Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claudiofox

Something is wrong ? The question is how to fix it

Something is wrong???

No just Really competing for Top 4 seriously, with a  more credible Plan and future potential..First Time in our PL History!!

Let the Storm, & hot air ,Blow out & go by....See how we settle down ,and approach the next phase...No drama just an expected but uneasy period to ride out...!!

• Like 2

Right now the headspace that these particular players are in they need motivation before the game - during the game - after the game. 

Forget the 1st game in London we need to Expect a very tough game against the hammers at home. Let’s battle this one out if we have to but find a way to win.

7 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Right now the headspace that these particular players are in they need motivation before the game - during the game - after the game. 

Forget the 1st game in London we need to Expect a very tough game against the hammers at home. Let’s battle this one out if we have to but find a way to win.

If they need motivation before, during and after ANY game I would be very concerned let alone when we're 3rd in the table. I haven't a clue where their head space is at but I doubt very much it's demotivated.

10 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

That's the past, its the future I'm concerned about!

OK sorry was just a little concerned. 

Yes I think we now have a massive fight on our hands to keep top and I just hope they are up to it, but I have my doubts. 

22 hours ago, Keiriel said:

You're spot on about Klopp and it got me thinking about the issue a little more. I did a bit of digging and as it turns out, Liverpool were once in a similar position to us now. Three years ago in January, their form collapsed as they went on to win 1 in 9. At the time, Klopp insisted that it wasn't a physical issue, but rather a mixture of the hectic winter schedule, mental fatigue, and poor decision making. Whatever the reasons for our current slump, we can only hope that Brendan can reinvigorate the team and get us fighting for a place in next season's Champions League.

I remember that very well and a lot in the fanbase were panicking thinking that Klopp's style of play was unsustainable, and that we would never win anything because the players could never be expected to play that style for a full season. Having watched all of our games since then I can say two of the biggest improvements in the team has been mentality and better decision making. Yes we've added two stand out players in VVD and Allison that fixed two of our biggest problems but mentality and decision making are are qualities that set those two apart from many of their peers. All of our other players have demonstrated an improvement in both areas and that is really what took us to the next level. 

Rodgers was all about the same ideas, he just wasn't at Klopp's level at the point he was let go. The owners were always very positive about Rodgers but Klopp was their first choice even before Rodgers and they knew they couldn't pass up the opportunity a 2nd time.  The recruitment wasn't working either and Rodgers sabotaged himself a bit with some bad choices. Don't forget he's had lots of good experience at Celtic since then as well as his time with Foxes to get better himself and improve on his own weaknesses and confidence. I've no doubt Foxes will finish top 4 and still feel 3rd or even 2nd is possible. The summer pre-season and recruitment will be huge though but you've good ownership paired with one of the best managers in the league. 

Edited by ranxerox
spelling

19 hours ago, urban fox said:

yeah and thats part of the problem. The club is a business like any other and will set budgets, albeit with contingencies, and cannot simply dish out pay rises willy nilly. the sooner these over entitled footballers and their agents learn this the better it will  be for everyone

What do the players/agents need to 'learn'?

If you want to go down the business route, if Business A is considered more reputable, with more room for growth and offering a better financial package.....Why remain at Business B? 

The agent, is a 'Business' like any other. Recognising that as with any business, taking money from customers is how you make your money. In this case, an Agent's Customer is his Footballer. The more money the Footballer earns, the more money the Agent earns, etc etc etc.

It works both ways.

It's never Black and White, you're both the Good and Bad guys at the same time.

When we were offering Maddison more money and the chance to move to a bigger club whilst he was at Norwich, how were we any better than any Agent?

12 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

With some of the hysterical over the top reactions about a dip in form in what has generally been an excellent season  I’m beginning to yearn for the days when we just crap all of the time 

I know what you mean.

22 minutes ago, CityIsBlue said:

What do the players/agents need to 'learn'?

If you want to go down the business route, if Business A is considered more reputable, with more room for growth and offering a better financial package.....Why remain at Business B? 

The agent, is a 'Business' like any other. Recognising that as with any business, taking money from customers is how you make your money. In this case, an Agent's Customer is his Footballer. The more money the Footballer earns, the more money the Agent earns, etc etc etc.

It works both ways.

It's never Black and White, you're both the Good and Bad guys at the same time.

When we were offering Maddison more money and the chance to move to a bigger club whilst he was at Norwich, how were we any better than any Agent?

