Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, reynard said:

We want Benkovic to play to get experience so he's a better player for us in the future. We won't do that unless we get cover first. Benkovic is not going to play here other than a few bit part appearances. On loan at Derby he would play most weeks.

As to whether this guy is the answer I'm not sure. But we can't go the rest of the season with just Wes as back up so we need to sign someone if Benkovic is to go out on loan.

Surely we would be better off trying to get someone in on loan for the rest of the season then look to buy a 1st choice centre back in the summer.

then in turn we can loan benkovic out to derby.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the Saints forum, he’s been ruled out of their next game due to ‘injury’.

 

In a years time he’ll be joining Ghezzal, Silva, Slimani out on loan until their contracts are up.

 

Surely we can do better 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a bit pointless, like a signing for the sake of it. If there's truly no value in the market currently, just wait until summer.

I'd much rather stick with Wes and Benkovic as back up until then, rather than getting some guy in who can't make Southampton's starting XI, who will inevitably be loaned out some Turkish club within a year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shane said:

According to the Saints forum, he’s been ruled out of their next game due to ‘injury’.

 

In a years time he’ll be joining Ghezzal, Silva, Slimani out on loan until their contracts are up.

 

Surely we can do better 

I feel sick at the prospect of spending £20  mill of our transfer kitty on this donkey 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, manders86 said:

I'm a bit worried this is more out of the Diabate, Ghezzal mould. Hopefully we have learnt now that it you buy cheap you buy twice.

We're assembling a team on the quiet to transfer to a new club competing in the lower leagues... or maybe Belgium.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not been in the Southampton line up since their upturn in form. They played Man City a few times after the 9-0 to us league and Cup and he's been dropped since, I'm sure. This stinks of Congerton 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, StevieB said:

He's not been in the Southampton line up since their upturn in form. They played Man City a few times after the 9-0 to us league and Cup and he's been dropped since, I'm sure. This stinks of Congerton 

Don’t disagree with your conclusion, but he’s played four times since the 9-0 including this week at Palace. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SonicBoom said:

Saints fan here. Look I already feel bad that we sent you Puel (although to be fair I did try to warn you). Along with every other Saints fan I'd be absolutely over the moon if you guys would take Vestergaard off our hands. We paid around 20 mill for him and he's never nailed down a position in a defence that, for the first half of the season, was utterly shambolic. We have rallied of late and Vestergaard isn't in the team. To be fair the problems weren't all down to him, but he certainly didn't make anything better. 

This rumour has been met with astonishment in Southampton and we are all looking at Vestergaard in a new light. Maybe we've missed something, maybe he's not a useless totem pole that can't jump, turn or run. We are all scratching our heads but nope, we still can't see why you would want him. 

So to atone for sending you Puel, I'm here to tell you to avoid this guy like the plague. There, we should be even now ok? 

Puel brought in Ricardo . Best player in the Prem for me , won’t hear a word said against him :scarf:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SonicBoom said:

 

2 hours ago, SonicBoom said:

Saints fan here. Look I already feel bad that we sent you Puel (although to be fair I did try to warn you). Along with every other Saints fan I'd be absolutely over the moon if you guys would take Vestergaard off our hands. We paid around 20 mill for him and he's never nailed down a position in a defence that, for the first half of the season, was utterly shambolic. We have rallied of late and Vestergaard isn't in the team. To be fair the problems weren't all down to him, but he certainly didn't make anything better. 

This rumour has been met with astonishment in Southampton and we are all looking at Vestergaard in a new light. Maybe we've missed something, maybe he's not a useless totem pole that can't jump, turn or run. We are all scratching our heads but nope, we still can't see why you would want him. 

So to atone for sending you Puel, I'm here to tell you to avoid this guy like the plague. There, we should be even now ok? 

 

See... he's sh**

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

I liked Dragovic. Couldn't work out why we didn't go back for him. Wonder what he's up to now.

Playing football probably rather than watching it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, not totally ruled out by Rodgers in his press conference today: 

 

There’s lots of players who have been mentioned over the past few months.

We’re looking at options to strengthen the squad, and centre-half is one of them.

We want to get Benkovic out on loan, but we need to ensure we still have cover.

We won’t speak of names though.

The market can be difficult. You might not see much going on until the last few days.

We don’t want to stockpile players. Going forward, we may look at some loans to support.

 

Maybe we might take him on loan till end of season?

 

Edited by StriderHiryu
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...