Sign in to follow this  
Claudiofox

Something is wrong ? The question is how to fix it

We need to freshen up the team with a couple of players. Think we have been found out and need something a bit different. A winger and cb. A few of our players are playing poorly and know they wont be dropped 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

And the reason for being poor in the last 3 months while he was fit and in the team?

He's a massive loss but don't pin it on him not being available, please.

I agree with what you’re saying but it’s not been 3 months. 

We were still playing well in mid-November, but since then we’ve had about 15 games and played well once.

We need Ndidi back badly, we need Tielemans, Vardy and Ricardo to find form and to pick a settled team.

I realise we've had a lot of games in the past six weeks but all this changing can't be helping.

• Like 1

Look completely knackered by that last half hour lately, not sure how you fix that without proper rest, not 8 days between games like we’ve had between Saints and today but a real break for the players that have played a lot...even if we played a b team against West Ham & Brentford it’s still not a big rest for the bulk of the players. So in short, **** knows what we do

No idea what the real issue is but I guess we have 350 points to consider....

...we missed a penalty sadly but...

the sun will appear again in the morning.

Chill out peeps.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, LCFC1996 said:

Look completely knackered by that last half hour lately, not sure how you fix that without proper rest, not 8 days between games like we’ve had between Saints and today but a real break for the players that have played a lot...even if we played a b team against West Ham & Brentford it’s still not a big rest for the bulk of the players. So in short, **** knows what we do

How much rest do our players need.bar Vardy our key players seem to have been rotated alot. 

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

The decision to play Mendy over Choudhury was another one to add to Brendan’s list of strange decisions

I don't agree, choudhury was awful against Southampton whilst mendy has been steady but not amazing, we just needed to stop the rot today but failed due to missed chances 

• Like 2

We had more than enough chances to win the game. We just aren't as clinical at the moment.  We've lost some ruthlessness and look more vulnerable defensively. Have the Liverpool/Man City results really knocked our confidence? Maybe other than the newcastle game, i don't think we've looked the same since then.

We need some more goals IMO, can we find a quality forward/wide player in the market? It's going be hard to find someone who will improve us for the right price in January. But we've got to try. This team looks like it needs help at the moment.

EDIT - Another thought. Wilfred Ndidi - It's impossible to overstate how much of a massive loss he is. 

Edited by Haywood_6

It does show we need to bring in a bit of quality when we leave Tielemans on the bench and rotate so much, for today would have thought JJ would have been ideal to fill the Chilwell role ?

Just think at times to our mojo has left us first half of the season such amazing ball skills and performances it’s as if the lads are now either lost their way or have lost faith in themselves being top 4 contenders either way Brendan needs to sort something out ASAP as we’re in real danger of dropping out of the top 4 with more dreadful performances like today !!

Ive got faith in our team I’m sure we’ll pick ourselves up and start winning again Wednesday !!💙🦊💙🦊

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I don't agree, choudhury was awful against Southampton whilst mendy has been steady but not amazing, we just needed to stop the rot today but failed due to missed chances 

Choudhury would’ve been our only midfield player who wouldnt have been bullied by Burnley, as soon as they scored their goal and we missed the pen they just knocked us about. Choudhury would’ve gone a long way to stopping that happening. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adam said:

How much rest do our players need.bar Vardy our key players seem to have been rotated alot. 

I don’t know tbh, it might not be just games but rest from training sessions etc, gotta be a reason we look so sluggish towards the end of games the last month or 2

We’re a bit too full of fancy dans who don’t get stuck in. Lovely to watch earlier in the season, but it’s horrendous now. Also, gotta look at Kasper today, can’t catch a ball inside his 6 yard box, hardly off the ground to punch it either, no command and so no pressure relief. 
watching us has become very dull, and I’m not at all confident for Tuesday. 

13 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

We need a left back

We really don’t. 

Chillwell will be back to his best in no time. Dropping Him today may have been the right decision, but we have a great attacking fullback in Justin who should have been the replacement. Not sure why Brendan won’t give him a go. Especially in a game like this. 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Choudhury would’ve been our only midfield player who wouldnt have been bullied by Burnley, as soon as they scored their goal and we missed the pen they just knocked us about. Choudhury would’ve gone a long way to stopping that happening. 

You could've said that against Southampton but he just ended up running around like a headless chicken. I am a big fan of hamza but if a player has a really poor game his competitor for that place should get a chance. Hamza had a great 2nd half against villa which is why he started against the saints 

This reminds me of the 2012/13 season.

We suddenly looked like a free-flowing exciting team that year and were sat in 2nd. Then the immaturity and inexperience of the squad started to show and the wheels completely came off in the second half of the season. It feels like a similar thing.

Brendan is not helping himself with his loyalty to certain players (Perez/Chilwell) and his bias against others even when they're giving him every reason to pick them (Iheanacho/Gray).

Also for whatever reason he doesn't seem to want to implement a plan B, even when it's clear plan A isn't working. I get that we're a team that likes to pass the ball, but you can't always play out from the back. You certainly can't do it against teams with better players, so why we didn't mix things up against Man City and Liverpool I'll never know, it was brainless. Also if a team presses you, it's going to be very difficult as well. We've seen evidence of both in the last month - teams are working out how to play against us and Brendan needs to realise that we have to find a different way of playing in those scenarios.

But whatever style of play you have it has to be at a quick tempo, and there is an obvious attitude problem at the moment because all I'm seeing is players jogging around and showing a lack of desire. In the challenge there's no commitment, there is not enough movement for the player in possession, and there is a lack of anticipation that rears its head when you are not mentally in the game. The ball keeps dropping into areas and nobody is showing the will to get into that space or to at least pressure the opposition player. I mean the goalkeeper actually dropped it in the box today and there wasn't one Leicester player in there trying to get it.

That is the bigger and more concerning aspect of our dip in performances.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

We really don’t. 

Chillwell will be back to his best in no time. Dropping Him today may have been the right decision, but we have a great attacking fullback in Justin who should have been the replacement. Not sure why Brendan won’t give him a go. Especially in a game like this. 

Is he not a right back?

Edited by Fightforever

2 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Is he not a right back?

He played more games at Luton as a LB. 

he came on against Watford on the left and was excellent. 

Its not his natural spot but I’m confident he would still be great for us. 

Edited by Lambert09

Just now, Lambert09 said:

He played more games at Luton as a LB. 

he came on against Watford on the left and was excellent. 

Its not his natural spot spot but I’m confident he would still be great for us. 

Fair enough

This is where Brendan earns his £10m a year.

I don't think there is a massive problem, plenty of sides go through these blips in the season when you come off the back of 24 points from 24.

Press the reset button, rip into them, and force a reaction Wednesday. I'd rather have this run of form now than in this next really important month.

Keep the faith etc.

The 4-2-3-1 formation hasn't worked for weeks, I've constantly moaned about it, Rodgers keeps sticking with it and we keep losing.

Barnes finally contributed something today but he isn't good enough to be starting week in week out.

Perez is not a winger, the fans can see that, why can't Rodgers?

When things get tough Maddison turns shit, we look towards him as our creator but he produces nothing.

Ricardo is the only one who brings quality to our wide areas.

Change formation, get Perez or Iheanacho alongside Vardy in a two and go from there.

• Like 4