Sign in to follow this  
urban.spaceman

Wolves A Match Thread

Can you even be offside if the ball goes backwards? What a disgrace, you'd be spitting feathers if you were Wolves.

This pedestrian, dare I say Puelesque approach, may be tactical to suit this game and may be a way of playing against Wolves' counter.  Passing the ball in front of them denies them the space to break into.  We just have to be patient to make the openings and remember that they need to win this more than we do.

Kicking off on radio Leics.

Wolves fans aggressively abusing Pipes.

He stood up and confronted em.

Good lad.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of using technology to make these calls as accurate as possible but now that we have this new power to catch every detail it's clear some revisions need to be made to the rules being implemented.  Never would have been given before VAR and nobody would have complained.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Our aerial defending is pretty laughable isn’t it 

I guess that's why Ryan Bennett has been brought it. Hopefully he'll make the difference. Maybe we'll go 3 at the back?

1 minute ago, z-layrex said:

Wasn't offside and Maddison should be off.

I mean it was offside, but it was also a really stupid decision. The trailing foot was offside, but the player was facing away from Leicester’s goal, so surely there’s no advantage for the offside position.

Just now, Paddy. said:

I guess that's why Ryan Bennett has been brought it. Hopefully he'll make the difference. Maybe we'll go 3 at the back?

Let’s hope so 

Of course the correct decision was reached, referees are going to know the laws aren't they?

Whether we want the moment spoiled is the big thing now rather than the absolute decision, but clubs aren't prepared to accept wrong decisions so we've got this.

Suck it up or change it.

• Like 1

The worst thing about VAR is by far the cringe 'it's not football anymore' and '**** VAR' chants 

• Like 1

Literally no difference to playing under Puel in some of our first halves. No idea why we are never fired up.

Seriously? It was offside - mm but that’s the rules we’re playing with now.

And Madders should be off for a high boot? Give it a rest!

Just now, Beechey said:

I mean it was offside, but it was also a really stupid decision. The trailing foot was offside, but the player was facing away from Leicester’s goal, so surely there’s no advantage for the offside position.

Unfortunately it’s the law though and it was one of the more clear and obvious calls. We are still lucky to be still drawing though.

• Like 1

If Ryan Bennett is not good enough for their first team, why would he be good enough for ours?

• Confused 1

I don’t like VAR currently, but it’s the first year of use, so everyone needs to stop being so reactionary and look at the bigger picture.

Madders off, possibly but would have been harsh.

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Agree with this, teams that sit back and counter, using the long ball cause us issues for sure 

The sort of team we used to love playing against.