Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Aston Villa v Leicester City Carabo Cup 28.01.20

20 hours ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

I think Cross Country do the trains from Birmingham to Leicester. Not sure if they’re owned by EMR. 

Yeah, that's a good point.  Cross Country are rubbish, mind.  Even worse than East Midlands Trains/Railway.

I'll try them both.

22 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

If we all ask EMR to put on a football special, as they did for Derby a few years ago, they might run one.   The more people get in touch, the more chance it could happen.

https://www.eastmidlandsrailway.co.uk/help-manage/manage/contact-us

I'll drop them an Email this weekend.   

If that fails it might be worth driving to Rugby train station, a lot cheaper train tickets

• Like 1

Long shot... after two references adult references if available. Don’t think it will get to my category. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Permafrost said:

Sorted it now, cheers. Quite a lot gone already!

Share it please..

10 hours ago, Permafrost said:

Sorted it now, cheers. Quite a lot gone already!

9 hours ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Already? 

Looks like they haven't opened bottom tier, yet. Selling order, though I know it is sometimes wrong, states top tier first and there's still about 700 left up there as I type this.

I did want bottom tier but think I'm just gonna buy now and settle with top tier.

Sounds like quite a few gone already then, isn't the top tier much bigger than lower? Chances of it making it until Wednesday?

Really fancying this one but still unsure on trains. What do people reckon the chances are of making it back to New Street for 23:09 after the game?

1 hour ago, Osavo said:

Really fancying this one but still unsure on trains. What do people reckon the chances are of making it back to New Street for 23:09 after the game?

Looking at this myself. There are several trains from Aston which would get us back in time, but only one from Witton.

Edited by Voll Blau

56 minutes ago, Osavo said:

You should be ok.

Witton is only 5 mins walk, so if it finishes in normal time, you should be able to get the 21.56 or 22.16 from Witton.  Journey time to New Streer 11-12 mins.

If it went to penalties, you might need to walk to Aston (10-15 mins walk) and catch the 22.43 to New Street.  Journey time 6 mins

Obviously, you need to take a bit of a risk if there were any unexpected cancellations.  But that's life.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Looking at this myself. There are several trains from Aston which would get us back in time, but only one from Witton.

Aston isn't too much further though is it? Only about a 10 minute walk I believe. 

If the worst comes to worst, can always hot-foot it back to New Street and should still get there for 23:09. 

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Singing section block R4 lower tier. Wait for it to open up before buying. 

I’m waiting for the lower tier as they only sell alcohol in the lower tier lol (well that’s what it was like for the league game)

1 minute ago, Peckfortonfox said:

What time do the different points bands open for sale. 330 can buy Tuesday 7th but at what time? 0001 or 0800 etc 

thanks 

8am mate