Jump to content
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Dad's gotta go in to hospital for something totally unrelated to COVID-19 but I'm genuinely so worried he's going to catch something :(

 

All the best Stan, keep us updated. If it's any help, I think they're keeping all the COVID patients seperately, and taking measures to stop the spread.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Hopefully the twat licking the hospital toilet seat for fun has it at its most severe 

Studies are showing that viral load correlates positively with severity hence why doctors and nurses are getting hit badly. If you lick a virus infested hand rail or toilet seat, you’re likely to become very ill. 

 

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I wonder if plenty of people have had such a mild form of it they didn’t even realise, clutching at straws here I know but trying to be optimistic 

This is the hope. They’ve done a study on one of the locked down towns in Italy called Vo and 3% of the town 89/3000 tested positive yet a large proportion of those didn’t actually have any symptoms at the time of testing. It’s worth a google search if you’re interested. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Dad's gotta go in to hospital for something totally unrelated to COVID-19 but I'm genuinely so worried he's going to catch something :(

 

My dad is going in tomorrow for an operation. No visitors allowed at all so I hope he is ok. All the best to your dad.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

All the best Stan, keep us updated. If it's any help, I think they're keeping all the COVID patients seperately, and taking measures to stop the spread.

Cheers. I'd like to think so but the thought of him having to go to any hospital, even if it's for nothing major anyway, still makes me apprehensive. Just hope he doesn't pick anything up even if he is going to be fine. 

 

My fiancé's dad is going in on Friday (different hospital) to have checkup on a knee replacement op as well!

 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

My dad is going in tomorrow for an operation. No visitors allowed at all so I hope he is ok. All the best to your dad.

You too mate. Hope the op goes well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Hopefully they will have something for those of us that haven’t produced a set of accounts yet 😬

Just tell them you make £300k a year and try and live of 80% of that...we'll back you up!

 

Seriously though, I was listening to the radio earlier and someone said exactly this - they've just started up and don't have any accounts to show. You're not alone.

 

I get annoyed with people saying 'the government should do this or that' - there are so may variables that it's a nightmare to try and get everyone covered. Fingers crossed that the magic money tree man, Sunak, that no-one had hear of a month ago, comes through with the goods. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Izzy said:

That's me and rumors are we'll just get the basic tax free salary equivalent of £719 per month.

 

Should just about cover our food bill then :rolleyes:

 

Nightmare, isn't it.

 

There has to be something on dividends as well, or even what has been declared for Corporation Tax...

 

I think they'll look around and see what other countries are doing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milo said:

Just tell them you make £300k a year and try and live of 80% of that...we'll back you up!

 

I’m not taking a pay cut pal :mad:

 

1 minute ago, Milo said:

 

Seriously though, I was listening to the radio earlier and someone said exactly this - they've just started up and don't have any accounts to show. You're not alone.

 

I get annoyed with people saying 'the government should do this or that' - there are so may variables that it's a nightmare to try and get everyone covered. Fingers crossed that the magic money tree man, Sunak, that no-one had hear of a month ago, comes through with the goods. 

 

 

It is what it is, I knew the risks of self employment when I jumped in. I’ll not be bitter and I do have some reserves to fall back on if needed. At least the missus will be working.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chief medical officer Chris Whitty pours cold water on claims tests for coronavirus immunity could be available at Boots in 'days' as he warns 'global bottleneck' of kits is hampering efforts to ramp up checks

 

 

hmmmm do the government secretly still want the herd immunity scenario.

Testing would halt the spread for many.

Edited by HankMarvin
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Milo said:

Nightmare, isn't it.

 

There has to be something on dividends as well, or even what has been declared for Corporation Tax...

 

I think they'll look around and see what other countries are doing.

 

I wonder if those who pay themselves  ‘salary/dividends’ which reduces their tax bill (although I imagine the self employed are the type of shareholder who use that properly )  are going to be a bit stuffed on this ?  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, murphy said:

I would be grateful for that at the mo.

 

Sales this week so far should be around £600.  Actual sales this week - £10.99

 

Anybody wanna buy a nice Georgian silver tankard?

Have you got a website? You should post a link. Maybe we should start a thread where people can add their businesses, even for after we come through this. 

Plenty of people at home may mean people browsing.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

All the best Stan, keep us updated. If it's any help, I think they're keeping all the COVID patients seperately, and taking measures to stop the spread.

Yes they are, my mates dad is in and apart from a&e being virtually empty you wouldn’t think there’s anything going on. That was last Friday though so I don’t know if anything’s changed

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Chief medical officer Chris Whitty pours cold water on claims tests for coronavirus immunity could be available at Boots in 'days' as he warns 'global bottleneck' of kits is hampering efforts to ramp up checks

 

 

hmmmm do the government secretly still want the herd immunity scenario.

Testing would halt the spread for many.

I thought he said the global bottleneck was for the test to identify an active case.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder if those who pay themselves  ‘salary/dividends’ which reduces their tax bill (although I imagine the self employed are the type of shareholder who use that properly )  are going to be a bit stuffed on this ?  

Almost certainly, yes,.if the trouble I had when self employed to get a mortgage is anything to go by. 

 

So much hassle in fact, I'm now an employee.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only just home from work so apologies if this has been asked. 

 

Can't seem to find today's stats from the UK when they usually seem to be released around 5pm, has anything been mentioned about the delay? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wet Trump said:

I thought he said the global bottleneck was for the test to identify an active case.

Yes he did 

he also said that people expecting to see tests available in boots by the end of next week would be disappointed - they won’t have had time to effectively test the antibody kits for reliability and then to distribute.  And remember that it would seem you need to prove you’re a key worker to get one of these - and you will have to report the results so I guess you will have to also show full ID etc and that should restrict those winging it as they will potentially get found out ........

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Only just home from work so apologies if this has been asked. 

 

Can't seem to find today's stats from the UK when they usually seem to be released around 5pm, has anything been mentioned about the delay? 

I don’t think they’ve released them yet, slightly concerning but I’m always of the no news is good news.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...