Jump to content
Permafrost

Norwich away - Fri 28th Feb 8pm

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Why do the club insist on not releasing tickets to General Sale? 

 

I presumed it was to encourage people to take out memberships but if they have ceased the sale of memberships then that doesn't make sense. 

 

Its easy to fall into the trap of thinking that this club is generous when in reality they just take with one hand and give with the other -

 

Ticket admin fees buy you a pink cap..even the 'Free' beers are likely factored into ticket sales. Good business I guess.. 

It's a complete nonsense, but unless those of us lucky enough to be inside the tent pissing out with current STs and memberships aren't going to make a fuss then the club aren't going to do anything to change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Why do the club insist on not releasing tickets to General Sale? 

 

I presumed it was to encourage people to take out memberships but if they have ceased the sale of memberships then that doesn't make sense. 

I think promoting next seasons memberships is a big part of it. Another reason could be if there has been some kind of recent incident with wronguns / opposing fans buying General sale tickets? The Athletic had an article a few days ago about policing at matches and apparently tickets going to gen sale increases the risk rating assigned to a match :dunno:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Why do the club insist on not releasing tickets to General Sale? 

 

I presumed it was to encourage people to take out memberships but if they have ceased the sale of memberships then that doesn't make sense. 

 

Its easy to fall into the trap of thinking that this club is generous when in reality they just take with one hand and give with the other -

 

Ticket admin fees buy you a pink cap..even the 'Free' beers are likely factored into ticket sales. Good business I guess.. 

LCFC get no money for someone buying on general sale. But if they keep tickets behind a worthless membership scheme they'll get something out of you. Once you pay thr £40 membership fee then you get a free hat lol 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brucey said:

I think promoting next seasons memberships is a big part of it. Another reason could be if there has been some kind of recent incident with wronguns / opposing fans buying General sale tickets? The Athletic had an article a few days ago about policing at matches and apparently tickets going to gen sale increases the risk rating assigned to a match :dunno:

Normally that is sorted by selling only to those who have previously bought a ticket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Normally that is sorted by selling only to those who have previously bought a ticket.

They did that this season. But certainly in previous seasons I've been able to buy general sale tickets with no booking history. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That way next season all those who haven't got memberships will buy one. It creatives an exclusivity around LCFC away tickets, which is good for their business model.

It might be good for their so-called "business model", but it's not good for anything else.

 

btw, I notice that there were 31 tickets available at 11pm last night, and so far today the grand total of 1 ticket has been sold.

 

It would be hilarious if there was 1 ticket left come the day.   I reckon the ticket office would buy it themselves, so they can get up the banner "sold out to Members and ST holders" again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, brucey said:

They did that this season. But certainly in previous seasons I've been able to buy general sale tickets with no booking history. 

Yes that is the case. I was just saying that if they wanted to prevent opposing fans buying tickets, then sell to people with a booking history, not full general sale. Probably applies more to home games against teams like Man U or Liverpool

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

It's a complete nonsense, but unless those of us lucky enough to be inside the tent pissing out with current STs and memberships aren't going to make a fuss then the club aren't going to do anything to change.

I Emailed the club a few months ago, and asked them why their selling policy had changed. 

 

I made what I thought were a few valid points as to why I think it was wrong, and the reply back was to the effect of "we haven't changed our policy".   Which was a bit annoying (and insulting), as it's obvious there has been a change.

 

I'm going to Email them again at the end of the season, with more specific examples ... so at least they can't deny it.   And again, I'll try to make the points why I think it's a bad idea.     If we want to be a bigger club, we can't just instigate closed shop policies, and simply pull up the drawbridge with 28,000 potential fans (or however many ST holders + members we have).   Doing that simply excludes a potential 1,000,000 other people living in the City and County.

 

I'm a ST holder with a decent priority, but I feel strongly about this.   And I suggest anyone else who does, also contacts the club and politely explains why they think it's a bad idea.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/02/2020 at 17:46, l444ry said:

Where is the usual pre match watering hole for this game? Or are we all dispersed again?

 

14 hours ago, norfolkfoxes said:

Im sure its the waterfront only away pub. Its big in there though so should be plenty of room

 

Does the Compleat Angler not let in nowadays?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/02/2020 at 10:26, Voll Blau said:

 

 

Does the Compleat Angler not let in nowadays?

We were having a discussion in the pre match thread and @Ashley said he'd rang them and they said home fans only.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

2 adult tickets available for this. Message me if interested. 

Did ask on what's app. Want me to ask stew if he can shift? Maybe able to get rid to some essex exiles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...