Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Villa at Home (Carabao Cup)

28 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

well i for one am in absolute shock that people would rather go to the final at wembley on a sunny sunday afternoon, than the first leg semi final at king power stadium on a wednesday in january.

i know everyone on here and on twitter and on any part of the internet really needs to show themselves to be the most heroic of all of our fans, but honestly, maybe some people just don't want to go that much. it's on tele, even if i lived round the corner it'd be a proper debate as to whether to shell out another 20 quid to sit in what will no doubt be a crap atmosphere freezing my tits off when i could be in the boozer watching the exact same thing. 

see you all at wembley. 

Why do you bother going at all it’s it’s freezing and not just stay at home,

and if your expecting a sunny day out at Wembley in March,

then sorry to burst your bubble but the weather is generally worse on feb/March than January so you might aswell stay at home or watch it down the boozer,

and save yourself a lot more than £20 and also save yourself freezing your bollox off

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

well i for one am in absolute shock that people would rather go to the final at wembley on a sunny sunday afternoon, than the first leg semi final at king power stadium on a wednesday in january.

i know everyone on here and on twitter and on any part of the internet really needs to show themselves to be the most heroic of all of our fans, but honestly, maybe some people just don't want to go that much. it's on tele, even if i lived round the corner it'd be a proper debate as to whether to shell out another 20 quid to sit in what will no doubt be a crap atmosphere freezing my tits off when i could be in the boozer watching the exact same thing. 

see you all at 

In that case why go to any game that's on tv ?

Imagine if every fan thought like that 😒

2 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Something wrong if we can't sell out for the 1st leg of a cup semi final against Premier opposition, that is also a local side. 

People will find plenty of cash for the Wembley trip if we get through. 

Hopefully there's a late ticket surge or it could be embarrassing. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of those Family Stand tickets go M-Tu-Wed -- kids are back in school, and will nag their parents to go since some of their friends are...

Personally I’m glad some people can’t make it.  I was a season ticket holder for many years then moved away but it was never an issue to get a ticket for any league game when we were shite.  I now have a ticket for Wigan and Villa after only being able to get into one league game all season.... happy days !

And I’m bringing an inflatable !,,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

see you all at wembley. 

Let me put it another way. 

We have the best team in our history, or there abouts. 

We are in a cup semi against one of our rivals. 

The weather isn't really an issue as has been said February is quite shit for weather as well.

The cost of tickets is bollox as the club have been incredibly fair on the pricing. 

We are on the cusp of trying to increase our capacity by another 10,000 ish. 

Fans will be moaning about our ticket allocation should we reach the final. 

Over to you mate👍

Anyone ever thought that season ticket holders pay monthly for their season ticket and this extra expenditure is simply a no go in January? Don’t slag them off for it, you don’t know anyone elses’ Financial situation! 

I know as well people haven’t realised they are on general sale. I text my mate tonight about it, 20 mins later he’s bought a ticket as he didn’t realise! 

Lets make a shed shed load of noise Wednesday night and hope we are off to Wembley for our first final in 20 years! Great times they were! 

• Like 2

I've seen a good number of posts on social media asking for spare tickets and genuinely surprised replies when advised tickets are on general sale. I think lots of people assume tickets to all matches are difficult to get. 

Some extra publicity for general sales wouldn't have gone amiss for this game and the Wigan game. 

Aston Villa pair Wesley and Tom Heaton out for season with knee injuries.

• Like 1

There are less than 4000 tickets left. Most them are in the family stand. Unless the club relax the rules for buying tickets in the family areas then it won't sell out.

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

because with a season ticket it's free. and i can get there and back. and if i can't go then someone else can have my ticket for free. and go instead. 

i still might go tbf, still trying to work it out. i'd rather go than not go, but the extra cost, the extra effort and a whole host of other things is why we haven't sold out 28,000 tickets over the christmas holidays for a game that was announced two weeks ago, inbetween two other games that people already had tickets for.  

some people genuinely just have other things to do and other things going on that mean they can't make yet another midweek match, one that they have to pay extra for, at such short notice. it's really not complicated, wish people would just get over themselves.

Your season ticket is free?

I must be doing something wrong! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Your season ticket is free?

I must be doing something wrong! 

genuinely was last year tbf 

Surprised by the slow sales but also agree the club could have taken a similar pricing approach to the Wigan game and packed the ground out.

I for one am absolutely buzzing though. It's our first cup semi final in 20 years, a midlands derby and we go in as favourites. Wasn't gonna miss it for the world! :scarf: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Aston Villa pair Wesley and Tom Heaton out for season with knee injuries.

They best still be going to the match, plaztik cnuts.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

The cost of tickets is bollox as the club have been incredibly fair on the pricing. 

That's fair if you're buying a single ticket; but many people buy numerous for family or kids and then have associated travel costs and potential food/drink. It all adds up.

Then we've just got out of the Christmas period, a notoriously expensive time of the year. The tickets themselves aren't unreasonably priced, it's when you realise there are other factors in a persons life (shocking I know) that may  stop them buying a ticket. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That's fair if you're buying a single ticket; but many people buy numerous for family or kids and then have associated travel costs and potential food/drink. It all adds up.

Then we've just got out of the Christmas period, a notoriously expensive time of the year. The tickets themselves aren't unreasonably priced, it's when you realise there are other factors in a persons life (shocking I know) that may  stop them buying a ticket. 

Fair enough but I'm not particularly flush atm and have a 120 mile round trip. 

But it's a cup semi and people could just attend, not get pissed, and eat before they go to the game. 

There's ways round it. 

12 months ago, our fans slated Puel for not taking the cups seriously when they were our only realistic chance of getting into European competition. 

Now we're where we are and our fans are not taking the cups seriously. 

Like others have said, the club haven't advertised it ever so well👍

12 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

because with a season ticket it's free

it’s free????

sometimes I feel like I learnt something at school when I see how stupid some people actually think,

how is it free do you not pay for your season ticket then or do you define a direct debit each month as a free ticket

• Haha 2

I'm still screwed from this flu bug I've had with a bad chesty cough lingering, just walking down to the local shop left me feeling knackered and short of breath.

Definitely not going today or midweek, last night was the first half decent sleep I've had this week.

12 hours ago, Shah johns said:

Personally I’m glad some people can’t make it.  I was a season ticket holder for many years then moved away but it was never an issue to get a ticket for any league game when we were shite.  I now have a ticket for Wigan and Villa after only being able to get into one league game all season.... happy days !

And I’m bringing an inflatable !,,

Ann Summers?

There are 5 days left before the game, barring the family stand the others will pretty much fill out to the point of just being single tickets available. 

• Like 1