Sign in to follow this  
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Heskey with a brain , might cost an arm and a leg though.

Sure... Heskey didn't have a brain. Ask any striker who played along side him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Sure... Heskey didn't have a brain. Ask any striker who played along side him.

He did a good job as a minder for Owen tbf.

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

A young Heskey as was would do a great job for us now. Very unfashionable in his day but very effective. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He won't ever come back here, his attitude stinks and I don't think he's liked by many at the club. He'll be loaned out again or sold in the summer.

Hopefully a Sale.

He's holding up our recruitment as he's a big Wedge on the Payroll as is Silva. they both need to go.

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Hopefully a Sale.

He's holding up our recruitment as he's a big Wedge on the Payroll as is Silva. they both need to go.

But they don’t have to and even if they do go, we will end up paying up a large part of what we owe them on their contacts either in a lump sum or in the form of receiving a low fee on their sale (more likely)  ......

37 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

????????? possibly the most bizarre comment of the year

Sorry , too many metaphors.

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He was rated by every strike partner and scored his fair share. 

The stick he got at the end of his career was unreal. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Would anyone want Cantwell here? Linked with us although more heavily linked with other clubs. 

I like him, I think he would fit in well. The fact he did keepy uppys before his penalty at spurs won me over too. The kid has balls! 😂 He knows madders too from Norwich so could come to us? Agent Madders on the case!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Would anyone want Cantwell here? Linked with us although more heavily linked with other clubs. 

Yes, I initially thought he was a flash in the pan but the more I watch him, the more he seems to have the technical and mental ability to become a superstar. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

But they don’t have to and even if they do go, we will end up paying up a large part of what we owe them on their contacts either in a lump sum or in the form of receiving a low fee on their sale (more likely)  ......

Yes quite true, But their Contracts are built into our Wage budget over the Contract lifetime. This effectively means we cannot commit to new Contracts as we have to stay within FFP. Rules.

Loaning them out is helping the accounts but not necessarily the Balance sheet as we still have the Commitment sitting there.

What usually happens is they are paid a percentage of their Contract to cancel it and move to another club.

They're sitting on the Balance sheet valued at 50 Million plus Salary Contracts of 10 to 20 Million.

They have no future here it seems so just clean up the situation by getting rid and bring in two more players who are badly needed to advance the team further.

Yes it will most likely cost us 10 to 20 million in resale value less any savings in salary. But that's the nature of the business.

We've done really well from the Maguire and Mahrez Transfers plus lesser amounts from others.

You never get them all right that's the nature of the Transfer Market. We just need to take the hit and move forward.

As the team is crying out for a couple of key signings. A big summer coming up

44 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Yes, Cantwell would be a good young signing. Maybe Maddison can give him the Thumbs up to come here. 

44 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

I would. He's quality

I thought Cantwell was outstanding at king power earlier in the season and have watching him closely ever since, this kids a real talent who we should be going for.

• Like 1

Cantwell is a bit more of the same, although I get the impression that he actually has a bit of grit about him.
If it were a choice between Cantwell type and Doucore type though, sorry Todd.

• Like 2

Very impressed with Dwight McNeil last night. Class player. Give Burnley Gray, Albrighton, Mendy and £10m for him in exchange

35 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Is Cantwell really what we need? Another physically weak midfielder?!?

Agreed. Would only look into it if Madders went. Even then I think a steelier 10 might help the current squad 

Edited by sdb

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, I initially thought he was a flash in the pan but the more I watch him, the more he seems to have the technical and mental ability to become a superstar. 

More potential than Grealish I think. Can play as a winger too!

• Like 2

Fraser

Cantwell

Doucoure

Ake

Grealish

Mings

Maupay

All potentially great signings from relegation threatened teams. Should get them for a knock down price too if their team goes down. For the record I think Grealish will go to a bigger club than us, with Doucoure being the best signing of the lot (much needed midfield steel).

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

39 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

More potential than Grealish I think. Can play as a winger too!

Is he the reason they let Maddison go ? He would have to be a replacement for Maddison or Tielemans , couldn't see it working otherwise.

23 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Fraser

Cantwell

Doucoure

Ake

Grielish

Mings

Maupay

All potentially great signings from relegation threatened teams. Should get them for a knock down price too if their team goes down. For the record I think Grielish will go to a bigger club than us, with Doucoure being the best signing of the lot (much needed midfield steel).

Docoure and Ake from that list for me. Plus 2 of Brentford's BMW attack

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Docoure and Ake from that list for me. Plus 2 of Brentford's BMW attack

Just watched the Brentford highlights from yesterday. Would have loved to have played their starting 11 in the cup. So much creativity.