Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
koop.

Pre Match Video Montage

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

 

 

Thanks pal. 

 

That's the one. 

 

 

 

I’ve been going since I was a little kid in the late 70’s and I wondered who it was too. Cheers! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2020 at 11:20, AKCJ said:

I'll hijack this by saying that playing that light show to the tune of the greatest showman is just about the most tin pot thing we could possibly do.

 

Cringe of the highest order. Especially when you add that melty video of Maddison and Chilwell talking to each other before it.

 

 

B I N.

Think your being a bit harsh.

 

I quite enjoy being a grumpy dad, all the loud deafening music, coming out and shaking hands before the start drives me bonkers. Just come out like two opposing teams of warriors and get it on. You can shake hands, kiss or chat to your mate at the end...but even i quite like the montage. Just need to make sure the post horn gallop follows immediately. The two combined and I'm ready!!!

 

Image result for charge into battle 

Edited by Jacnah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

It’s joe Walters against QPR in the fa cup quarter finals.

Splitting hairs I know but for the sake of accuracy it was Joe Waters. Was in that surge behind the goal for what it's worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Katy said:

I’ve been going since I was a little kid in the late 70’s and I wondered who it was too. Cheers! 

 

Yeah apparently he only played a handful of games for the club, didn't quite make the cut and was sold to Grimsby. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

It’s joe Walters against QPR in the fa cup quarter finals.

I'll bite. 

 

What are QPR doing playing in red shirts at home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

I'll bite. 

 

What are QPR doing playing in red shirts at home?

Because back then Leicester only had two kits, blue or white. So either way QPR's home blue and white hoops would have clashed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

I'll bite. 

 

What are QPR doing playing in red shirts at home?

That's an interesting question. I consider myself a bit of a statto and I'm old enough to remember this game but I don't know why QPR played in red as the home team.

 

My guess would be that we probably only had our white away kit with us and it was too close to a colour clash with the blue and white hoops of QPR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The greatest show montague works really nicely, but as others have said the light show is over the top.

 

I was thinking for night games could we just switch the lights off just before the boom with the players out on the pitch and then switch them back on, so the boom plays in darkness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a bit tired of the fox video montage. It needs an update and been played to death.

 

Love the heartbeat/thunderclap photo montage though. Stirring stuff. Couple of iconic photos haven't made the cut.

 

1 . Marsh wheeling away at Atletico. Hitherto his era, my fave ever single.moment

 

2. The Banks Shilts diving photo. 

 

I'd also like to have seen a picture of the 1980 players stripped at Orient. Not for gay reasons. But the mixture of joy and uncool menace of 1980s City fans celebrating

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Because back then Leicester only had two kits, blue or white. So either way QPR's home blue and white hoops would have clashed.

I did wonder if that could be it, and think it must be, but I don't remember ever seeing it happen. And I've been to alot of games pre 3rd kits!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2020 at 11:20, AKCJ said:

I'll hijack this by saying that playing that light show to the tune of the greatest showman is just about the most tin pot thing we could possibly do.

 

Cringe of the highest order.

Actually, no...

 

That would be last Saturday, relaying pre-match highlights with commentary of the nine goals scored at St.Mary's in October. 

 

Opting for pink away strip is pretty shite too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Actually, no...

 

That would be last Saturday, relaying pre-match highlights with commentary of the nine goals scored at St.Mary's in October. 

 

Opting for pink away strip is pretty shite too. 

We play highlights of previous matches against every single side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2020 at 20:39, Blue Fox 72 said:

That's an interesting question. I consider myself a bit of a statto and I'm old enough to remember this game but I don't know why QPR played in red as the home team.

 

My guess would be that we probably only had our white away kit with us and it was too close to a colour clash with the blue and white hoops of QPR.

Yeah, clubs were a lot more amateurish with kit and equipment. I can recall a game between Spurs and Coventry City in (checks up online) December 1986 when Coventry turned up in an all pale blue shirt which the ref determined clashed with Tottenham's white kit. Spurs didn't have their away kit to hand so had to wear Coventry's yellow away kit at home!

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Yeah, clubs were a lot more amateurish with kit and equipment. I can recall a game between Spurs and Coventry City in (checks up online) December 1986 when Coventry turned up in an all pale blue shirt which the ref determined clashed with Tottenham's white kit. Spurs didn't have their away kit to hand so had to wear Coventry's yellow away kit at home!

 

 

See, that’s a great story but it just wouldn’t happen these days. 
I kinda miss the amateurish innocence of the game sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

See, that’s a great story but it just wouldn’t happen these days. 
I kinda miss the amateurish innocence of the game sometimes.

Ah yes, the halcyon days of Saint and Greavsie, Grandstand, League Ladders in Shoot! and one live game a week on TV (if you were lucky), Elton Welsby, pitches which looked like a farmers field, The Dell, Roker Park and Ayesome Park Panini Stickers, "proper" floodlight pylons which were your navigation aid to finding your way to any football ground, Midweek Sports Special and Sportsnight, covering your exercise books with the team pull outs from Match!

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

We play highlights of previous matches against every single side.

???? We do, selectively - but I think you miss my point. 

 

We don't screen highlights of a particular nine goal thrashing complete with commentary every home game. Crass, tasteless, ill advised and ultimately, an own goal.

 

If you think that was appropriate or dignified last Saturday and the sort of direction that you would like to see our club heading, then I would strongly disagree. 

Edited by Line-X
Spelling
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Line-X said:

???? We do, selectively - but I think you miss my point. 

 

We don't screen highlights of a particular nine goal thrashing complete with commentary every home game. Crass, tasteless, ill advised and ultimately, an own goal.

 

If you think that was appropriate or dignified last Saturday and the sort of direction that you would like to see our club heading, then I would strongly disagree. 

Pointless and seeing as we lost it made us look like idiots 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...