Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Koke

Burnley (A) pre match

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Need Mendy to play today, never thought I’d say this but we can’t have Hamza haring around like a lunatic leaving gaps all over the place. 

Mendy has been very unlucky here. He's a very tidy footballer who is comfortable on the Ball. He would bring a steadying influence to the holding role leaving Hamza to get after the Ball.

I feel that's his best role in the team. He doesn't have the experience yet to know how to control the game or the pace of NDiddi. Good player that he is.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Mendy has been very unlucky here. He's a very tidy footballer who is comfortable on the Ball. He would bring a steadying influence to the holding role leaving Hamza to get after the Ball.

I feel that's his best role in the team. He doesn't have the experience yet to know how to control the game or the pace of NDiddi. Good player that he is.

I agree, he rarely has done anything wrong. He’s never going to be a world beater, however he’s like you say a tidy player and pretty good at just keeping things ticking over. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

This is going to come down to our performance today. Burnley are a tough physical side who don't mind putting it about.

We will need to be better than we have been and move the ball quicker. We will need to be better than in recent games. But players need to stay focused on today todays game and forget about the Villa game. If we do that I feel we can get a win. I'm going for 1.-0 or 2-1


We have two premier league games before Villa in the Cup. We need to get 6 points, hopefully the players wake up to the challenge. Other teams are faltering we can really cement ourselves with a Top 3 finish.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Genuinely interested to know what stats your basing that on? Last season he made more tackles than any offensive player in the league and this season he’s made the 6 most tackles of anyone in our squad despite player fewer minutes than those around him on the list? Not saying you’re wrong I’m just genuinely interested. Empirically, what makes you confident he jumps out if 50/50s? X 

Once against Liverpool and once last week .....it infuriates me when a player ducks out of a 50/50 as not only does it send a bad message in the context of the game, it also means they risk a worse injury than if they commit to it (see Ritchie V hamza)

 

 

9 hours ago, Guybino said:

Nice to see you being supportive of ALL the players..

fair point but I’m not dissing him as a player, just one facet of his play over the past month ....... 

 

it possible that this is him trying to nick the ball away before the challenge comes in but it didn’t look like this at the time ..... it looked like he used it as a way of bottling the challenge 

 

anyway, it was a throw away comment wrt to Burnley’s physical approach ..... I hope we match them in this area .....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After our last few games of being pretty poor, expect the players to come out firing after a weeks rest. We need to find the intensity in our press and speed in our passing and movement. 

We have the quality to beat a Burnley team who sit 2 points above 18th.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

After our last few games of being pretty poor, expect the players to come out firing after a weeks rest. We need to find the intensity in our press and speed in our passing and movement. 

We have the quality to beat a Burnley team who sit 2 points above 18th.

Hmmmmmmm we thought that about Southampton. I agree we should beat Burnley but our recent form casts doubts in our minds, doubts we would never have entertained only a moth or so ago. I still hope we can get back on track especially with yesterdays results though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Once against Liverpool and once last week .....it infuriates me when a player ducks out of a 50/50 as not only does it send a bad message in the context of the game, it also means they risk a worse injury than if they commit to it (see Ritchie V hamza)

 

 

fair point but I’m not dissing him as a player, just one facet of his play over the past month ....... 

 

it possible that this is him trying to nick the ball away before the challenge comes in but it didn’t look like this at the time ..... it looked like he used it as a way of bottling the challenge 

 

anyway, it was a throw away comment wrt to Burnley’s physical approach ..... I hope we match them in this area .....

I've mentioned this before. Would pick him to start, and like him generally as a player, but if there's a 50/50 and he senses the oppo player is committed to the challenge, Perez really doesn't want to know.

 

Not talking about general tackles, just the 'front-on clash' type ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If us and Liverpool win, we will be 9 points off fourth and 14 points off 5th. Despite our current poor form.

 

We would need 5 consecutive losses with one of Man Utd or Wolves winning 5 consecutively to drop out of Top 4.

 

 

Edited by Nicolo Barella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If us and Liverpool win, we will be 9 points off fourth and 14 points off 5th. Despite our current poor form.

 

We would need 5 consecutive losses with one of Man Utd or Wolves winning 5 consecutively to drop out of Top 4.

 

 

Leicester- Hold my beer

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Realjimbo said:

I reckon we've deffo talked about this game enough fo a 2-0 win!

Whoa!! Who's this guy??? You don't get to put real in front of your name and claim mine :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TRAD-DAD said:

Hmmmmmmm we thought that about Southampton. I agree we should beat Burnley but our recent form casts doubts in our minds, doubts we would never have entertained only a moth or so ago. I still hope we can get back on track especially with yesterdays results though.

southampton are the form team in the league, and we were at home. 

 

burnley are probably the worst team in the league at the moment. it’s a very different game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If us and Liverpool win, we will be 9 points off fourth and 14 points off 5th. Despite our current poor form.

 

We would need 5 consecutive losses with one of Man Utd or Wolves winning 5 consecutively to drop out of Top 4.

 

 

Well, kind of. Technically the losses don't have to be consecutive, just have to be matched by 5 wins by those teams in the remaining games. Based on the Southampton game I think we're entirely capable of losing another 5 games this season. Whether the main chasers can win each time we lose... Well, that's another matter. Form to date shows it's unlikely, but LCFC specialise in unlikely!

 

I'm certainly not convinced that champions league is sealed yet. Would love to see a revitalised performance today. Particularly from Tielemans and Chilwell. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it’s unnecessarily cold innit. bring on that fu cking winter break. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually hoping Burnley do have a go and try and get at us. That makes it easier to get behind them. A team that sits deep and defends, looks to hit on the break and are willing to concede the lion's share of possesion, may not be the sort of side we need to face at the moment. I reckon we need a win we've had to battle for rather than we've had to be patient for.

 

Though any kind of win will do me in honesty. 89th minute winner off Soyuncu's arse will work just fine and sod the possession stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Post Pope’s comments about us on the dressing room wall. Good motivation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Whoa!! Who's this guy??? You don't get to put real in front of your name and claim mine :D

Heyyyy Jimbo! 👍... Seems I do 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Well, kind of. Technically the losses don't have to be consecutive, just have to be matched by 5 wins by those teams in the remaining games. Based on the Southampton game I think we're entirely capable of losing another 5 games this season. Whether the main chasers can win each time we lose... Well, that's another matter. Form to date shows it's unlikely, but LCFC specialise in unlikely!

 

I'm certainly not convinced that champions league is sealed yet. Would love to see a revitalised performance today. Particularly from Tielemans and Chilwell. 

Couldn't agree more. Though only one game it was symptomatic of our general decline since Everton at home really. Plus out form against the so-called big 6 is pretty poor.

Chelsea H

Man City H

Wolves A

Arsenal A

Spurs A

Man Utd H

I would say 0-4 points from these is a realistic return. Makes the rest of the season pretty much must win matches if we are to make top 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Post Pope’s comments about us on the dressing room wall. Good motivation. 

What comments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...