Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
StanSP

(Some of) Our Fans

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I see a future where Football Clubs will gradually reduce fans coming into their stadiums.

With Amazon streaming and having the games so easily accessible, sadly actual in-stadium supporters will become non-existent.

 

I think games will become invitation only events for fans entering into the Clubs stadiums with a closer monitoring of identities and stricter selection processes. 

I also think the game will begin to look like a virtual / digital platform and fans will be on screens or 3D projections instead of seats.

 

I genuinely see this example and the continued rise in racist behaviour as the nail on the head for football fans. 

 

@Babylon asks 'is this how sterile football is becoming?' for me the answer is yes and things will only become worse.

But just like VAR's introduction, who is to blame for this sterility? 

 

 

Dear me 

 

you need to read the book “chicken lickin” 

 

I would say the atmosphere at the KP is getting better at time ! 
 

I do not see sterile , I see a safe fun and entertaining place to bring my kids and their friends no matter what colour , Religion, creed or nationality they are .... 

 

think these sort of posts harker after The times when bad behaviour, boorish thugs and men who abuse women Were common place at football 

 

if last night was sterile , give me sterile anyday 

 

the build up was great ... the football from Liverpool was great , our fans were hear and my kids loved it , sterile my arse 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lgfualol said:

This is the one that confuses me. Have the people chanting this seen parts of Leicestershire? Not exactly Monaco.

I’m with you on this. Leicester City is still largely a Labour area isn’t it? Sorry, live elsewhere now, but my folks are still there.

The need to shock, especially in tribal situations is cowardly and disgusting, not "fair game", as some see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame they didn’t get the shit kicked out of then to be honest, same goes for any moron who sings ‘feed the scousers’ when record numbers of kids are in poverty this Christmas. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ealingfox said:

 

 

It's the logo of a national newspaper. It isn't an offensive symbol.

Don't be thick, you know full well what it implies. If their fans were showing pictures of helicopters would be saying its a picture of a helicopter so not offensive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't get why people say footballs become sterile, it's a separate argument. Being highly offensive to a set of fans is not acceptable simple as. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are so tough when there's a line of Police in between.

 

Why can't these people be normal and just sing for LCFC.

Edited by Fox92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone somewhere likes to quote the supposed mantra of Scousers, which is 'Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing' - takes some gall to come out with that, given some of our support apparently unashamedly going out of their way to be directly offensive.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Last few weeks have been tough to take.

The football's bad enough, but a section of out support seem to have embraced a childish right-wing reactionary agenda that is starting to brand our club in a regrettable way.

I'd remind these wankers that - like it or not - this is a radical and diverse city, and you lot are a frankly embarrassing stain on it.

Why don't you take your Tory posturing somewhere it's wanted, 

Absolute tossers.

Yep last few weeks have been an embarrassment. All for witty chants giving stick but we’ve had a section of support celebrating poverty, politics and now a disaster. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a wider problem here.

Don’t get me wrong this is in bad taste. But as mentioned above it was a wind up. Those doing it stoll should have known better. But considering what’s been going on in football and the wider world recently it’s not the worst thing ever.

 

the worrying issue is the right wing uprising. And to think that’s happening in our city is very worrying.

 

i am a white British 32 year old man. I am a product of multiculturalism. I consider my life to be richer because of multiculturalism.

i find it hard to understand the right wing uprising as it is, it’s like everybody’s brains have fallen out. But it’s even harder to take in our city where we have a rich culture and a superb mix of difference.

why on earth are people chanting for boris? I just don’t get it. Wish they’d have put the same

effort into criticising and booing the team for not turning up for the last 5 weeks, maybe then they would actually make an effort.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yep last few weeks have been an embarrassment. All for witty chants giving stick but we’ve had a section of support celebrating poverty, politics and now a disaster. 

Politics has no real place in football banter, your party allegiance is academic. However i don't like this same thing Labour and remainders say that tories are all racist. I voted Conservative for a number of reasons but I was well within my rights just like Labour voters were. I am not a racist, nor would I chant about Boris, but it seems all tory voters get labelled this thuggish way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dooflip said:

There is a wider problem here.

Don’t get me wrong this is in bad taste. But as mentioned above it was a wind up. Those doing it stoll should have known better. But considering what’s been going on in football and the wider world recently it’s not the worst thing ever.

 

the worrying issue is the right wing uprising. And to think that’s happening in our city is very worrying.

