party in the end…. We’re all reaping the consequences…. A crying shame

He knew he was unelectable too…

Amy whiff of the metropolitan elite is a complete no go…. I fear things have changed irrevocably…

Best candidate….??? I connect with Angela Rayner and find myself nodding when she speaks…. Quite like Jess Phillips too…. They’re real and credible 

Corbyn's huge miscalculation was this farcical pretence regarding supposed neutrality over Brexit when we all know that every cell in his body opposes Remain. Had he had the courage to remain true to his convictions and taken a stance over Europe then the Tory gains in traditional Labour heartlands could have been attenuated. The populist appropriation of these areas reminds me so much of the Trump appropriation of the working class Democrat vote particularly in the rust belt of America. The resultant Tory landslide/majority is very concerning 

We now know that Corbynmania ostensibly amounted to little more than 60,000 six-formers in a field at Glastonbury chanting "Oh Jeremy Corbyn"...Nonetheless, had the younger demographic been effectively mobilised by Labour during the referendum this catastrophe could have been averted. Was never going to happen whilst Momentum were puppetmasters. The Labour Party is lost amid a witch hunt of deselection and entryism. 

32 minutes ago, Guesty said:

When I look at future Labour leaders none of them really seem inspiring. Most times I've heard Jess Phillips speak every sentence seemed to be: me, me, me or I, I, I. If she could tone that down and the attention seeking rants from the back benches she might not be so bad. 

Originally I dismissed her. When I see her talking here, maybe she could be the answer. Someone who seems to understand and isn't from London.

Fair play to her, an honest assessment.

A big scary Brummie woman might be just what Labour needs :thumbup: 

11 hours ago, Guesty said:

When I look at future Labour leaders none of them really seem inspiring. Most times I've heard Jess Phillips speak every sentence seemed to be: me, me, me or I, I, I. If she could tone that down and the attention seeking rants from the back benches she might not be so bad. 

Originally I dismissed her. When I see her talking here, maybe she could be the answer. Someone who seems to understand and isn't from London.

I could never vote for her, her teeth aggravate me..

Ok, a couple of things that I think Labour have to do;

• Appoint a female leader
  • Appoint an MP that is based north of Watford

Now for me, Angela Rayner is the candidate that best fits that profile and would prove an astute choice to put up against Johnson.

Just look at her back story and tell me it's not a perfect fit to start restoring faith in the party amongst Northern voters, which is what Labour need to do if they want to get anywhere near being relevant as a political party again. 

I also get the feeling that at the dispatch box, Johnson would end up having a real problem - I can't see him taking her seriously, to the extent the optics could end up being really bad for him. 

So that would be my current pick, if I had a vote in this (I don't) - no one else, even Starmer as capable as he seems, appeals as a likely winner against Johnson. 

That said, if there is one small positive Labour can take from this disastrous election, it's the seed the campaign managed to plant that Johnson is both a liar and chicken. That is definitely the narrative an opposition can use to good effect over a 5 year period to turn the tables.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Now for me, Angela Rayner is the candidate that best fits that profile and would prove an astute choice to put up against Johnson.

Just look at her back story and tell me it's not a perfect fit to start restoring faith in the party amongst Northern voters, which is what Labour need to do if they want to get anywhere near being relevant as a political party again. 

I also get the feeling that at the dispatch box, Johnson would end up having a real problem - I can't see him taking her seriously, to the extent the optics could end up being really bad for him. 

So that would be my current pick, if I had a vote in this (I don't) - no one else, even Starmer as capable as he seems, appeals as a likely winner against Johnson. 

That said, if there is one small positive Labour can take from this disastrous election, it's the seed the campaign managed to plant that Johnson is both a liar and chicken. That is definitely the narrative an opposition can use to good effect over a 5 year period to turn the tables.

What is the obsession with picking a woman as leader?

• Thanks 1

I think labour need to pick a leader for the short term and see where the landscape is in three years ...... for example, if brexit goes well then  how much chance would a remain per like starmer have in 2024?   

the next election will not be won by the opposition over the next 30 months ......if labour can move towards the centre as the parliament progresses then the electorate  may take them more seriously ...... the leader of the party is more important than the policies but they must sincerely believe in them ....Corbyn didn’t believe in the brexit policy and the public saw through it. that’s not leadership. 

it might not be the worst thing for things to get worse for them under another ‘left side’ leader for a couple years before a ‘road to Jerusalem’ moment where they ‘find themselves’ in 2022 and elect someone who can really take on the PM. In five years, it may not be boris ....the Tories don’t hang around if their leader becomes untenable. 

6 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Agree with your analysis on Rayner. 

I don't think they'll be winning the next election whatever though - Boris is just box office at the ballot box and he's going to splash the cash.

Labour's biggest problem now could be the lies they told - no one aside from the hardcore will believe the "sell the NHS" nonsense again because of how hard they went on it this time.