Err perhaps because you have signed a contract? I know these days that seems to mean **** all and the essence of a transfer fee is that one club is effectively buying the player out of their contract.

TBH I do not really blame players for wanting to further their career, you could argue that the agents are only doing their job (debatable unless the player has actively asked them to get them a move) and of course clubs will also benefit/cash in if that players value rises I think what annoys me the most is the way the media simply ignore such things as contracts and loyalty etc when touting this player or that for other clubs. Yes it their job to speculate etc but as most of the pundits are ex players it goes to show how little respect they obviously had for their own contracts and hence their employers when they were players themselves when they come out with drivel like player x is too good for club Y and should move (D Murphy being the primary culprit)

On 20/01/2020 at 16:01, Simoken said:

Here we go, typical fan comment trying to find an imaginary problem behind the scenes.

What are you on about.

There is stuff going on behind the scenes; if that’s not on your radar then you have not been watching football long enough for the penny to drop.

Two players have been find by their counterparts, and I guarantee there are shenanigans going on with regard to transfer moves; 

The togetherness of that squad vanished about a month / six weeks ago. It’s plain as day.

9 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

What are you on about.

There is stuff going on behind the scenes; if that’s not on your radar then you have not been watching football long enough for the penny to drop.

Two players have been find by their counterparts, and I guarantee there are shenanigans going on with regard to transfer moves; 

The togetherness of that squad vanished about a month / six weeks ago. It’s plain as day.

Who has been fined?  And wihat for?  Sorry to ask but this us a long thread now!

One more game like this and we’ll hear the “Brendan Out” crowd.  We need to relax, and just let this hiccup play itself out.  I think everyone here has made good points; midfielder needed, lack of energy...etc.  I’d say Brendan is aware of this.  We jut need a little patience.

8 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Who has been fined?  And wihat for?  Sorry to ask but this us a long thread now!

We, the fans, have all been fined for our shoddy attitude and support. It seemed harsh at first, but Brendan has said it is for the greater good. 

Guess we will see if it works tomorrow :dunno:

:scarf:

I looked at the stats from the last 15 premier league games (leaving out the cup games) to get an idea of if our performances have been getting worse, or if we have just been getting "unlucky."  All in all, I can say that our performance has dropped off regardless of our luck.  The only games where the outcome deviated from the expected outcome based on xG was the two games against Burnley. Away, we deserved to win, but lost. At home, we deserved to lose, but won. 

So what has changed since our winning streak? In the last 7 games, our expected goals has decreased by 1.08. However, our actual goals scored decreased by 1.84. Now, there is some statistical anomalies in the mix. For example, the historic 9-0 win over Southampton, and our games vs significantly better opposition in Man City and Liverpool. However, even with those games removed, our expected goals decreased by 0.48 and our actual goals decreased by 0.69. 

What is strange is that, during our recent struggles, the number of shots we've taken and the percentage of shots that end up on-target have actually increased. We are creating chances, and putting shots on target, but we are lacking a lethal edge. Though Jamie Vardy has been in the team sheet five of the last seven games, nobody would argue that he has been in the same form since his calf injury/absence. He scored in each of the eight games that we won, and he has only scored once in his last five premier league starts. 

image.png.729f15cb678de0a26220d763d9806672.png  image.png.2640af8245326e402f70113894b18ffb.png

This is where it gets weird. In the last seven games, we have actually conceded fewer goals, both expected/actual during our recent struggles.  We have limited our opponent to about 3-4 fewer shots per game (a greater than 20% decrease). However, of the shots we have conceded, the % of shots that end up on target have nearly doubled.

image.png.e3e340c3d05a4f671d80c91039879ecb.png

Maybe this will change some of our perspectives on what is "wrong" with Leicester. I know so much focus has been on the defensive side - Ndidi's injury, Chilwell's performance, etc. But the statistics say that we have been conceding a similar number of goals, but it is our goal scoring that has significantly slowed down. 

image.png

Edited by Detroit Blues
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

I looked at the stats from the last 15 premier league games (leaving out the cup games) to get an idea of if our performances have been getting worse, or if we have just been getting "unlucky."  All in all, I can say that our performance has dropped off regardless of our luck.  The only games where the outcome deviated from the expected outcome based on xG was the two games against Burnley. Away, we deserved to win, but lost. At home, we deserved to lose, but won. 

