Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Wolves 0-0 Leicester post match thread.

Recommended Posts

Great result, bad performance.

 

We started ok, looked sharp and played with a good tempo but then we seemed to play ourselves out of confidence. Heads went down, passing slowed and the mistakes crept in.

 

I’m confused as to why Iheanacho wasn’t introduced. It was clearly never going to be a game for Vardy, as he had a back 5 to deal with on his own. If Rodgers didn’t want to change shape, then be brave and take Vardy off.

 

I’m starting to see why Rodgers preferred Mendy when Ndidi was out. I don’t think he trusts Choudhury. Not only because of his rashness, but also because he ball watches and is often horribly out of position. It says a lot that we weren’t much worse off when he was sent off.

 

Bit of credit to Chilwell, who in the first half couldn’t even take the ball with him when dribbling and looked shot of confidence, but in the second half was superb defensively.

 

I have to admit I’m starting to worry a little bit about how this season may pan out. The performance levels still remain low and we’ve won 3 out of our last 10. Something needs to change to kick us back into life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. how many points have we garnered in the last 10 games. We are set to get nothing from our next game. If we are the 7th best on our current run then it shows just how poor this league has been. 

  Why you chose to include @NaijaFox in your reply is strange as his comments supported your argument, which I felt was clearly obvious. 

Said it before league tables don’t lie we play in the Premier league and we are third in it..poor league or not, we can only manage what we do not what others do.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the match unfortunately, but reading through these comments its hard to tell her we do as they fluctuate so much from 'that was a good point' to 'might as well give up on Europe now!'

 

Sounds like I was expecting really - we struggle to get our attacking rhythm back after extended breaks. 

 

At least we got a point when we got nothing there last season, plus we have come a long way from the first match of the season when people were saying it was so poor we had no chance of getting into Europe, let alone Top 4... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why people suggesting sitting deep against us is negative? It's a misconception we are a possession based team. Sure, the plan under Rodgers is to retain more of the ball but we are being forced to by sides who now recognise we arent actually causing them any danger with it.

So much of this possession is laboured and in fact often puts us back in to defensive areas where the opposition can press us. Villa, saints, burnley, norwich etc have all cottoned on to this.

Think about the last couple of months, you can almost play the game out in your own head to what's about to happen. 

No coincidence that teams will happily let us have it until we find a more incisive way of playing or players who can make that possession mean more.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Havent watched the game yet but apparentley its a must see exhibition of shit.

 

I'd say we are definitely going through a rough patch but no one else is pulling up trees so players may be finding it hard to pull their fingers out.

 

Not to slag them off but i bet most of them cant wait for the season to end so they can play the euro's/have an extended break and come back next season for champions league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fox85 said:

We lack pace.

We lack attacking instincts.

We lack ideas.

 

We defended ok at times.

 

We will struggle if we carry on like this the form is shocking.

 

BR needs to change his tactics and also start attacking teams again instead of going to attack then pass it all the way back to Evan's.

 

We was attacking and then passed it back to the half way line under pressure and that got Hamza sent off.

 

 

We was on the edge of their penalty area, 3 or 4 backward passes later we're on the half way line, and then

we're under pressure. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Havent watched the game yet but apparentley its a must see exhibition of shit.

 

I'd say we are definitely going through a rough patch but no one else is pulling up trees so players may be finding it hard to pull their fingers out.

 

Not to slag them off but i bet most of them cant wait for the season to end so they can play the euro's/have an extended break and come back next season for champions league.

‘Players can’t wait for the end of season’. In mid Feb!! If that’s the case they’re in the wrong job.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good result and I enjoyed the game. Had lots of the ball without doing anything. Vardy never really in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Said it before league tables don’t lie we play in the Premier league and we are third in it..poor league or not, we can only manage what we do not what others do.....

.. your comments have little to do with the original question in respect of our last 10 games. 

  Should we follow this trajectory top 4 would be a million miles away and at present it is hard to see where we can turn it around. 

  We look nervous when teams come and press us and struggle to unlock teams who sit deep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flappit said:

Yes. Because we over-achieved vs. xg early in the season and won games that we were lucky to. Now we're reverting to actual xg/below xg we're getting the results we should be with the performances we're delivering. 

 

We aren't playing well any more. The fullbacks stop at the halfway line and pass the ball back to the central defenders. They pass across the line, we push up the other flank and then stop and pass back again.

 

The movement and pace from early in the season has gone. If the wingers stay glued to the touchline they are easily marked and Vardy is isolated. The fact is that we are an easy team to play against at the moment as we play in a highly predictable way. 

 

Continuing to simply say "we're 3rd, ffs!" is to ignore the lack of form and performance. If we'd started the season like this, we'd be about 12th, "ffs".... 

We generally performed better in the first half of the season, anyone can see that. 