 

i am a white British 32 year old man. I am a product of multiculturalism. I consider my life to be richer because of multiculturalism.

i find it hard to understand the right wing uprising as it is, it’s like everybody’s brains have fallen out. But it’s even harder to take in our city where we have a rich culture and a superb mix of difference.

why on earth are people chanting for boris? I just don’t get it. Wish they’d have put the same

effort into criticising and booing the team for not turning up for the last 5 weeks, maybe then they would actually make an effort.

You're making the mistake, the big mistake that Boris is right wing and tories are right wing etc etc. I voted Conservative not because I love Boris, nor because I'm racist but because I didn't want a socialist loon bankrupting the country. Immigration being controlled for example is not racist, but common sense which should have been done years ago. It wouldn't stop multi culturalism at all, but anyone not with jobs not with a trade or skill, not seeking work or anyone with criminal backgrounds, wouldn't be allowed to freely live here. What's wrong with that? The left wing Labour was more severely left than the tories are right way way more. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, foxile5 said:

It's the Boris Johnson chanting that has confused me to be honest. 

 

He doesn't represent the interests of the vast majority of those in the ground, why are they do enamoured with him? 

Do you know this for a fact. Cos the vast majority of the nation voted for him, just asking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Last few weeks have been tough to take.

The football's bad enough, but a section of out support seem to have embraced a childish right-wing reactionary agenda that is starting to brand our club in a regrettable way.

I'd remind these wankers that - like it or not - this is a radical and diverse city, and you lot are a frankly embarrassing stain on it.

Why don't you take your Tory posturing somewhere it's wanted, 

Absolute tossers.

Agree completely. I go to football to avoid politics and all the other bullshit in life. Proper pissed me off hearing some of the chants from a certain section of fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MattFox said:

Worth noting Leicester doesn’t have a single Tory MP or councillor and is statistically a poorer city than Liverpool 

Worth noting that many supports do not live in the inner- city and have no desire to.

 

The county is totally blue.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ealingfox said:

 

 

It's the logo of a national newspaper. It isn't an offensive symbol.

Neither is a picture of a helicopter but you'd be pretty peed off if they teased u with that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Remember when L1 was a singing area? Good times. 

Louder than Fosse Boys area last night. I sit slap bang in the middle and that was the best L1 has been in ages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Worth noting that many supports do not live in the inner- city and have no desire to.

 

The county is totally blue.

 

I'm sure you mean in a foxes supporting sense

 

Let's leave politics out of this. It is Christmas after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Louder than Fosse Boys area last night. I sit slap bang in the middle and that was the best L1 has been in ages.

I find 'you'll get your fuucking heads kicked in when you walk down Filbert street' not that convincing coming from little posh kids

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Politics has no real place in football banter, your party allegiance is academic. However i don't like this same thing Labour and remainders say that tories are all racist. I voted Conservative for a number of reasons but I was well within my rights just like Labour voters were. I am not a racist, nor would I chant about Boris, but it seems all tory voters get labelled this thuggish way. 

Personally I haven’t highlighted the party of my support on my post. So I don’t know why you’ve used the term ‘your party’. Politics doesn’t belong in football. Neither does songs about poverty or disasters leading to death. 

 

Sometimes there’s maybe a higher line when you face a local rival but we’ve sang chants of this nature at three consecutive games. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course it's tasteless, that's the whole point. Liverpool fans have made it clear to everyone that they get very upset about the Sun (whether or not their response is a reasonable one is another issue). And in general they appear to be an openly emotional group of fans and get wound up very easily. Football fans in the terraces are generally very good at identifying what will wind up the opposition fans the most.

 

If they acted with a quiet dignity regarding the whole affair, people wouldn't think to target it. But they have created this situation for themselves. They reliably flip their lid at anybody who fails the Hillsborough wallowing test, and they have armies of willing volunteers in the form of fans of other clubs who castigate anybody who isn't sufficiently mournful and sombre about it.

 

It really is not the same as other fans holding up helicopters. But if, in a few decades, we boycott a newspaper for saying something we don't like about the crash, we refuse to play on the anniversary of the accident, lambast anybody who doesn't meet our sympathy requirements and generally get wound up when anybody doesn't say or do exactly what we think they should, then I would fully expect opposition fans to exploit our sensitivities. But we don't behave like that and, I hope, we never will.

Edited by MarshallForEngland
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...