Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
StriderHiryu

Merih Demiral

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I dont want us spending any more than 30m on a CB there is plenty out there that can give our current setup competition.

 

Ruban Diaz from benfica 25-30m

Retsos from BLeverkusen 25-30m

Upmecano RB Leipzig 25-30m

 

All of those have release clauses of around 40-50m. It's going to be very difficult to get a decent cb for less than 30 that can have an instant impact 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm expecting to hear the word 'protracted' many times in this thread before the end of the month 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rob Tanner challenged the accepted wisdom in today’s Athletic:

 

- No bid for Demiral made yet.  The Morgan and Benkovic injuries may force our hand.  Both are are expected to be out for several weeks at least.  A January bid for the likes of Dunk or Tarkowski is unlikely, for obvious cost reasons.

 

- With cover in mind, both Morgan and Fuchs are set to be offered new one-year extensions.  But Wes has been taking academic business qualifications to aid his ventures outside of the game. He is expected to move into business ventures rather than coaching.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frost said:

Upamecano is a bad shout. Horrific injury record.

He could be best mates with Benko.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fox85 said:

If you spend over 25m on a player regardless he has to start every game.

 

Now I'm happy for that to happen but we have the best defence in the league or one of.

 

Let's say we get him in who do we risk on losing there spot

Evans?? Not a chance.

Soyunchu. Hes not as good as Soyunchu.

 

Go back in the summer and try and get him cheaper or dont bother with him

There are 2 or three things to think about here.

We will be in Europe & will need four very good CB's to do that .

We are one injury away from big trouble & two injuries away from a full blown disaster 

Jonny Evans is 32 years old and there will come a time ..

25 Mill plus is no longer big money especially when three years from now top class  CB's will start at a hun.

Better to buy one good one instead of one average one and then having to buy a good one later on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought Wilf could play centre back at a push? I am aware this would nullify the fantastic job he does in front of the back 4, but if needs be he would probably do a good a job as Fuchs. However, surely it's got to be time to invest. There is a shed load of money to be spent from the Maguire deal and it would be worth investing in a quality centre back, to bed in before European football next year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lcfcdotell said:

I was only making a lighthearted joke. Genuinely sorry if I upset you 

No need to apologise buddy, I took it as intended :) hence the 'but...'

 

My point still stands though, I don't want him lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t that long ago people were crying out for Big Dan as a CB too. Also what about Knight or Moore? Could they cover at a pinch?

 

I do think we need another top class CB though, that and really, really top quality winger 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Also what about Knight or Moore?

Elliott Moore was transferred to Oxford at start of season. (Not a regular first team player currently.)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

.

 

    what's your Point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2020 at 15:38, Haywood_6 said:

Obligatory youtube showreel

The first thing that impressed me with this video was his ability of bringing the ball out from the back. We know this is something Rodgers loves from his centre backs especially against teams that sit back. 
 

6 ft 3, appears quick for a centre back, good in the air, 21 years old & can bring the ball out from the back. I’m all for it personally.

 

Another interesting fact, across turkeys 10 European championship qualifications they only conceded 2 goals. I’m not sure how many of them games were with Demiral & Cags as a pairing but impressive still.

 

Hopefully once we sign Demiral, him & Cags can help convince Cengiz Under to sign too. :thumbup:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2020 at 08:11, Nicolo Barella said:

From a Juventus fan:

 

Anything above 50 million euros is a fair price for us (not for who buys him) but we have no intention or need to sell him so he’s not going anywhere.
Nonetheless, it’s fun seeing people in the thread saying he’s as good as Ajax de Ligt when he hasn’t been as good as Juve de Ligt. His positioning is dreadful, and if he wasn’t exceptional from an athletic POV (really fast and great stamina) it would be impossible for him to start in anything but a low to mid table side. I wouldn’t pay more than what we paid for him to Sassuolo, but his potential is undoubtedly exceptional.

I think in pure terms of defensive ability (tackling, marking etc.) he’s not far off great players like Skriniar, but Skriniar’s positioning is infinitely better. I wouldn’t play Demiral in an high line for sure, a thing I can’t say for De Ligt or Bonucci.

