Jump to content
M0901

Marc Albrighton

Recommended Posts

He used to do all Mahrez' dirty work and allow him so much more freedom to attack.

 

It's no coincidence that since he's come into the side that Maddison and Barnes have gone up a gear too. He defends from the front which allows others attacking players so much more freedom to attack.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Playing as well as he ever has for us. What a bloke.

 

Had Chilwell on toast.

Him and Castagne both. Did you notice that his first action in the game was to foul Chilwell lol? This is a healthy change across the entire team this season, a bit more of an "edge" when it comes to the dark arts of the game. We fell off so badly last season IMO because we were too nice. Many on here often said we were similar to Wenger at the Emirates era Arsenal in how we played good football but couldn't handle the physicality. This season I've seen many of our players put out a real statement against players like Kane, Son, Grealish, Chilwell, Traore. Albrighton is a lovable guy, but he knows how to mix it!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Him and Castagne both. Did you notice that his first action in the game was to foul Chilwell lol? This is a healthy change across the entire team this season, a bit more of an "edge" when it comes to the dark arts of the game. We fell off so badly last season IMO because we were too nice. Many on here often said we were similar to Wenger at the Emirates era Arsenal in how we played good football but couldn't handle the physicality. This season I've seen many of our players put out a real statement against players like Kane, Son, Grealish, Chilwell, Traore. Albrighton is a lovable guy, but he knows how to mix it!

I noticed a point where Chilwell and Albrighton were tussling for the ball near the touch line and Albrighton got straight up and completely avoided eye contact.

 

Also noticed that Sky didn't show Chilwell after the game had ended, normally he's palling up with every member of the opposition lol 

Edited by AKCJ
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I noticed a point where Chilwell and Albrighton were tussling for the ball near the touch line and Albrighton got straight up and completely avoided eye contact.

 

There were quite a few players who did that to him actually. I think it's kind of obvious we targeted him, which ironically many teams used to do to us when he was here. Or again it could be the coaching team trying to get across that Chelsea are the enemy, not friends and that we should not be in awe of such teams but instead be treating them as rivals. Look how many more points we have against top teams this season as potential proof of that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

There were quite a few players who did that to him actually. I think it's kind of obvious we targeted him, which ironically many teams used to do to us when he was here. Or again it could be the coaching team trying to get across that Chelsea are the enemy, not friends and that we should not be in awe of such teams but instead be treating them as rivals. Look how many more points we have against top teams this season as potential proof of that. 

Or he's really pissed off the team by choosing to leave and they have no respect for him. 

 

Edit... Marc's thread. The guy is awesome, the bloke who I sit/sat next to at the KP was always complaining about MA, everything he did was wrong or not good enough. I'd love to get his opinion now. 

 

Edited by browniefox
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Is and always will be one of our best ever signings. Bloke is a credit to himself and the sport. 
 

 

i've been saying this for a long time.

 

Has never let us down and always gives everything he's got for the team.....never understood how any 'proper' fan could not appreciate someone who works so hard work for the team?!?

He may not be spectacular or high-profile media player, but every team needs a Marc Albrighton....and i bet his team-mates value him more than anyone!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Can't imagine many teams left sides are going to enjoy having their legs ran off by Albrighton and Castange on our right side.

 

Must be really ****ing horrible to play against. Really efficient and make hard positive runs for 90min. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I admit it, I've been critical of Albrighton in the past. He's a good player. He has the odd game where he just looks completely put of place. He's not been technical enough, he's certainly not a flair player, and at times, in my opinion, has looked passed it in terms of where we're heading and the way we play. He's always been a guy that'll give you that 7/10 performance, the odd times he's been off. Always appreciated his effort, that can never be called to question, but his ability, for me, has been lacking.

 

This season, however, he's been like a new player. He suddenly looks like he fits perfectly, he's gone from a consistent 7/10 with the odd 5/10 performance to throwing in 9/10 performances. 

 

I'll go on record, since the title win, I've criminally underrated Albrighton. If we're talking future Leicester legends (not just as part of that historical league win) then Albrighton, at the very least, deserves honourable mentions

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I noticed a point where Chilwell and Albrighton were tussling for the ball near the touch line and Albrighton got straight up and completely avoided eye contact.

 

Also noticed that Sky didn't show Chilwell after the game had ended, normally he's palling up with every member of the opposition lol 

Yeah, commentators spotted it too. 

 

In fairness, it may have just as easily been that they liked each other and couldn't acknowledge that during the game so as not disrupt their concentration 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

There were quite a few players who did that to him actually. I think it's kind of obvious we targeted him, which ironically many teams used to do to us when he was here. Or again it could be the coaching team trying to get across that Chelsea are the enemy, not friends and that we should not be in awe of such teams but instead be treating them as rivals. Look how many more points we have against top teams this season as potential proof of that. 

I remember shouting at the TV last night when he blocked one of our crosses "the only time he's blocked a cross at the KP and it's when he's playing against us!" lol

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be reading way too much into it but I did think it was odd Ben went straight down the tunnel at the end with no interaction at all. Madders also said he was my best friend at leicester but I'll nail him in this game.  Maybe not so close now and now Ben has moved on to Chelsea the friendships he had at Leicester have gone? Sad if true. I just thought the wording was a little odd in that he said best mate at leicester and not one of my best mates....

 

Like I say I'm probably looking into it too much but normally he is chatting away to the opposition. He was very guarded.

Edited by Hales
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just goes to show you shouldn't write off players prematurely as many have done on here with Kevin. In the words of George Galloway to Sadaam Hussein .."Sir, I salute your indefatigability"  He's a top professional and super guy (that's Marc not Saddam, who was continually caught offside, particularly in Kuwait)

 

Also whilst I'm on 

Just because Jamie Vardy has not scored for a few matches does not mean he's lost it. He'll get a rest this weekend and a chance to let the hip settle down and be back with a hat-trick against Everton.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Boosting this thread. He is one of our finest. Gets on with it. Works hard. Creates. (Is this the Albrighton thread or the effing Chilwell thread. Ben's gone

Just now, foxile5 said:

Didn't notice the incident with Chilwell. Anyone got a video? 

 

Shut the **** up about Chilwell

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trabuch said:

Shut the **** up about Chilwell

I was asking for a video of Albrighton's reaction to him. It's directly involving the subject of the thread and not an attempt to discuss Chilwell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sampson said:

He used to do all Mahrez' dirty work and allow him so much more freedom to attack.

 

It's no coincidence that since he's come into the side that Maddison and Barnes have gone up a gear too. He defends from the front which allows others attacking players so much more freedom to attack.

...am I missing something here!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I was asking for a video of Albrighton's reaction to him. It's directly involving the subject of the thread and not an attempt to discuss Chilwell. 

Fair dos. I realised that a bit after, sorry. I had probably come here from another thread that seemed obsessed with him. 

Albrighton is probably the best free transfer any team could ask for.  He just keeps on giving.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...