Sign in to follow this  
Koke

Burnley (A) pre match

20 hours ago, Xen said:

They may only be playing 1-2 competitive matches a week, but that week also includes:

• Physical Training 3-4 times per week
  • Mental/tactical coaching, including research on opposition teams/players
  • Travelling to/from games, including hotel stays for long away journeys. Some players will also have to travel long(er) distance for training, as well.
  • Media/Community outreach duties
  • For national-team players they will have additional commitments related to that which take up a lot of time/energy

Plus outside of work they'll have plenty of other commitments:

• Language courses or other university degrees (like Soyuncu and Ndidi are doing, respectively)
  • Keeping on top of nutrition (which requires a lot more effort than it does for you and I)
  • Many players have young families which take up a lot of their time and energy
  • They may also be 'walking the dog' or 'surprising the missus' - that's not something that disappears for them.
  • Their own social lives, which they're entitled to.

Of course, there's also huge amounts of mental fatigue and stresses that these players go through which are a world apart from those of us on this forum, so that will impact them in different ways as well.

And on a slightly separate note to all of that: as laymen we have very different definitions of what constitutes for 'tired'. This is an industry which is all about maximising every last bit of performance and really working the percentages, so whilst I might only consider myself to be tired when my energy dips below a hypothetical 70%, for instance, the sports science guys at LCFC may well have data that shows that anything less than 95% is "tired" and will cause significant drops in performance.

All it takes is one relatively minor (or indeed major) trigger point in their personal lives and the very finely balanced system which governs them during their career can fall out of sync and leave them under-rested for high-level performance sport.

Excellent post.

Footballers could play every night of the week but at what sort of level is the real question. 

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

Lawro has predicted us to lose 2-1.

I really hope we give these a thrashing now

Another bloody "expert" if I could only get paid as much for the crap I talk I'd be as rich as croesus!

They can't even get the their little "Lawro league" right either according to that we are in 7th position and that's one place lower than we are in reality... Apparently!

As the recently deceased Derek Fowlds (Bernard Wooley) said in Yes minister "round objects".

Haha.. Just noticed the "Lawro league" has Watford in 8th place, and in reality it says they are nine places higher... That's 0th position then!

On 16/01/2020 at 15:40, Xen said:

They may only be playing 1-2 competitive matches a week, but that week also includes:

• Travelling to/from games, including hotel stays for long away journeys. Some players will also have to travel long(er) distance for training, as well.
  • For national-team players they will have additional commitments related to that which take up a lot of time/energy

• Language courses or other university degrees (like Soyuncu and Ndidi are doing, respectively)
  • Keeping on top of nutrition (which requires a lot more effort than it does for you and I)
  • They may also be 'walking the dog' or 'surprising the missus' - that's not something that disappears for them.

Of course, there's also huge amounts of mental fatigue and stresses that these players go through which are a world apart from those of us on this forum, so that will impact them in different ways as well.

And on a slightly separate note to all of that: as laymen we have very different definitions of what constitutes for 'tired'. This is an industry which is all about maximising every last bit of performance and really working the percentages, so whilst I might only consider myself to be tired when my energy dips below a hypothetical 70%, for instance, the sports science guys at LCFC may well have data that shows that anything less than 95% is "tired" and will cause significant drops in performance.

All it takes is one relatively minor (or indeed major) trigger point in their personal lives and the very finely balanced system which governs them during their career can fall out of sync and leave them under-rested for high-level performance sport.

Superb post. 

Mental welfare is the most overlooked aspect of a footballers performance when it comes to fans. No amount of money can toughen your brain to life's difficult times.

1 game with 30,000 people booing and jeering me would break me for sure. Fair play to any person that has to endure that, regardless of what they earn. 

• Like 3

On 16/01/2020 at 15:40, Xen said:

Which makes it no wonder that tennis players are forever being told they are tired.

Oh, hang on ...

These will come for a point, they are fighting for survival whereas we are comfortable top 4 with an eye on the cup semi.

1-1

9 minutes ago, Royston. said:

These will come for a point, they are fighting for survival whereas we are comfortable top 4 with an eye on the cup semi.

1-1

Must concentrate entirely on this match , ignore the cup, clean sheet is essential and Vardy should score.

Think the 'Ever obliging' thread will be busy during/after Burnley. Haven't won this year, haven't scored a goal in the first half.....

Also Chris Wood will score a header even though he's nursing s broken nose.

These lot will take some breaking down. We as fans need to get used to that. There will be plenty of games where we have lots of possession and very little to show for it. 

0-1 city. Would love a Youri screamer  :punk:

Let's rock.

Edited by TheLittleBigMan

Never an easy place to go but they will have to come out and play and we have been really good at playing on the counter this season. If Dyche has the bottle to sit back and frustrate us then I think they will cause us issues, but with them being at home and needing points, the fans will be on their back if they play that way. 

I'm nervous about this given our recent performances. I'm buoyed by Lawro predicting a Burnley win though. 

• Like 1

Hope the lads are plenty motivated to unleash hell on these guys! Let’s smash 3 goals in the 1st half and put this game the to bed quick.

final score prediction: 4-0 to the foxes. 👊🏾

On 17/01/2020 at 04:49, gurru991 said:

Try surprising the Missus with 30,000 thousand people watching & critiquing your every move not  too mention action replays of your shots on goal !

And remember VAR will ensure a straight red if there’s any sign of a late tackle from behind.

Reckon they're going to rough us up in this one and with no Ndidi the battering will be less protected. 

The team I'd select today is;

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Praet Choudhury

Perez Maddison Tielemans

Vardy

Tactically, I'd get the players to pass to each other and move around a lot. They need to tackle the opposition and Schmeichel needs to make saves. They need to get the ball into Burnley's goal as much as possible and stop them from putting it into ours, that should do it. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

They need to get the ball into Burnley's goal as much as possible and stop them from putting it into ours, that should do it. 

Sounds like a good idea.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Reckon they're going to rough us up in this one and with no Ndidi the battering will be less protected. 

The team I'd select today is;

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Praet Choudhury

Perez Maddison Tielemans

Vardy

Tactically, I'd get the players to pass to each other and move around a lot. They need to tackle the opposition and Schmeichel needs to make saves. They need to get the ball into Burnley's goal as much as possible and stop them from putting it into ours, that should do it. 

So we can put the ball into our net, but Burnley cannot? Got it. Will let them all know :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So we can put the ball into our net, but Burnley cannot? Got it. Will let them all know :thumbup:

Not such a good interpretation, but it's a work in progress so don't overwhelm them, step by step.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1