So what has changed since our winning streak? In the last 7 games, our expected goals has decreased by 1.08. However, our actual goals scored decreased by 1.84. Now, there is some statistical anomalies in the mix. For example, the historic 9-0 win over Southampton, and our games vs significantly better opposition in Man City and Liverpool. However, even with those games removed, our expected goals decreased by 0.48 and our actual goals decreased by 0.69. 

What is strange is that, during our recent struggles, the number of shots we've taken and the percentage of shots that end up on-target have actually increased. We are creating chances, and putting shots on target, but we are lacking a lethal edge. Though Jamie Vardy has been in the team sheet five of the last seven games, nobody would argue that he has been in the same form since his calf injury/absence. He scored in each of the eight games that we won, and he has only scored once in his last five premier league starts. 

image.png.729f15cb678de0a26220d763d9806672.png  image.png.2640af8245326e402f70113894b18ffb.png

This is where it gets weird. In the last seven games, we have actually conceded fewer goals, both expected/actual during our recent struggles.  We have limited our opponent to about 3-4 fewer shots per game (a greater than 20% decrease). However, of the shots we have conceded, the % of shots that end up on target have nearly doubled.

Maybe this will change some of our perspectives on what is "wrong" with Leicester. I know so much focus has been on the defensive side - Ndidi's injury, Chilwell's performance, etc. But the statistics say that we have been conceding a similar number of goals, but it is our goal scoring that has significantly slowed down. 

image.png

Interesting post, thanks.

That drop off in xG is huge but (as ever) unsurprising.

The shots on target going up but the xG going down so much is a sure sign of a team running out of ideas. You only had to look at Maddison repeatedly shooting on Sunday. If there’s one thing you don’t do against Burnley it’s shoot from range, they stick so many men behind the ball it’s never going to find a way through.

It was a similar story against Wigan and Villa too, two games I guess don’t feature in your analysis but to the naked eye appear to follow a similar trend.

Guest An Sionnach

On performances in the last month Iheanacho has looked more dangerous than Vardy but they do not play well together. Probably should start matches with Vardy and Barnes and if its not working by 60 mins. bring on Iheanacho and Perez in a double substitution. They are very different strikers and tactics then need to change to suit that . That is why Maddison and Tielemans need to be flexible in their thinking.

5 hours ago, ranxerox said:

I remember that very well and a lot in the fanbase were panicking thinking that Klopp's style of play was unsustainable, and that we would never win anything because the players could never be expected to play that style for a full season. Having watched all of our games since then I can say two of the biggest improvements in the team has been mentality and better decision making. Yes we've added two stand out players in VVD and Allison that fixed two of our biggest problems but mentality and decision making are are qualities that set those two apart from many of their peers. All of our other players have demonstrated an improvement in both areas and that is really what took us to the next level. 

Rodgers was all about the same ideas, he just wasn't at Klopp's level at the point he was let go. The owners were always very positive about Rodgers but Klopp was their first choice even before Rodgers and they knew they couldn't pass up the opportunity a 2nd time.  The recruitment wasn't working either and Rodgers sabotaged himself a bit with some bad choices. Don't forget he's had lots of good experience at Celtic since then as well as his time with Foxes to get better himself and improve on his own weaknesses and confidence. I've no doubt Foxes will finish top 4 and still feel 3rd or even 2nd is possible. The summer pre-season and recruitment will be huge though but you've good ownership paired with one of the best managers in the league. 

Regarding the good experience he gained at Celtic you mention, what are your thoughts on his recruitment of players there, did he continue to make bad choices as you say he did at Liverpool or, did he learn from that experience and buy more wisely?

18 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

image.png

Thanks for the analysis, but of course every attacking move starts with some kind of defensive move, so e.g. if you do not win the ball back high up the pitch (or at all) you will naturally get less shots.

We play a possession game, that type of game normally involves keeping the opposition pinned back, that is achieved by pressing them when they get the ball, to win it back early, and also by keeping the ball well yourself.  At the moment we are not managing to do either, we get pressed and lose it, we fail to press back and as such we fail to win it back when we lose it and ultimately we get less attacks as a result of that.

It either needs a Pearson keep it simple approach where the attacks are quick and direct, or we need to sort out our ability to keep the ball when pressed and the lack of pressing from ourselves, this is plain to see in all of our recent games, I struggle to understand why someone as experienced as Brandan wouldn't see it, so I expect the problem is getting the message across to the players, and possibly confidence issues also.

Teams are not going to suddenly stop pressing us (at least good ones), so we need to adapt to the situation rather than just trying the same again and again.

Edited by Chrysalis