Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
davieG

Luke Shaw ????

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Ecdysiast said:

Lewis Collins...sadly no longer with us

Yes that's the guy and just googled it, didn't know he had died :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 49er said:

Shaw - no thanks. Cresswell or Digne will do

Cresswell is not a good player at all. Especially not for a team with Champions league aspirations. He is barely lower league prem level.

 

Digne is a class act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only seen Shaw play one decent game for Man Utd, and that was against us last season. But if the price is right I'd buy him for his potential. The public critiscm he got from Jose, as a young player, it must've been very difficult for him to cope with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With my optimistic hat on, Shaw could be the next Ings, i.e. a player whose move to a big club hasn't worked out, who's been beset by problems with fitness and form, but who remains a talented player who needs a fresh start to thrive.

 

With my pessimistic hat on, he's had several chances from several managers and he's currently being kept out of the side by a youth player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Good player Shaw. We have only seen it in fleeting glances between poor managerial appointments. Give him a settled squad, a good manager and a game to suit his undoubted talents and I reckon we could have a player on our hands once he’s run off a few kgs. Experienced, still young and could be a clever signing.

Often injured and is the highest paid full back in the world, it's a recipe for disaster. Completely goes against our recruitment and scouting policies that have been successful in recent years, pure Congerton this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe do a Monaco and sign him on loan for 18 months, get Man Utd to pay half his wages, so as to provide competition or as potential replacement for Chilwell, especially if Fuchs may want to go the States after end of this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Maybe do a Monaco and sign him on loan for 18 months, get Man Utd to pay half his wages, so as to provide competition or as potential replacement for Chilwell, especially if Fuchs may want to go the States after end of this season.

He’d still be within our top 4/5 earners even with Manchester United paying half his wages ... :sleep:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Often injured and is the highest paid full back in the world, it's a recipe for disaster. Completely goes against our recruitment and scouting policies that have been successful in recent years, pure Congerton this.

I would question if his injury record is a result of club instability from such a young age which will result in several factors:
 

1) Different managers, styles / training regimes (remember how injured Liverpool players hit when Klopp turned up? Hamstrings popping all over the place) Will have hindered developing a style and role that he can grow into and thrive.

 

2) He’s never looked ‘fit’ like Chilwell. We have a fairly good record with fitness and it was no surprise that as soon as Chilly started to gradually up his intensity he got fitter and better in a safe environment.

 

3) I would also question Shaw’s nutrition.... I can’t imagine it’s especially well tailored for recovery or a strict regime, playing a certain way. 
 

Playing with us would change all of these things which I believe would have a big impact on the lad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I would question if his injury record is a result of club instability from such a young age which will result in several factors:
 

1) Different managers, styles / training regimes (remember how injured Liverpool players hit when Klopp turned up? Hamstrings popping all over the place) Will have hindered developing a style and role that he can grow into and thrive.

 

2) He’s never looked ‘fit’ like Chilwell. We have a fairly good record with fitness and it was no surprise that as soon as Chilly started to gradually up his intensity he got fitter and better in a safe environment.

 

3) I would also question Shaw’s nutrition.... I can’t imagine it’s especially well tailored for recovery or a strict regime, playing a certain way. 
 

Playing with us would change all of these things which I believe would have a big impact on the lad.

All a huge gamble for someone who even if he took a 50% pay cut would still be on £90k a week here. FCUK THAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good shout, I wouldn't want him if he didn't lower his demands to those suited to a fringe Utd player with national squad aspirations who has had limited success in recent years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Often injured and is the highest paid full back in the world, it's a recipe for disaster. Completely goes against our recruitment and scouting policies that have been successful in recent years, pure Congerton this.

Agree - but is this true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Agree - but is this true?

That's what's been reported. Would seem outrageous given some of the real talent out there but then this is Man Utd we are talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Cresswell is not a good player at all. Especially not for a team with Champions league aspirations. He is barely lower league prem level.

 

Digne is a class act.

That’s not what Evertonians think. Apparently, his form has considerably dropped off from his first season and mist can hardly wait to see the back of him.

Edited by NaijaFox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

With my optimistic hat on, Shaw could be the next Ings, i.e. a player whose move to a big club hasn't worked out, who's been beset by problems with fitness and form, but who remains a talented player who needs a fresh start to thrive.

 

With my pessimistic hat on, he's had several chances from several managers and he's currently being kept out of the side by a youth player.

His reported wages just isn’t worth the gamble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

His reported wages just isn’t worth the gamble.

Yeah that's a huge stumbling block to be far. There must be way better players on half the money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/01/2020 at 23:07, Meat and 2 veg said:

He’d still be within our top 4/5 earners even with Manchester United paying half his wages ... :sleep:


As an English CL side, looking to qualify again... those kind of wages will become far more common. You can’t attract or keep quality without paying the right wages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Agree - but is this true?

No

 

Luke Shaw is on £70k per week, with performance related items taking up higher (up to £150k apparently). He signed a new, 5 year deal in 2018. One can assume that it was related to injury issues. 
 

Other world full backs like Marcelo, Kimmech, Walker, Calvajal, Robertson, Alaba or Alba, will all be paid more, as a basic wage. Even Ricardo is on £70k per week! 
 

Additional, I’d rather us sign Alex Telles, as a Chilwell replacement. As good as Ricardo for me! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...