Sign in to follow this  
Koke

City 1-2 Saints Post Match

55 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

No more talk of Choudhry being as good or better than Ndidi please.

Gonna be a tough month with out Ndidi

I don't think hes a holder. Hes a presser. 

• Like 2

Rodger's must now earn his corn. Our young, inexperienced squad is being exposed. Unlike the more experienced pros whose performance levels are not greatly affected when the team's form drops (Vardy, Evans, Schmeichel) because they've experienced the highs and lows many times before, our younger players' confidence levels are more fragile (Barnes, Chilwell, Choudhury). The danger is that if their confidence is further undermined by poor team performances and results the pressure will build and our season could begin to fall apart. Our next league game against Burnley is massive, therefore. If we win it and arrest the slide, confidence will begin to return and we can begin to reaffirm our top 4 credentials and slam the door on the chasing pack who are beginning to see a chink of light as they strive to close the gap. In addition, how to compensate for the loss of Ndidi, whose absence was massively emphasized today, will also be a challenge that Rodgers will need to urgently address.   

• Like 1

We look tired and out of ideas. 

Appalling performance but let's not forget where we are in the league ! I'm just concerned about the performance and the one against villa.

We miss wilf.

1 minute ago, Cujek said:

Wow that's kind of a massive over reaction. 

The team just needs freshening up a bit, a couple of quality new sinigns, that and this loss will be a catalyst for us. 

Top 4 is still very much a possibility and we will beat villa to get to a cup final, I think keep your pants, I'm annoyed at the loss as well but let's put it into a little perspective. P

I'm sorry but I knew people would be like perspective etc! Ffs we were playing amazing football and now since Man City we've been a mid table team at best! That's your perspective! Can't keep saying oh but we're 2nd and semi final blah blah. You have to show your ambition and simply we were awful today and have been for a while. We say the same thing over and over, once we've been found out we have no plan B. A team that has a high press against us will do well. Chilwell needs to be dropped. He's been woeful since he was demolished by Mahrez. They actually need this perhaps to kick them up the arse. No urgency and no workrate. Things we did really well before Xmas have just simply disappeared. We need a decent winger for sure, plus cover at the back. 

13 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Barnes and Perez have had good moments but the fact we've been carrying wingers all season has caught up with us. 

100% this.

Barnes 1 goal in 19 games? It's just not good enough and Vardy has carried us to 2nd quite frankly. Perez has 5 in 18 games but 3 of them were in the 9-0!

17 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Fed up of this sht.

been like it for what seems like months now.

we went from being one of the best sides in the league to not turning up. The effort just isn’t there.

we don’t press. There’s no urgency. We have no ideas going forward. No passion. I’m ashamed of our team and have been since Everton/Watford at home sort of time. We’ve been awful since that.

something needs to change.

would be considering accepting big bids for most of the squad at the moment with how pathetic they’ve been. Cash in while we can.

Joined October 2017, sounds about right.

• Like 1

I think the frustration with the wide man/winger Situation is that we all called it before the season (and last season). We have severely lacked a wide man since mahrez left and it shows week in week out.

Edited by les-tah

I'm disappointed with the defeat, but we can't just start writing players off left, right and centre. The biggest frustration is we know the quality we possess, given that we're still second in the league with a winnable League Cup semi-final. Still lots to play for.

I've been blown away with our performances this season, both positively and, unfortunately,  negatively. No need for meltdown. 

Up the Citeh! 

1 hour ago, Foxhateram said:

3 goals ruled out by VAR. Having a joke! There's was offside, not even checked. Ref gave every 50/50 to them. 

Was the same against Villa last week. Ref wasn't giving any of their fouls. 

Nah mate. Can't blame the ref or VAR for this one bud. 

We were tragic

• Like 1

BBC saying this festive schedule is ever more ferocious than normal, not sure if true, but it certainly seems to be affecting us.

We look leggy, weary, etc, etc as soon as the game hits about the 60th minute.

People will say "well it doesn’t affect X, Y or Z" but a lot of teams have way more depth than us, or less games.

Not saying it doesn’t need to change, but  Get some new legs, and new emphasis hopefully.

Not like we were beaten by a particularly great team, they certainly had more motivation but they still gave up enough chances to us for a different scoreline and most of their opportunities were from our own sloppy play in midfield and defence.

I think Evans has dodged alot of criticism on here tonight when he kept Ings onside for the second and was running out of position to close wingers down when they were already covered which left gaps in behind more than once. Soyuncu also looking uncharacteristicly nervy closing players down, no idea why Rodgers chose to switch the CBs around for this one. I think partially one symptom of us playing so poorly is Chilwell, he was rattled against Man City and Liverpool which cruely showed him the level he needs to play at to achieve his and our ambitions, that weight coupled with the rest of the team dipping in form has put him in the spotlight because he's always bombing down the wing to make high risk crosses/passes which aren't hitting their targets, he runs up & down that wing all day for us and fans get frustrated at repeatedly seeing his efforts fail to come off; which is not me defending his poor form but I think he's one who flourishes when the team ticking over nicely.