 

I think he’s easily a champions league level player in terms of pure defensive ability, but his positioning lets him down so much it’s not even funny. He gets a lot of important tackles but if you actually watch the matches 90% of them are him getting ****ed by a through ball due to his poor positioning and having to run back and tackle the opposing striker. He’s great at it, but if that ball goes to someone with more pace than him then it’s a 1v1 with the keeper.

His positioning is something Kolo can sort out.... similar to what he did with Cags.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fox85 said:

I dont want us spending any more than 30m on a CB there is plenty out there that can give our current setup competition.

 

Ruban Diaz from benfica 25-30m

Retsos from BLeverkusen 25-30m

Upmecano RB Leipzig 25-30m

 

The same Diaz they was commanding close to £50m for last summer let alone in the January window?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fox85 said:

I dont want us spending any more than 30m on a CB there is plenty out there that can give our current setup competition.

 

Ruban Diaz from benfica 25-30m

Retsos from BLeverkusen 25-30m

Upmecano RB Leipzig 25-30m

 

RB Leipzig rejected €60 million in the summer from Arsenal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

The first thing that impressed me with this video was his ability of bringing the ball out from the back. We know this is something Rodgers loves from his centre backs especially against teams that sit back. 
 

6 ft 3, appears quick for a centre back, good in the air, 21 years old & can bring the ball out from the back. I’m all for it personally.

 

Another interesting fact, across turkeys 10 European championship qualifications they only conceded 2 goals. I’m not sure how many of them games were with Demiral & Cags as a pairing but impressive still.

 

Hopefully once we sign Demiral, him & Cags can help convince Cengiz Under to sign too. :thumbup:

We'll be a delight to watch.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arsenal fans worried after Leicester City bid for Merih Demiral

Arsenal fans are urging Raul Sanllehi to make a bid for Juventus defender Merih Demiral quickly, as it has emerged that Leicester City are in for the centre-back.

 

Arsenal are in desperate need of a new centre-back, with their defence looking shaky this season.

And Gunners fans are worried that Leicester could secure the signing of Demiral ahead of them, as they feel he would be perfect for their side.

 

Demiral has only had limited game time at Juve this term, but the Turkish defender is considered to be a huge talent.

The 21-year-old still should have his best years ahead of him, and he could be a smart addition for Mikel Arteta’s side to make.

Arsenal simply cannot rely on their current options at centre-back, especially with Calum Chambers out for the rest of the season with injury now.

Leicester are currently 18 points ahead of Arsenal in the Premier League table and the gap could widen, if the Foxes make the signing of Demiral.  

 

The Twitter comments are bit funny in the link :P

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/06/arsenal-fans-worried-after-leicester-city-bid-for-merih-demiral/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Arsenal fans worried after Leicester City bid for Merih Demiral

Arsenal fans are urging Raul Sanllehi to make a bid for Juventus defender Merih Demiral quickly, as it has emerged that Leicester City are in for the centre-back.

 

Arsenal are in desperate need of a new centre-back, with their defence looking shaky this season.

And Gunners fans are worried that Leicester could secure the signing of Demiral ahead of them, as they feel he would be perfect for their side.

 

Demiral has only had limited game time at Juve this term, but the Turkish defender is considered to be a huge talent.

The 21-year-old still should have his best years ahead of him, and he could be a smart addition for Mikel Arteta’s side to make.

Arsenal simply cannot rely on their current options at centre-back, especially with Calum Chambers out for the rest of the season with injury now.

Leicester are currently 18 points ahead of Arsenal in the Premier League table and the gap could widen, if the Foxes make the signing of Demiral.  

 

The Twitter comments are bit funny in the link :P

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/06/arsenal-fans-worried-after-leicester-city-bid-for-merih-demiral/

Loving them comments. How times change. We need to get in quick before they get him. Is that last years no need to worry it's only little Leicester lol lol lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starts for Juve today against Cagliari in Serie A. Imagine this is very unlikely now.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...