Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SecretPro

Ben and Hamza - what's kicked off?

Recommended Posts

So basically two players missed a session for personal reasons and it didn't affect selection - not even a story.

 

If you want decent journalism these days you pay for it - there is still a lot of it out there.

 

Unfortunately things like Twitter have accelerated the rise of "free information" from self publicists and we don't have many better examples than this of Ian Stringer.

 

There arent bound by any rules and the more sensationalism, more rumours and more interest they can create the more famous they themselves become - even as a BBC employee he has barely any regulation on him so he can openly behave with no responsibility when reporting to thousands upon thousands of people.

 

It's a tragic situation and the consequences of it are potentially disastrous. A good manager might even walk away from the club one day because of him. You really would have thought he would have learnt something from the Pearson incident.

Edited by MattP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MattP said:

So basically two players missed a session for personal reasons and it didn't affect selection - not even a story.

 

If you want decent journalism these days you pay for it - there is still a lot of it out there.

 

Unfortunately things like Twitter have accelerated the rise of "free information" from self publicists and we don't have many better examples than this of Ian Stringer.

 

There arent bound by any rules and the more sensationalism, more rumours and more interest they can create the more famous they themselves become - even as a BBC employee he has barely any regulation on him so he can openly behave with no responsibility when reporting to thousands upon thousands of people.

 

It's a tragic situation and the consequences of it are potentially disastrous. A good manager might even walk away from the club one day because of him. You really would gave thought he would have learnt something from the Pearson incident.

 

I'd agree with most of that other than I don't credit Stringer really with the power to hound out a manager, even just by being annoying. 

 

He's inconsequential, just not enough people give a **** about RL, even in the city. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'd agree with most of that other than I don't credit Stringer really with the power to hound out a manager, even just by being annoying. 

 

He's inconsequential, just not enough people give a **** about RL, even in the city. 

It's a stretch I know - but it's not completely beyond the realms of possibility.

 

It could always be one of those last straw things - when a whole squad has refused to talk to you because of your behaviour it's clear he has the influence to cause upset.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Someone's been on at him to correct that, atypical for a reporter to skim off or miss out key bits of context 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Stringer’s twitter profile pic is w@nk

 

 

His Twitter header picture isn't much better either.

 

Personally, I don't mind him. RL podcasts pass the time on a 45 minute tube journey to work (as long as I turn it off before the 100% cringe, utterly embarrassing bum-lick fest with Tom Meighan starts) but he also doesn't do himself any favours.

 

A bit of self-awareness wouldn't go amiss at times.

 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MattP said:

So basically two players missed a session for personal reasons and it didn't affect selection - not even a story.

 

If you want decent journalism these days you pay for it - there is still a lot of it out there.

 

Unfortunately things like Twitter have accelerated the rise of "free information" from self publicists and we don't have many better examples than this of Ian Stringer.

 

There arent bound by any rules and the more sensationalism, more rumours and more interest they can create the more famous they themselves become - even as a BBC employee he has barely any regulation on him so he can openly behave with no responsibility when reporting to thousands upon thousands of people.

 

It's a tragic situation and the consequences of it are potentially disastrous. A good manager might even walk away from the club one day because of him. You really would have thought he would have learnt something from the Pearson incident.

 

 

But didn’t Rodgers himself say that they didn’t play BECAUSE they missed the important tactical session?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Personally, I don't mind him. RL podcasts pass the time on a 45 minute tube journey to work (as long as I turn it off before the 100% cringe, utterly embarrassing bum-lick fest with Tom Meighan starts) but he also doesn't do himself any favours.

 

A bit of self-awareness wouldn't go amiss at times.

 

I don't mind him either - I wouldn't want to go on holiday with him or anything - he's a bit of a knob, but I quite enjoy the Radio Leicester shows tbh.

Matt Piper is great now too, after a shaky start.

Agreed totally on the Tom Meighan show - absolute cringe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MPH said:

 

 

But didn’t Rodgers himself say that they didn’t play BECAUSE they missed the important tactical session?

Apparently they missed the session on "These are close, those are far away."

These are SMALL, those are far away.

Edited by onekeithweller
Being an idiot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Out on the piss.

I think this is what happened. They missed the training session without permission and came up with the kind of excuses that we've all used when we've turned up late for work after a night on the piss. Rodgers was sceptical of their excuses but couldn't disprove them, so he dropped them but took no further action. Their teammates suspected the truth and fined them. The matter is now closed.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember Frank Sinclair missing one of our league Cup finals turning up late for a team meeting so was disciplined by Martin O'Neil and dropped from the team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

 

 

Someone's been on at him to correct that, atypical for a reporter to skim off or miss out key bits of context 

Can't stand him anyway.

 

Total bellend.

 

Behaved like a right cock when Ranieri was sacked, shouting at him for a few words as he drove out of the training ground! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

His Twitter header picture isn't much better either.

 

Personally, I don't mind him. RL podcasts pass the time on a 45 minute tube journey to work (as long as I turn it off before the 100% cringe, utterly embarrassing bum-lick fest with Tom Meighan starts) but he also doesn't do himself any favours.

 

A bit of self-awareness wouldn't go amiss at times.

 

Perhaps you’ll be wanting to buy his book out later this year - I Stringer. We need to talk about Ian :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, onekeithweller said:

Apparently they missed the session on "These are close, those are far away."

I heard it was the coaching session taken by Ray Wilkins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Perhaps you’ll be wanting to buy his book out later this year - I Stringer. We need to talk about Ian :)

Rather buy 'I Sean from Enderby.  We need to bow down to Sean.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Out on the piss.


I very much doubt it tbh.


These are highly tuned athletes with big careers ahead of them and I doubt they’d risk it all for the sake of going out on the lash on a school night.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god can’t believe Brendan is making such a big deal out of this! Oh my god!

 

I think that’s the polite equivalent of ‘shut the **** up you lemons you’re making something out of nothing’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I think that’s the polite equivalent of ‘shut the **** up you lemons you’re making something out of nothing’

Stringer will be fuming, bet he still talks about it on the pre-match programme tomorrow though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It’s something that happens at every club and misdemeanours happen. It was dealt with internally – there’s no need to broadcast

So Stringer was right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

"It’s something that happens at every club and misdemeanours happen. It was dealt with internally – there’s no need to broadcast

So Stringer was right?

Stringer *guessed*. There is a quite significant difference...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...