Jump to content
simFox

Corona Virus

Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Message added by Mark

Recommended Posts

I'm surprised she's not in any form of protecting clothing.. :whistle:

Edited by Wymsey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to look back on the very early posts on this topic and how it developed.

 

We all woke up to different degrees when footie season froze, pubs closed and now lockdown.

 

Social contact tap systematically off and on now whilst vulnerable remain hid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ElusiveEd said:

Jeez, 

 Calm down mate. I didn’t make it.

To me it just reminds me of everything that’s wrong in this world. 

I'm just fed up seeing shit like that. It's a stupid comparison and people need to stop making it. 

 

@foxile5 summed it up perfectly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, brucey said:

Sweden is carrying on with what was the UK’s original plan, it will be interesting to see how they get on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52076293

Wish we could do that here, but the reality is we couldn't possibly.

 

On one side you've got idiots still hosting gatherings/parties. On the other you've got doomsayers telling people not to set foot outside even if just for a walk. We're very reactionary and extreme in this country. Polarised. 

 

Sweden are using common sense. Good luck to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/01/2020 at 09:08, LinekersLugs said:

Make no mistake this is controllable 

 

mass media hysteria for click bate 

 

SARS and Bird Flu where much bigger than this and were contained 

 

the vaccine is being worked on already 

 

On 26/01/2020 at 14:55, Lionator said:

It's pure hysteria. And whoever makes the vaccine will end up cashing in as the more people who are scared = the more people who get vaccinated = more money.

These posts did not age well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the good news on the deaths announced today was they were not as high as many had expected....

 

.....the bad news is that everyone of those people will be missed by their family who will be grieving today.

 

Stay safe everyone

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

 

These posts did not age well. 

Late January I remember some of my Chinese students having a really animated conversation at the end of one class. They saw me and asked if I was worried about the Coronvirus situation. I said "not really", partly because I didn't want to make them anxious or uncomfortable, but also because I didn't know enough about it and couldn't imagine it would cause so much chaos. They were really worried about it though, and said so. Europe was caught napping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bovril said:

Late January I remember some of my Chinese students having a really animated conversation at the end of one class. They saw me and asked if I was worried about the Coronvirus situation. I said "not really", partly because I didn't want to make them anxious or uncomfortable, but also because I didn't know enough about it and couldn't imagine it would cause so much chaos. They were really worried about it though, and said so. Europe was caught napping. 

They were likely given the real truth by their families. 

 

The CCP's efforts to protect the Communist regime by hiding infection figures has screwed the globe. 

 

There ought to be repercussions. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

They were likely given the real truth by their families. 

 

The CCP's efforts to protect the Communist regime by hiding infection figures has screwed the globe. 

 

There ought to be repercussions. 

 

 

Absolutely. Financially alone, they owe global governments the equivalent of the trillions spent in rescue packages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, StanSP said:

 

These posts did not age well. 

One of my first posts near the beginning on this thread was calling someone out for not taking this seriously, can’t remember who it was now but they was on about someone coming back from Italy and being told to isolate was an overreaction 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Absolutely. Financially alone, they owe global governments the equivalent of the trillions spent in rescue packages.

Yep. I agree but...

Force China to pay trillions and force them into recession where the hungry peasants will start eating all kinds of wild creatures, make tourism cheap to help their economy, invite relatives the world over, then BOOM here we go again..

 

(tongue in cheek response BTW)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2020 at 15:56, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Everybody tries to blame somebody or something when major stuff happens.

Like blaming the person in charge? Or shirk responsibility and redirect anger elsewhere?

  • Don't go out and get it. What did Boris first suggest? Go out and get it.
  • Don't shake hands. What did Boris say? He shakes hands happily.
  • Don't go to social places. What did Boris's dad say? He'd happily go to the pub.

Who have people followed?

 

I have a friend at risk of death and if she goes into intensive care she may die.

 

You can schoolboy grin and post voting intentions all you want mate.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Foxxed said:

Like blaming the person in charge? Or shirk responsibility and redirect anger elsewhere?

  • Don't go out and get it. What did Boris first suggest? Go out and get it.
  • Don't shake hands. What did Boris say? He shakes hands happily.
  • Don't go to social places. What did Boris's dad say? He'd happily go to the pub.

Who have people followed?

 

I have a friend at risk of death and if she goes into intensive care she may die.

 

You can schoolboy grin and post voting intentions all you want mate.

Criticising the government or Boris in particular is not allowed! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

I think there's some dried pasta behind her. 

And melons in front

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Currently sleeping on my sister's couch. Had a night here, which is rare as she doesn't let anyone in on a normal day. 

 

Funny how helping her out during this time has brought us closer together.

 

Am I missing something here, or have you left your house to visit your sister? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pds said:

Most of my family are teachers. I'm very grateful to what they do and what they are doing, perhaps it's just me but I just want the kids to do a couple of hours learning a day and then have fun in the garden as much as possible for the rest. The school just seem a little overbearing. They're calling everyone and asking for photos to be emailed every day for all of the work. Their emails everyday with the plan for the next day are ridiculous and with words saying 'you must do this' etc it just seems unnecessary pressure on parents.

Ignore 'em or, if you're feeling charitable, explain your point of view to the school. All this is a steep learning curve for everyone and they sound over-zealous. Do what you reasonably can to keep your kids' education ticking over but mostly enjoy your time with them. Use this time to teach them practical skills and allow them to find/pursue their own interests. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Like blaming the person in charge? Or shirk responsibility and redirect anger elsewhere?

  • Don't go out and get it. What did Boris first suggest? Go out and get it.
  • Don't shake hands. What did Boris say? He shakes hands happily.
  • Don't go to social places. What did Boris's dad say? He'd happily go to the pub.

Who have people followed?

 

I have a friend at risk of death and if she goes into intensive care she may die.

 

You can schoolboy grin and post voting intentions all you want mate.

I think Boris might start ignoring his own advisers in future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a logistical reason why supermarkets can't offer 24 hour deliveries?

 

There are obviously no delivery slots available for weeks, and they have asked that shoppers come into the store...surely that's the opposite of what people should be doing?   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like I’ve contracted this. On and off fever, very sore throat, loss of appetite and I’ve got diarrhoea every time something touches my lips. Been like this for four days. For now I’m away from the kids and wife in the back room with my laptop, iPad and phone. 
 

im hoping it will go away over the next couple of days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milo said:

Is there a logistical reason why supermarkets can't offer 24 hour deliveries?

 

There are obviously no delivery slots available for weeks, and they have asked that shoppers come into the store...surely that's the opposite of what people should be doing?   

Does seem odd that normally there’s millions of vans and cars loaded to the brim with deliveries of dodgy Chinese goods bought off eBay then as soon as you need a bit of food delivered, they’ve all done a runner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

 

Am I missing something here, or have you left your house to visit your sister? 

He's in Canada, maybe their rules are different atm

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...