Watching Everton I can't help but think that our one time public target Gylfi Sigurdsson must really look upon turning us down as a missed opportunity. 

Similarly Jordan Vertout must really regret his decision to choose Villa over us. 

Obviously these transfers almost surely would have changed the status quo, things wouldn't be the same if they had been made, but they must be looking on their decisions in a negative light. 

Can anyone think of any more instances where denying the city was a poor decision? 

• Like 3
Just now, foxile5 said:

Watching Everton I can't help but think that our one time public target Gylfi Sigurdsson must really look upon turning us down as a missed opportunity. 

Similarly Jordan Vertout must really regret his decision to choose Villa over us. 

Obviously these transfers almost surely would have changed the status quo, things wouldn't be the same if they had been made, but they must be looking on their decisions in a negative light. 

Can anyone think of any more instances where denying the city was a poor decision? 

Wasn’t Veretout a red herring to persuade Kante to sign? (Or something along those lines). 

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Curtis Davis too. On route to join us but opted for Villa. 

If i remember, he was LITERALLY driving to our ground to sign...and detoured lol 

Also...

Beckham :)

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

The weird thing is that if Veretout had joined us then we almost certainly wouldn’t have signed Kante and then probably not won the league. 

He might then be thinking he should have joined Villa 

Oh yeah. These regrets come with hindsight and almost certainly would've changed the face of things. 

35 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Curtis Davis too. On route to join us but opted for Villa. 

31 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

If i remember, he was LITERALLY driving to our ground to sign...and detoured lol 

Also...

Beckham :)

Didn’t he tweet something along the lines of “Off to join the Sven reveloution!”?

and never arrived lol

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, MPH said:

Didn’t he tweet something along the lines of “Off to join the Sven reveloution!”?

and never arrived lol

Exactly that. And then got a better offer from Birmingham. Haaa.