Sign in to follow this  
Collymore

Vardy Injury - our worst fear come true!

Leg fell off, I think:dunno:but gamely tried to play on after glue was used, needed time to dry though.

• Haha 2

Shame if he is out for a while but not as worried as I might have been. Still goals in the team with Iheanacho and Perez further forward.

A few months ago I'd have said it's our worst fear but Iheanacho has been brilliant recently. Perez also got a couple of goals tonight so its really not season over if JV is on the sidelines for a bit. Still want him back in the team though as soon as, really want him to get golden boot this season. 

• Like 1

I don't mind this (I think maybe am just high on the win today)if am honest seem to get more out of the other players when he's out but could be wrong. I liked how we played when he was out last time and even when he went off today

I really want vards to get the golden boot this season so will be gutted for him if he's out for too long. That being said we've done really well in his absence so nothing to support panic stations just yet.  

• Like 1

"My name is Gluteus Maximus, main striker for Leicester City, Leader of the line, loyal servant to the true emperor, Brendan Rogers. And I will have my vengeance, next week against Aston Villa (if I get my Buttocks sorted out)."

• Like 2

This is why we went out and brought in Perez.

Perez / Nacho / Barnes with Gray and Albrighton as supporting options off of the bench ought to see us to the other side. Chuffed for Nacho to see regular time on his present form.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

How long does a 'glute' injury keep you out for then roughly?

I don’t know how long, but I do know it can be a right pain in the arse.

It wouldn’t surprise me if it was just an arse spasm the way he lashed that ball! So much intent his cheek couldn’t cope. 

• Haha 1

More concerned that he had to sit down the second time rather than just signal and toddle off the pitch ....

strange injury and I guess the scans will reveal the extent ... into the cryo chamber for sleeeping vards .....gonna be quieter in there anyway! 

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Was only watching on tv but eerily quiet in the stadium when he was down.

It was very quiet. Almost like a minutes silence.  

Obviously you'll miss a guy like Vardy, but Kelechi has looked so good every time out there lately that it doesn't worry me as much as it would have.  We're even seeing the ability to be a hold up player from him.