 

I think some people on here just need to chill, take stock of where we are in the league, how much of a gap there is to 5th and ultimately, enjoy the ride a bit more. This season, and the next few are likely to be the most sustained period of sucesss in our history. 

 

And as for the "if we started the season like this we'd be 12th" comment - we started the season drawing twice against Wolves and Chelsea, sound familiar?

 

Form is temporary, class is permanent, we'll be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Not sure why people suggesting sitting deep against us is negative? It's a misconception we are a possession based team. Sure, the plan under Rodgers is to retain more of the ball but we are being forced to by sides who now recognise we arent actually causing them any danger with it.

So much of this possession is laboured and in fact often puts us back in to defensive areas where the opposition can press us. Villa, saints, burnley, norwich etc have all cottoned on to this.

Think about the last couple of months, you can almost play the game out in your own head to what's about to happen. 

No coincidence that teams will happily let us have it until we find a more incisive way of playing or players who can make that possession mean more.

... spot on!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. your comments have little to do with the original question in respect of our last 10 games. 

  Should we follow this trajectory top 4 would be a million miles away and at present it is hard to see where we can turn it around. 

  We look nervous when teams come and press us and struggle to unlock teams who sit deep. 

Can’t ever remember qualifying for the Champions league in ten games....just saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

We was on the edge of their penalty area, 3 or 4 backward passes later we're on the half way line, and then

we're under pressure. 

Its bloody disgraceful shite Tatics.

 

3 wins out of 10 games or something soon to be 3 wins out of 11.

 

I think we have had a fantastic 1st half to the season, we showed we needed some fresh blood in the side middle of december.

 

So we got a CB on loan.

 

If we carry on like this we could quite easily slip down the league very quickly

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. your comments have little to do with the original question in respect of our last 10 games. 

  Should we follow this trajectory top 4 would be a million miles away and at present it is hard to see where we can turn it around. 

  We look nervous when teams come and press us and struggle to unlock teams who sit deep. 

Not really a million miles away. If we draw every game until the end of the season that would put us on 62 points which would mean sheffield utd would need to average 2 points a game and spurs would need to average 1.8 points per game. They have both averaged roughly 1.5 points per game so far. I would say that 65 points would almost guarantee CL football this season and now man city are out of the equation, and we still have spurs and sheffield to play, thereby giving us the opportuneaty to take points of them, i'd say we're starting to look ok for a top 4 place.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a decent result and the performance was ok.

 

Defensively we were solid but creatively we are struggling, that much is obvious. Vardy's hot streak seems like bloody ages ago.

 

Only time we looked like we might score was from set pieces.

 

I hope the players aren't thinking about the Champions League already because we're not there yet, we've got work to do.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

My problem is that at this form all it takes is a couple of teams to go on a run and we could be in trouble. If this was Puel managing this team would you still want to give a break to the manager and our performance since December

Since December we have gone to west ham and won. Gone to Newcastle  and won. Beat west ham at home. Drew with Chelsea and Wolves. Still keep a 10 point gap over 5th. What's to say we won't go on a run? If you can't get excited about this next batch of games I don't think football is for you. 

Edited by goose2010
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Not really a million miles away. If we draw every game until the end of the season that would put us on 62 points which would mean sheffield utd would need to average 2 points a game and spurs would need to average 1.8 points per game. They have both averaged roughly 1.5 points per game so far. I would say that 65 points would almost guarantee CL football this season and now man city are out of the equation, and we still have spurs and sheffield to play, thereby giving us the opportuneaty to take points of them, i'd say we're starting to look ok for a top 4 place.  

Bookies think so too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

It was a decent result and the performance was ok.

 

Defensively we were solid but creatively we are struggling, that much is obvious. Vardy's hot streak seems like bloody ages ago.

 

Only time we looked like we might score was from set pieces.

 

I hope the players aren't thinking about the Champions League already because we're not there yet, we've got work to do.

 

 

 

 

The result may suggest that but remember they had several opposed headers that they should have buried. Fortuneately VAR rescued us from the one that was on target.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boring bad game of football... reasonable result

Im buggered if im getting up at 4am for this shitte in future

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nacho should be starting at the mo been banging in the goals and is better suited linking up attacks... especially since Vardy is so out of form

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This VAR debate and Wolves being hard done by is bollooks. That shove on Madders would have been given by some Refs ?  Every Team (except Livarpool) have been done over this season. It is how it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Nacho should be starting at the mo been banging in the goals and is better suited linking up attacks... especially since Vardy is so out of form

.. can't see Rodgers' changing it up anytime soon!!

 We need a new approach as nothing we do is a surprise to our opposition. We do the same game after game, start off quickly move the ball quickly create chances, fail to take chances run out of ideas and the opposition comes into the game and we can't get ourselves moving again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Sean has stopped picking the Team, results have deteriorated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...