Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
brucey

Southampton (H) pre-match thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, adejo92 said:

.... Because West Ham were embarrassingly bad and Newcastle were also terrible. 

 

Either of those performances against a team that didn't play like a Sunday League team would have resulted in a loss. 

 

Southampton ain't going to roll over and we need to be at our best to get a result. Its no over reaction. 

Yes it is. You’re right in what you’ve said at the end but I quote “our last few performances have been far from convincing.” 
We won 0-3 regardless of whether they played like a Sunday league team lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Langston said:

 

It was really strange how their fans weren't universally baying for blood after the 9-0, maybe they could see the good work he was doing and saw the result as a freak, he seems a popular bloke down there.

And well he should be. He’s a fine manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like us to go 

 

                  Schmeichel

     Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Justin (probs will be Chilwell tho) 

              Hamza Tielemans 

         Perez Iheanacho Maddison 

                       Vardy 

 

Press high and start fast with the attackers on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I really hope you have passed this certainty for the form of all our future opponents onto Brendan. It will be super useful to know when we can save our 100% effort for.

 

"Certainty" where have I stated that? I'm looking at probability, if you don't understand probability try harder in your statistics classes. I'm quite sure that Brendan and his team understand it, far more than you do. That's why they played a weakened side in the FA Cup because the probability showed them that the team were more likely to beat the opposition. Just as my list shows the teams where probability states the games will be more difficult than a mid-table/ relegation fighter at HOME!

 

The average intelligence of a football supporter never ceases to amaze me. 

 

Back to not posting I think.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Yes it is. You’re right in what you’ve said at the end but I quote “our last few performances have been far from convincing.” 
We won 0-3 regardless of whether they played like a Sunday league team lol

What I'm saying is the performance against Newcastle wouldn't render the same result as against Southampton. 

 

I don't think we have been convincing against Newcastle, West Ham or Villa. 

 

These will be a step up and if we play like we did in any of those three games, we'll loose. 

Edited by adejo92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FIF said:

 

"Certainty" where have I stated that? I'm looking at probability, if you don't understand probability try harder in your statistics classes. I'm quite sure that Brendan and his team understand it, far more than you do. That's why they played a weakened side in the FA Cup because the probability showed them that the team were more likely to beat the opposition. Just as my list shows the teams where probability states the games will be more difficult than a mid-table/ relegation fighter at HOME!

 

The average intelligence of a football supporter never ceases to amaze me. 

 

Back to not posting I think.

Think I will stick to supporting over naysaying all day everyday but each not their own :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Bit of an overreaction. At West Ham, we won away with our second team and would’ve won by more if we had finished our chances. At Newcastle, we battered them for the whole game and were 3-0 winners, calm down.

Not so sure it was an overreaction really. West Ham were poor and yes it was a decent result from a second string side. Newcastle had to play almost the entire 2nd half with 10 men so hard to judge really.

Our home form is what concerns me.

Everton didn't play that well and were lucky to win

Watford  ok clean sheet and 3 points but they were at the bottom of their form and we laboured in all honesty.

Norwich  yes they played well but we didn't.

Liverpool  less said about that the better

Villa  they had a plan and it almost worked. We looked passive and laboured especially 1st half

 

Today will be very tough. They will really be up for it, are more in form than we are and we seem tired, laboured and to have run out of steam a bit.

We have a very difficult February, need 27 more points to probably make top 4. I'd say today is a game we really need to win but not sure we will based on the last lot of home prefomances.

Right now I'd take a 1-0 or any form of scrappy win.  1st goal will be very important and we really need to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing for sure, we must stop conceding  the first goal. It was a habit last season and is proving a bug bear this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Langston said:

 

It was really strange how their fans weren't universally baying for blood after the 9-0, maybe they could see the good work he was doing and saw the result as a freak, he seems a popular bloke down there.

He’s a great man-manager and extremely popular and well-liked within the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2020 at 00:35, foxfanazer said:

Just had the weirdest dream that we were 2nd in the league and in the semi final of the cup. Came on here though and soon realised all of our players are shit and we're in fact in a relegation dogfight 

:appl:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sishades said:

One thing for sure, we must stop conceding  the first goal. It was a habit last season and is proving a bug bear this season.

Conceded first in 6 of the last 9 home games, amazing given the season we’ve had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sishades said:

One thing for sure, we must stop conceding  the first goal. It was a habit last season and is proving a bug bear this season.

I’ve bet 3-1 Leicester with Ings to score first so it ain’t happening today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't put my finger on it, but we're just not that convincing atm especially in the first half of games. Too many chances go begging, we give possession of the ball away far to easily at times. Back in Sept,Oct and into Nov I felt confident we'd win, and most of the time comfortably, and we did!  Something has changed. What?

 

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a moan, we're still 2nd for christ sake. But for me, I feel we're going to struggle in the coming weeks to maintain that position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

I can't put my finger on it, but we're just not that convincing atm especially in the first half of games. Too many chances go begging, we give possession of the ball away far to easily at times. Back in Sept,Oct and into Nov I felt confident we'd win, and most of the time comfortably, and we did!  Something has changed. What?

 

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a moan, we're still 2nd for christ sake. But for me, I feel we're going to struggle in the coming weeks to maintain that position.

All teams have a dip in form throughout the season.

 

The good thing is we are not losing games and still getting results.

 

We will be fine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can see a draw in this or a shithouse defeat. This is the way. They are a different side now and in good form. We aren’t at the level we were. I will pray for us all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Can see a draw in this or a shithouse defeat. This is the way. They are a different side now and in good form. We aren’t at the level we were. I will pray for us all. 

Or we’ll win 3-1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Ings hatrick 👀

Is Ings good? Yes he is(and always has been). Is he as good as Vardy? No he is not. So why not a Vardy hattrick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Is Ings good? Yes he is(and always has been). Is he as good as Vardy? No he is not. So why not a Vardy hattrick.

Perez - nailed on.

 

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shailen said:

Can't work out if they'll try and press us high or go into a deep low block.

I think probably the deep low block do could see it being a frustrating game for us. 1-0 to us though. 

 

I think they’ll press from the start, even on the road.  It’s Hassenhutl’s style and lately working well, including in their wins over Spurs and Chelsea.

 

Whether they can do it for 90’ is another matter.  We need to keep things tight in the first half, then they may tire and any “payback” emotions will have dissipated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...