Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

We should be after Brazilian winger David Neres from Ajax.

Didn't he just have a serious knee injury? If he's ok then I agree. Tete at 60 mil is absolute lunacy right now. Besides Donensk are very hard to deal with and remember Willian having a hard time getting out of there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noted in the athletic today that we only missed out on Tapsoda because of a work permit issue in january.  Hes been brilliant for leverkusen since signing for them but good that this is the type of cb we are trying to bring in. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Noted in the athletic today that we only missed out on Tapsoda because of a work permit issue in january.  Hes been brilliant for leverkusen since signing for them but good that this is the type of cb we are trying to bring in. 

...surely too good to be left on the bench!!!

Where would we utilise him and would this mean that Evans or Soyuncu would be leaving. Going three at the back with wing backs would be the obvious outcome with two upfront and Maddison in the hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...surely too good to be left on the bench!!!

Where would we utilise him and would this mean that Evans or Soyuncu would be leaving. Going three at the back with wing backs would be the obvious outcome with two upfront and Maddison in the hole.

I suspect we were planning for Europe and the option of 3 at the back, don't forget we really wanted Demiral so its evident we are serious about another top class CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Noted in the athletic today that we only missed out on Tapsoda because of a work permit issue in january.  Hes been brilliant for leverkusen since signing for them but good that this is the type of cb we are trying to bring in. 

Shame. Hopefully something is in place for the summer 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect we were planning for Europe and the option of 3 at the back, don't forget we really wanted Demiral so its evident we are serious about another top class CB.

Yeah I agree. Also legitimately allows 3 at the back when needed. Need to prepare for additional games in case of europe. But the more quality players in the squad the better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect we were planning for Europe and the option of 3 at the back, don't forget we really wanted Demiral so its evident we are serious about another top class CB.

Would be juiced if we managed to get White from Brighton, although that is unlikely at this point. He is just fantastic, and can play basically anywhere on the pitch it looks like.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osimhen is good but having Iheanacho as third choice striker is not only rough on him but rather extravagant don't you think? 

On 26/04/2020 at 09:58, urban.spaceman said:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osimhen is good, a clinical player who is good in the air with an exciting future. The type of player I'd usually think we couldn't get but thanks to Ndidi and Nacho we'd have a chance. @Nicolo Barella I think having 3 strikers is not outlandish for a team trying to get into and compete in the Champions League and to some extent we'd offset the ageing Vardy with a younger raw player in Osimhen. 60m is steep though! Not sure we should be paying that sort of money for him. In fact can anyone really afford that sort of money given Coronavirus problems?

 

Tete is an interesting one. 3 Brazillian players from Shaktar have come to the Premier League; Willian (very good), Fernandinho (incredible) and Fred (mediocre though Man U fans say he is their most improved player this season). For me he's a little too raw with not enough experience. If we are going to break our transfer record again, then surely we need someone who has at the very least proved it in one of the major leagues in Europe first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Osimhen is good, a clinical player who is good in the air with an exciting future. The type of player I'd usually think we couldn't get but thanks to Ndidi and Nacho we'd have a chance. @Nicolo Barella I think having 3 strikers is not outlandish for a team trying to get into and compete in the Champions League and to some extent we'd offset the ageing Vardy with a younger raw player in Osimhen. 60m is steep though! Not sure we should be paying that sort of money for him. In fact can anyone really afford that sort of money given Coronavirus problems?

I guess I agree, but I just can't see Iheanacho progressing at all as a 3rd striker, especially if Vardy keeps seeing as much gametime as he did this season. Even as a second striker, he has to compete with Perez. Of course, if Rodgers wants to try buy a really good striker instead of a really good winger and transition to a two striker formation it could make sense. 60 million is a lot though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the ending of ligue 1. It would not surprise me if all clubs bar PSG are having to sell to make up for the potential loss in TV and gate receipts. Could see a fair few players coming over to this side of the channel if we do restart play and secure the remaining tv rights for this season (baring in mind they will not get all of theirs regardless due to their tv rights holder changing and previously refusing to pay). May have an impact on the likes of osihmen and thauvin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice group of players we are being linked to this window. Never knew we were so close to getting tapsoda. Doubt it matters anyway coronavirus might leave us strapped for cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Bukayo Sako linked, 12 months left on deal; i think he'd be a great signing.

Surely not. He’s gonna be unreal. What a signing that would be!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...