Jump to content
simFox

Corona Virus

Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Message added by Mark

Recommended Posts

There are thousands that have it across many countries who only generally find themselves in the statistics when hospitalized here in Spain you ring the authorities if you have symptoms and are told to isolate but are neither tested or hospitalized. A friend of mine in the uk who has just returned from Spain has all the symptoms of the virus. He rung the hotline and they agree he probably has it and to stay isolated. Whilst he has been very poorly he has not gone hospital or been tested.

 How many more thousands like him are there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I had to google half of that.

Sorry, the pain-in-the-arse edgy folks who think that lots of humanity dying at the same time (just as long as it's no one near and dear to them) is somehow a "good" on some unseen cosmic scale and we should be happy about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leicsmac said:

Sorry, the pain-in-the-arse edgy folks who think that lots of humanity dying at the same time (just as long as it's no one near and dear to them) is somehow a "good" on some unseen cosmic scale and we should be happy about it.

I think it was a piss take

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bovril said:

I think it was a piss take

Shit, I really should get better at knowing when I'm being Poe'd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Shit, I really should get better at knowing when I'm being Poe'd.

I had to google some of that too.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Info for anyone on a zero hours contract. It's the first time I've really seen anyone address it. He really has helped a lot of people during this crisis. Hope he receives some sort of official recognition.

Edited by Guesty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mate’s dad works for a chemical engineering company and they’ve told them all staff are to come in, even non-essential staff. If you’re showing symptoms you’re expected to come in. They’ve been threatened with the sack for calling in sick apparently.

 

Trying to clarify this is definitely the situation. If so, what’s the government policy? Surely there must be fines or legal action to take on such action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Manini said:

I 100% reckon that a huge percentage of the population has had the virus and it’s been in circulation in the uk well before it was first reported as being here. 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Manini said:

I 100% reckon that a huge percentage of the population has had the virus and it’s been in circulation in the uk well before it was first reported as being here. 

Yes, this does intuitively seem to be the case, and the more testing data that comes out, the more this theory looks likely.

 

That's good news for any long term lockdowns, but doesn't change the tsunami of cases that will be hitting ICU beds in a week or two. Fingers crossed we'll be well equipped to deal with that initial hit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Manini said:

I 100% reckon that a huge percentage of the population has had the virus and it’s been in circulation in the uk well before it was first reported as being here. 

What do you reckon is a 'huge' percentage? 

I think people will be disappointed at the percentage when the antibody tests come out, really hope I'm wrong though! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope Boris makes a speedy recovery, no one deserves it and last thing we need is chaos if we was to turn or worse...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That handshaking in the hospitals didn't age well then! 

 

Like anyone who has it (unless you're a cvnt purposely spreading it) then get well soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also a theory that they've already missed counted and misdiagnosed a huge number of cases in the country already. Would be interested to see the number of respiratory related deaths in the country this year.

 

I don't understand if it's so infectious and so many have mild symptions how it didn't spread earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brucey said:

What do you reckon is a 'huge' percentage? 

I think people will be disappointed at the percentage when the antibody tests come out, really hope I'm wrong though! 

Good question. Don’t think it’s the 50% that Oxford have mentioned, but I reckon close to a few million. Still nothing in the grand scheme of things though if that is to be the case so should have re-phrased my other post. Even if it’s 6 million people (just picked a number at random) that’s still nothing really, so yeah...long way to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Also a theory that they've already missed counted and misdiagnosed a huge number of cases in the country already. Would be interested to see the number of respiratory related deaths in the country this year.

 

I don't understand if it's so infectious and so many have mild symptions how it didn't spread earlier.

I guess we dont know if it did and many people just put it down to a cough or cold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I guess we dont know if it did and many people just put it down to a cough or cold. 

Agree, and hence why the focus absolutely has to be on more and more testing (which I believe it is). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that the more we learn about this evil thing, the less we seem to really know. Even the so-called experts are now littering their information about it with caveats. Looking back a few weeks, that hand-washing advice may have well-intended, but was it really enough? Like Japan, we are an island nation, but they seem to have it under control, whereas we don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...