Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LinekersLugs

Revolution in TV watching a massive success

Recommended Posts

Honest mistake; comment deleted.

 

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

How is it a massive success when you're obviously watching an illegal stream? Benefits no one but yourself, so who exactly has been successful?

Why is he obviously watching an illegal stream ? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

How is it a massive success when you're obviously watching an illegal stream? Benefits no one but yourself, so who exactly has been successful?

 

Wasn't it on BT?

 

I think the shift is coming... I can understand why fans would be sad about that. Selfishly, as a fan who makes a choice not to make the effort to get to a lot of games, I'm looking forward to the day when I can buy a digital season ticket and watch every Leicester game in glorious HD.

 

Is it a law that they can't televise multiple 3pm games on a Saturday in this country or a league rule? Perhaps changes in return for a significant chunk of the extra revenue going down the Football League/to grassroots football might appease some of those who have reservations?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Why is he obviously watching an illegal stream ? 

 

6 minutes ago, Bryn said:

 

Wasn't it on BT?

 

I think the shift is coming... I can understand why fans would be sad about that. Selfishly, as a fan who makes a choice not to make the effort to get to a lot of games, I'm looking forward to the day when I can buy a digital season ticket and watch every Leicester game in glorious HD.

 

Is it a law that they can't televise multiple 3pm games on a Saturday in this country or a league rule? Perhaps changes in return for a significant chunk of the extra revenue going down the Football League/to grassroots football might appease some of those who have reservations?

Dang it. I checked the calender (on this site) to see if it was televised, but it didn't say it was.

 

 Besides, BT is the niggly one that you pay through the nose unless you're a BT customer.

 

Soon we'll have too many channels you have to pay separately for. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit it dawned on me for the first time today the 'amazement' of choice and option of watching every single game.

 

I enjoyed our game being on TV because it was an away game, however as far as the home games are concerned and this is a selfish point of view but I couldn't care less and think it'd harm the amount of numbers actually going to games.

 

It seems nowadays people are hermits and don't like going out as it is, certainly within my circle of friends they'd rather stay in than go out which I find quite sad.

 

Another point to all this, if all games are going to be live, on TV or any other platform they don't need moving right?

 

See I could agree with that certainly regarding games I go to - However I quite like watching 'Super Sunday' (Often not very super admitedly), again that's a selfish and hypocritical view as i've just said i'm against games being moved. I can't have my cake and eat it as they say.

 

All in all I think every game being available on TV or other platforms will just breed even more armchair supporters - Get to games in person ffs!*

 

*Obviously there are logisitical and other reasons why people can't get there but for the mainstream I think excuses of not getting to games and watching on TV are exactly that - Excuses - I'm mainly moaning about your plastic supporter.

 

Edited by Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I must admit it dawned on me for the first time today the 'amazement' of choice and option of watching every single game.

 

I enjoyed our game being on TV because it was an away game, however as far as the home games are concerned and this is a selfish point of view but I couldn't care less and think it'd harm the amount of numbers actually going to games.

 

It seems nowadays people are hermits and don't like going out as it is, certainly within my circle of friends they'd rather stay in than go out which I find quite sad.

 

Another point to all this, if all games are going to be live, on TV or any other platform they don't need moving right?

 

See I could agree with that certainly regarding games I go to - However I quite like watching 'Super Sunday' (Often not very super admitedly), again that's a selfish and hypocritical view as i've just said i'm against games being moved.

 

All in all I think every game being available on TV or other platforms will just breed even more armchair supporters - Get to games in person ffs!*

 

*Obviously there are logisitical and other reasons why people can't get there but for the mainstream I think excuses of not getting to games and watching on TV are exactly that - Excuses - I'm mainly moaning about your plastic supporter.

 

TV is okay but you can't beat the atmosphere of going. I think that's enough to win most over even if we did have a reliable way of watching on TV. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

3 o’ clock games are not available in this country to protect leagues 1 and 2 and non league. As @cardifffox  perfectly I llustrates above .......

He had the choice though. Watch Leicester on tv or go to a non league game. He obviously can’t be that bothered about a non league team if he chose the tv option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

 

Dang it. I checked the calender (on this site) to see if it was televised, but it didn't say it was.

 

 Besides, BT is the niggly one that you pay through the nose unless you're a BT customer.

 

Soon we'll have too many channels you have to pay separately for. 

 

 

I think that's precisely the opposite to what is being advocated here. The models being referred to are where you get all of your teams games through a single provider (i.e. the season ticket).

 

I'm in complete agreement with OP. The PL needs to get on this sooner rather than later, and get rid or the archaic blackout rule which clearly isn't working and just inconveniences fans with games constantly getting moved around. Change is coming, it's just a case of how long it's going to take...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn’t impact US sports, which allow you to watch every game with a “season pass”. The stadiums are always full from what I see! 
 

Not every fan can get to a game, as they have other life commitments. 
 

I haven’t had a season ticket in 10 years, due to family commitments. I’d happily pay for a Digital Season Ticket and watch all games Amazon style. 
 

 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

He had the choice though. Watch Leicester on tv or go to a non league game. He obviously can’t be that bothered about a non league team if he chose the tv option. 

Because one is my club, another would be partial interest. Simple as that as per a Saturday 3pm home game. I don’t bother with streams on the average Saturday. 

 

I’m just not wholly comfortable with the scenario that we prioritise top flight football with wall to wall coverage every weekend. 

 

Midweek games in the Championship are all shown live by Sky and I know a Stoke mate who says it’s been affected their attendances badly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky have tried to change football fans, and for the most part, failed.

 

Fans do not want to watch what a TV executive decides is the weekend's big game, they want to watch their own team.

 

At the moment, the black market provides a service which legitimate providers do not.

 

The legitimate providers are missing a massive trick if they don't start to provide what the people want.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

The models being referred to are where you get all of your teams games through a single provider (i.e. the season ticket).

There should be a few suppliers showing all games and you choose the 'best' supplier that introduces real competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way it's going there won't be any lower league clubs.

Everyone will just be watching Premier League games on TV.

Thanks God for the REAL fans who go to the games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the problem with season ticket streaming is you would probably end up paying more and seeing less games overall.

 

of course it would be great to watch your team all season its good to watch other games with different teams so its a fine balance between the two.

 

prices will only go up imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sly said:

It doesn’t impact US sports, which allow you to watch every game with a “season pass”. The stadiums are always full from what I see! 
 

Not every fan can get to a game, as they have other life commitments. 
 

I haven’t had a season ticket in 10 years, due to family commitments. I’d happily pay for a Digital Season Ticket and watch all games Amazon style. 
 

 

I have little interest in US sports and my US geography is pretty poor, however I know for sure America is a vast country and I dare say away fans don't travel in the same way as we do here, which in some ways you still have to argue that the home fans still turn up in numbers in their big stadiums despite it being available on TV but I just think it's a totally different ball game here though - not pun intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...