Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Newcastle (A) pre match

On 29/12/2019 at 10:37, fuchsntf said:

This Topic is amusing..Ideas on team selection..B.Rodgers Really did throw the Cat among the pigeons, fans Chasing their own arses,trying to predict,or again

Force an opinion,on the rights & wrongs of Team of next game Set up..:frantics:

And the purpose of any Club's fan's forum is........?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just can't see us not making 8 or 9 changes again and reverting back to our 'league' team.

That team at West Ham is more likely to play Wigan imo, we are then fresh for Villa mid week.

Kasper, Evans and perhaps Gray will keep their place. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I think we'll see mostly the 'first' team back but with a few tweaks with the super 'seconds', again with some tweaks (Ward will play that), kept for the FA Cup and then an appropriate mix for Villa cup game. 

He has to play the first team against Villa. Get the tie won at home, thrash them then we can rest a few for the second leg. 

On 30/12/2019 at 17:40, An Sionnach said:

Its time Fuchs and Chilwell were tried together , Chilwell' s main strength is his attacking play and he can beat defenders . Fuchs lacks pace but his defensive skills are still superior to Chilwell. The two together could solve our wide left problems.

Posts like this make me question what I'm seeing with my own eyes. 

Chilwell is good defensively but I'd say is limited going forward, certainly when you compare his movement to Ricardo and his crossing ability to Fuchs. Ricardo plays like a top class winger who can defend, Chilwell like a left back who can run into acres of space when he has the opportunity but more often than not goes backwards/sideways. 

Fuchs is nowhere near as good defensively as he was a few years ago, and it was only three days ago that he got carved open by an average West Ham side, leading to their goal.

Brendan has the right balance now. 

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

Posts like this make me question what I'm seeing with my own eyes. 

Chilwell is good defensively but I'd say is limited going forward, certainly when you compare his movement to Ricardo and his crossing ability to Fuchs. Ricardo plays like a top class winger who can defend, Chilwell like a left back who can run into acres of space when he has the opportunity but more often than not goes backwards/sideways. 

Fuchs is nowhere near as good defensively as he was a few years ago, and it was only three days ago that he got carved open by an average West Ham side, leading to their goal.

Brendan has the right balance now. 

The problem is Ben is shown up by the quality of the other three in our back four. The opposition will exploit that. So what do you do, ask Gray or Barnes to track back to support him , might help but they have few defensive skills. We play two defensive midfielders to give cover against wingers cutting in against him which is thought to be negative thinking. We drop him and play Justin which might well happen or we use him in a different role where his strengths might be very effective. Fuchs back at left back cannot be anything else than short term but overall he is still a very good player.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

The problem is Ben is shown up by the quality of the other three in our back four. The opposition will exploit that. So what do you do, ask Gray or Barnes to track back to support him , might help but they have few defensive skills. We play two defensive midfielders to give cover against wingers cutting in against him which is thought to be negative thinking. We drop him and play Justin which might well happen or we use him in a different role where his strengths might be very effective. Fuchs back at left back cannot be anything else than short term but overall he is still a very good player.

I'd certainly agree that he's the weakest of the back four, but I don't think he needs special protection. He seems to suffer from nerves more than the others against the big sides, leading to mistakes, but for most of the season he's been fine with our usual 4-3-3. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

Its time Fuchs and Chilwell were tried together , Chilwell' s main strength is his attacking play and he can beat defenders . Fuchs lacks pace but his defensive skills are still superior to Chilwell. The two together could solve our wide left problems.

Well it's happening , so let's see how it goes.

Perhaps you have the lottery numbers too :ph34r: