Sign in to follow this  
Claudiofox

Something is wrong ? The question is how to fix it

I just think were not adapting to the teams were playing.Itsbeen the same formation since the start of the season and I think teams have worked us out.Going 4-4-2 with Nacho alongside Vardy is worth trying,with nachos confidence at the mo.Hell be itching to get some more game time.Just a thought,but something has to change if were going to finish in the top 4.COYB!:scarf:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cujek said:

I hate to say it, but I'm not sure Brendan is the man for us.

He seems to have ran out of ideas very very quickly.

Tactically I think he is very niave.

For example why play Mendy today? He was pointless, Burnley went over the top bypassing his position entirely and he offers nothing going forward.

We miss Ndidi for sure, but I think his man management seems to be poor, he seems to allow players heads to drop but don't know how to fix it.

If we don't finish top 4 he won't be here next season I feel

It's our first real dip in form in almost a full calendar year.

Come off it.

Certainly something has caused the current performances to fall well below standard. The forwards are inept at this time, and W.N. be absent has had a massive bearing on our current form. No need to panic though at this stage. Things will probably improve with our next win.

Come on Brendan, and sort them out.

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We are too light in the middle without Ndidi. Weve become too weak and easy to play through

Thats where id start personally.
I think we are being bullied at the moment

In other words signing this guy would be the perfect answer.

0_LeeCattermolePNG.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are getting a fair few things wrong at the moment and its hitting us hard.

Confidence through the team is very low.

Defence looks shaken and we look like conceding every game, keeping a clean sheet would help at the minute.

Rodgers constant changing of the side is now having an effect 3-4 at the back.

Chilwell LB,Wing Back or even LW

Praet finding his feet still in this league

Perez & Barnes 1 good game in 5.....no real consistence required at the top 6 of the Premiership.

Tielemans and Maddison both are now overthinkingpasses and taking that extra touch, they have gone from a duo smiling and enjoying their football interchanging and putting effort into 2 players that have gone completely off the boil at the same time.

Where they were bouncing and running for each and getting into the box in attacking positions, are now sitting back/hidingand are feeling the pressure of being the only creative sparks in the midfield.

And unfortunately Vardy, having 2 leaguegames out West Ham and Newcastle....has came back in lookingisolated at times, gone back to taking an extra touch or not shooting when he would have at the start of the season, and his confidence also looks low.

You could just tell with how his game was going the pen was going to be missed.

Brendan has a fair few issues to sort now and his demeanour in press interviews and looking on the sidelines has looked to have changed smiles gone and he is starting to feel the strain/pressure.

Have the team gone from 1 family to 3/4separate groups and its separated the dressing room, and its not sitting with the older Experienced players in the squad?

Were having a great season and there I see still plenty to play for, but he has got to do something to stop the slide we are currently in as we havent been the side we were seeing in the first 15 games for a while now, and there has to be a bigger reason than no Ndidi as too many players have lost form right at the same time.

Top 4 is crucial to us progressing as a club else the vultures will be out in the summer with failing to secure Champions League football.....this really is a great opportunity to push on, and will be a real shame if we collapse andlose it of our own doing.

I know form is temporary and class is permanent but now is the time to show it.

Edited by steflcfc
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Learn to beatthe press.
We get pressed, we wet our knickers.

There were at least a couple of occasions in the first half today where Burnley pressed us, we beat itand then Perez or Maddison pissed about with it for 2 or 3 seconds and the advantage we got from beating the press was gone as Burnley wereable to get back in shape.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Beechey said:

It's our first real dip in form in almost a full calendar year.

Come off it.

Nothing to do with form, there is more to it than that.

The energy has totally changed in the team they look like shadows of the players they were.

I hope you are right but I fear you are not.

A lot of fans werent happy even when we were winning, players have their confidence shot to pieces from moaning supporters who want certain players leaving out, they get left out and were losing, we were doing well with a settled 11, now were all over the place, teams need supporting.

• Like 2

Yes, there is something wrong.
We have a deliriously great first half of the season, then some fans start acting like this is the norm and gripe when it is not.

• Like 1

Every team has poor patches. Relax, we'll start grinding out wins again soon. Wonder how the meltdowns going on blue moon....

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

We created enough today and didnt take our chances.

I wouldnt look beyond this. Teams have bad spells (apart from Liverpool in the last 18 months) and why should we be anydifferent.

Theres really no need to panic. Burnley with their medieval football have turned over better teams than us at their place.

Edited by bmouth_fox
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, TheF1Bob said:

Players don't care.

Simples.

shit, full of, you're

rearrange as you see fit

Edited by koop.

We lack grit and solidity in the midfield without N'Didi. I think it's time we tried playing Mendy & Hamza with Tielemans playing as the attacking midfielder. He looked great playing as the creative fulcrum, but lately Brendan's been playing him deeper. On top of which Maddison hasn't been playing great. This will also allow our fullbacks to provide width up top knowing the space is covered at the back.

11 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

I wouldnt look beyond this. Teams have bad spells (apart from Liverpool in the last 18 months) and why should we be anydifferent.

Theres really no need to panic. Burnley with their medieval football have turned over better teams than us at their place.

Some sense at last. But I do think some of the lads have had their heads turned perhaps. Who knows. But lets not panic just yet. I mean trump coming into power was meant to be the end of the world. If that clown can carry on I am sure we can grind some results and needed some much needed confidence.

• Like 1

I don't know. Aggravates me most every match how slow and ponderous we are sometimes.

Watching forwards take the extra touch for the perfect shot only to get it blocked. Pass stop pass stop and very little if any controlled one touch passing to create space and beat presses. I'm not talking about deflecting the ball into space as we move down the field on the wings (Ricardo and Perez etc.). That stuff is sublime.

We just seem too slow.

I remember Rodgers at Liverpool took 2 summers and a season before it really started to go.

Know this club has a lot more in the tank and have to be patient as I don't know how to teach a team to speed up or how long that takes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

Were a bit too full of fancy dans who dont get stuck in. Lovely to watch earlier in the season, but its horrendous now. Also, gotta look at Kasper today, cant catch a ball inside his 6 yard box, hardly off the ground to punch it either, no command and sono pressure relief.
watching us has become very dull, and Im not at all confident for Tuesday.

Love seeing the term fancy dans reminds me of RonAtkinson and co. And football in the 90s. I'm not confident either and it becomes our most important game of the season until Saturday then until next Tuesday. Aaaargh I am in fear of the next 3.!

Edited by oxtonfox
Spell
  • Like 1

Could it be down to the club saying they will not sell key players in the summer if we make champs league probably not I think we have just been a little unlucky if anything

4 hours ago, blabyboy said:

Apologies, but this is hyperbolic bollox. BR has signed a 5yr contract recently.. consider how much Top would have to pay to end that early... on top of all the other outgoings he currently has including the new Training ground. Secondly, he's had the arse end of last season and this is going to be his first full season, so no, he won't be going anywhere if we finish below 4th.

... is it a coincidence that this poor form has occurred since he has signed his new deal!!

There are too many players not performing at the same time and we look like we did under Puel.

Are the team making a statement or is it fatigue?

I can't help but think that something has changed in the relationship between manager and players and perhaps the Chilwell and Hamza situation could be part of this apparent malaise.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... is it a coincidence that this poor form has occurred since he has signed his new deal!!

There are too many players not performing at the same time and we look like we did under Puel.

Are the team making a statement or is it fatigue?

I can't help but think that something has changed in the relationship between manager and players and perhaps the Chilwell and Hamza situation could be part of this apparent malaise.

No one knows unfortunately... well not yet.