Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
koop.

All time 11 graphic

Recommended Posts

I'm getting an all time 11 graphic done for the office to alongside my other city framed stuff.

 

My neighbour got a Chelsea one done, they're really cool (attached) 

 

But it's really hard to decide.

 

Who's your all time starting 11 and manager?

IMG-20200118-WA0004.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends how you choose? All-time with the proviso that you didn’t see all the LCFC greats play. Or just the I saw live Greatest team?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, somebum said:

Too many players fighting for same spot to call it

That's my issue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Phube said:

Depends how you choose? All-time with the proviso that you didn’t see all the LCFC greats play. Or just the I saw live Greatest team?

Bloody hell, dont give me MORE options 

:dunno::doh:

 

I think greatest of all time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

15-16.jpg?strip=all&w=591&quality=100

Manager: Pearson

I have a champions graphic already with stats etc and although that team is without doubt the greatest team (so far, based on achievement), there are definitely better individuals throughout our history 

Edited by koop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best thing to do is your own 11 who you’ve seen play, looks like what the Chelsea fan has done.

How long have you been watching City? That might narrow it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Best thing to do is your own 11 who you’ve seen play, looks like what the Chelsea fan has done.

How long have you been watching City? That might narrow it down.

Since i was about 5, so 30 years

 

So far i've got this...

 

Schmeical / Banks

 

Walsh

Morgan

Elliott

Sjoberg

 

Weller

Izzet

 

Lineker

Vardy

 

Manager: Pearson

Edited by koop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, koop. said:

Since i was about 5, so 30 years

 

So far i've got this...

 

Schmeical / Banks

 

Walsh

Morgan

Elliott

Sjoberg

 

Weller

Izzet

 

Lineker

Vardy

 

Manager: Pearson

Cross, King, Lennon, Gibson, Wright (Tommy old) Guppy, McAllister, Healey a few suggestions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strokes said:

F68F81E2-7B0D-49D3-9EA5-F4CAA5BDFEB8.jpeg

I hope you mean Gary and not Matt lol

 

Madders is a big shout as greatest ever?

Not sure on Fuchs either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has to be Shilton in goal - no question (and I speak as someone who remembers Banks).

Keith Weller also has to be there. Classiest midfielder we've ever seen in royal blue.

Vardy of course (though I'd like to see Frankie Wortho in there somewhere).

Guppy over Glover? Not sure...

John Sjoberg, obviously. 

Just a reminder that we had some pretty good players in the twentieth century too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could do the alternate greats as a talking point. Players who have had moments of greatness in a city shirt you wouldn't typically v select. 

 

Kalac in goal. Nalis in midfield. Feyatt upfront. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stoopid said:

Has to be Shilton in goal - no question (and I speak as someone who remembers Banks).

Keith Weller also has to be there. Classiest midfielder we've ever seen in royal blue.

Vardy of course (though I'd like to see Frankie Wortho in there somewhere).

Guppy over Glover? Not sure...

John Sjoberg, obviously. 

Just a reminder that we had some pretty good players in the twentieth century too.

I'd have to include Davie Gibson

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, koop. said:

Since i was about 5, so 30 years

 

So far i've got this...

 

Schmeical / Banks

 

Walsh

Morgan

Elliott

Sjoberg

 

Weller

Izzet

 

Lineker

Vardy

 

Manager: Pearson

You didn’t see Banks or Sjoberg or Weller then...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, koop. said:

I hope you mean Gary and not Matt lol

 

Madders is a big shout as greatest ever?

Not sure on Fuchs either

Yes Gary Mills lol

 

 

Greatest in that position in my time watching. 
Who would even compete with Fuchs since 89?

Platneur, Whitlow, Thatcher, Davidson, Mattock, Berner, koncheski or Chilwell. I’m sure I’m missing a few and you could argue guppy played wingback. I can’t see who comes close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I'd have to include Davie Gibson

Yeah - thought about Gibbo and, actually you're right. Pure class. Got to be in there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

You didn’t see Banks or Sjoberg or Weller then...?

Not live no, but this is a greatest ever 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think would always go for my favourite players, rather than the 'greatest', to make up a Leicester XI as they are the ones who I've perhaps identified with more or have stand out memories of.

 

For example, Kante is one the best players I've seen in a City shirt yet Wilf or Lennon would get the nod in my XI over him due to their longevity with us. Having said that, I would pick Claridge over Heskey based on a couple of memorable goals despite the former only being with us for a couple of seasons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...