Jump to content
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Recommended Posts

Just read some interesting stuff on fevers and the immune system. on the back of that, I’m not taking any paracetemol unless my temp goes above 101F.  suppressing the late afternoon mild fever may have been compromising my immune systems attempts to get rid of this thing!  
 

Btw, I wouldn’t recommend anyone does anything based on my limited medical knowledge 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

But the death rate is still reasonably low, they're working on the assumption it's below 1%. Judging by it, HCID seems to be about genuinely high mortality disease like Ebola that's mortality rate is over 50% and by being categorised as a HCID it means its treated at 5 specialist centres rather than anywhere. 

I get that. But if you look at the way the virus is being covered in the media - not just the scaremongering elements of the press but also various medical experts who are giving their take - it is not being spoken about in the same context as you would expect a virus with a reasonably low death rate to be spoken about when words such as "unprecedented" are being used.

 

And I'm still curious as to why the HCID downgrade has had almost no coverage in the media?

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Digressing but it's interesting that countries like Russia have a very low mortality rate due to shutting their borders 2 months ago. Putin has probably saved thousands of lives, same as Czech Republic and Poland.

 

I don't have a dog in the race but I notice many are blaming Boris for acting slowly. But I don't think the same people would have commended him, had he copied Putin either.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I get that. But if you look at the way the virus is being covered in the media - not just the scaremongering elements of the press but also various medical experts who are giving their take - it is not being spoken about in the same context as you would expect a virus with a reasonably low death rate to be spoken about when words such as "unprecedented" are being used.

 

And I'm still curious as to why the HCID downgrade has had almost no coverage in the media?

 

 

Probably because the country is full of **** wits and it would go back to people going to the shop for an ice cream.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Probably because the country is full of **** wits and it would go back to people going to the shop for an ice cream.

I agree that would likely happen, and still there'll be people flouting the lock down in the coming days no doubt.

 

But it's just the lack of addressing these conflicting statements that puzzles me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kendal Fox said:

Digressing but it's interesting that countries like Russia have a very low mortality rate due to shutting their borders 2 months ago. Putin has probably saved thousands of lives, same as Czech Republic and Poland.

 

I don't have a dog in the race but I notice many are blaming Boris for acting slowly. But I don't think the same people would have commended him, had he copied Putin either.


Yes, and many people can’t see when things are going right. They take the good decision for granted or are simply unaware of what is going on in the world or with our current affairs on a daily basis. It’s takes something like CV-19 for the pond-life to actually become aware of the governments decision making. 
 

I’m not defending Boris as I’m completely unqualified to have an educated opinion on the subject at hand. However, any failings he makes are going to be jumped all over by some. I certainly don’t envy the man in the period he’s been PM. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Government didn't tell us actual figures of possible deaths, we'd get people saying that they aren't being honest with us. If they gave us the low esimate of deaths, people would say they don't have a clue and their estimates were way off (come the end of it all). As it is, they give us the figure and they get blamed for scaremongering, they can't win.

 

They definitely could have done things different and I don't agree with all of their decisions, but on the whole they've handled this pretty well.

 

Now let's fine the idiot £500 for leaving their house without good reason.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Over a 24 hour period - yes. The scientists have said that comparing single days is fraught with risk ....... possibly a straw to clutch .........

Course it is, the death rate is not predictable, some people may survive longer and some may not. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As getting a bit low on toilet paper (that little fella in the pic is it!) I had a brain wave and checked out my shed ...   if these bad boys are ok to wipe the oil off my mower they’re good enough to wipe my arse ...   sorted !!    :)

 

 

5342AFC0-5D91-44EC-9B28-7565E46B6CA0.jpeg

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Been meaning to make a will for ages - just sat down to do it. You need 2 witnesses for it to be legal...non family members and over the age of 18....     :frusty:

 

 

Can't be done electronically or via video. Marvellous.

 

I can't imagine that we're the only ones who have considered doing this now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:


Yes, and many people can’t see when things are going right. They take the good decision for granted or are simply unaware of what is going on in the world or with our current affairs on a daily basis. It’s takes something like CV-19 for the pond-life to actually become aware of the governments decision making. 
 

I’m not defending Boris as I’m completely unqualified to have an educated opinion on the subject at hand. However, any failings he makes are going to be jumped all over by some. I certainly don’t envy the man in the period he’s been PM. 

It's the lack of honesty with so many people, especially those who use social media to control everybody, even though they class themselves as being on the "left". Strange to me seeing as the need to control is actually at odds with liberal philosophy.

 

And I just don't get why political direction even has to come into it when we are facing something that is seemingly so unpredictable and frightening. But no, still throngs of people coming out the woodwork more bothered about point scoring - essentially just personal attacks on Johnson and anyone else who disagrees with them.

 

Like I said, had he closed the borders as the Czechs, Poles and Russians did 2 months ago, they would have attacked him for being too conservative, even though it would have greatly reduced the number of infected, which is the most important thing. But that just doesn't matter with these people. They don't really care about what is happening, just their own self aggrandisement. All it does is make things more difficult and then they always project the blame anyway, like people with no integrity do.

 

Don't mean to contradict myself but for what it's worth, I'd always thought of myself as being naturally left leaning. But just seeing the amount of dishonesty, hypocrisy and immaturity coming from the so called "left" in recent years has really disturbed and alienated me. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Corbyn style of Left which permeates Twitter are socialists though and therefore by definition anti-liberal so it makes sense they're in favour of greater government and collective control and less liberty and freedom for individuals.

Edited by Sampson
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...