We've looked ragged at home for more than a month in the League now, incidentally since Rodgers & Co signed new deals. If this form creeps into our away matches too we'll struggle to stay Top 6 let alone 4.

47 minutes ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Chilly's form has come down to the other teams figuring us out. Both Chilly & Ricky P are being stifled on the wings. Every goal kick or throw out from Kasper goes directly to Chilly every game. Even I had noticed that after the first 5 or 6 games of the season. We are not trying anything new. We are trying to run the wings but are getting strangled off and several times there is not a simple pass to make. Chilly has to try some through pass that he obviously does not have the knack for. Ricky P has ability to take on his markers and get up field but Chilly just either gives it away or leaves it behind his feet when he trys to beat someone. Noticed Perez guilty of leaving the ball behind also.

•  

Mate, for some reason the font size of your posts (on my PC) is smaller than everyone elses so I need to put my specs on to read them 

Edited by Izzy

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

100% this.

Barnes 1 goal in 19 games? It's just not good enough and Vardy has carried us to 2nd quite frankly. Perez has 5 in 18 games but 3 of them were in the 9-0!

Barnes supply line is Chilwell who at the moment cant pass the ball forwards, Perez getting better week by week 100% this

This result was seen about two weeks ago. This insistence on passing around the halfway line when a ball over the top will do is starting to annoy me. 
second half of the season requires an element of mixing it up a bit. 
Vardy is looking as isolated as he was under Claude. 
The balls back to Evans are bordering on ridiculous. 
Brendan. I’ve got your back for now but you need to start being a little less predictable! 

• Like 1

Southampton were quality, fair play to them. Should have won by more. Let's not blame Barnes and Chilwell as per usual as the whole team were shite.

• Like 1

Also anyone find it weird that we can have a goal disallowed and their fans still chant 'fvck VAR'. 

Same goes to our fans that sang it after their penalty decision was overturned lol

Who is the conductor of this orchestra ? Bad selection ( by his own admitance), persistance with out of form players , lack of motivation . This orchestra is well out of tune and he needs to step up.

I don’t think any reasonable analysis of our performance can be made without the context that Southampton are a) in good form, b) massively up for it and c) were excellent.

Within that context, a few things are still worth drawing out:

1) Today highlighted not only the volume of work Ndidi gets through but also his importance in helping us get moves going. Choudhury is energetic and aggressive but has little else going for him at the highest level. That said he has to play at the moment as the team is so lacking in fight elsewhere.

2) Chilwell was beyond awful and that first half was pub-level stuff. His confidence is completely gone and I think it all dates back to Rodgers’ decision to isolate him against Mahrez and De Bruyne one week and then Salah and TAA the next. As others have said I’d imagine he could do with a couple of weeks out of the firing line.
3) Tielemans makes this team tick. Maddison does a lot of the flashy stuff but he didn’t get into the game until Tielemans started making the passes to get Maddison “between the lines”.

4) Barnes (now) and Perez (ever) are not good enough wide players for a side with aspirations of finishing in the top 6 with any regularity. Perez has looked much better playing centrally and I’d have been minded to bring him inside and put Gray on the wing at some point in the second half.

5) The whole performance was lethargic and careless, starting with Barnes’ inexplicable pass across the face of goal in about the 3rd minute. We didn’t pick up after that and our goal was an aberration in a totally one-sided first hour. 
6) We are not good enough, especially without Ndidi and Tielemans, to play out against a high press. I know Rodgers is an ideologue but the season is on the line over the next 3 or 4 weeks and he needs to come up with an alternative. Even Man City aren’t afraid to use their keeper’s big kick from time to time...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Also anyone find it weird that we can have a goal disallowed and their fans still chant 'fvck VAR'. 

Same goes to our fans that sang it after their penalty decision was overturned lol

nothing weird in this at all. VAR is dog shit. I chanted **** VAR when spuds has their goal disallowed for the same reasons as today

• Like 1

Absolutely deserved to lose today. Southampton absolutely played us off the park. With two many players off it today (Chilwell, Barnes, Perez, Maddison the main culprits), it was never going to be a win.

Always felt that if we got anything out of the match, it was going to be an absolute steal. We've not had too many performances like that under Rodgers which I think is why we're all disappointed.

On the ball, we were absolutely horrendous. Every single player was guilty of giving the ball away and making the wrong decisions so no qualms about the result.

Having said that, boos? For a team sitting second in the league. Grow up.

• Like 1

Tired and leggy, poor discison making.

Look confused, consistently change formation seems to have created uncertainty.

Wide players, once again poor, desperately in need of quality wide player.

Hamza headless chicken.....

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, Slab Edd said:

Waiting for the "How can you be mad when we're 2nd" posts,any second

Sorry,  been making some tea. Just clearing my throat, ahem, ahem.

"come on, we are 2nd ffs" :mad:

lol