Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sly

Foxestalk 5 / 6 a side.

Recommended Posts

The maiden UFS tournament on Vicky park is how I got involved in the group, it was a shambles really but a corking day. It's got bigger and better every year since with decent food, beer and music 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

 

Been done. Were some very good footballers on here, some are still around, others are not, some are just much less active. 

 

We had games against a few different forums, had a series going against Talking Balls before the site closed, two or three games I think. I'll avoid bringing up the other forum as to avoid another argument.

 

Think the last efforts were mainly 5 a side tournaments which attracted a lot of interest and were quite popular. All the ones I was involved in were a good laugh, always noticeable that the biggest keyboard warriors value their anonymity considerably and never get involved as well. 

I'm not still better I promise lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2020 at 11:45, RumbleFox said:

I can see it now.......

 

 

article-0-0E14001900000578-223_306x500.jpg

Ed-Balls_2009194b.jpg

It was definitely blades weather that day, not studs. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These were great fun back in the day, a great way to meet fellow foxes like Manwell, Finnegan, Cobbo...

 

Wasn't there a game once against another friendly forum where we had two broken wrists (Ashley?) and pinged hamstrings?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2020 at 10:41, Christoph said:

Bring back Mahrez FC vs Barnes cant finish his dinner FC for the runner up trophy. 

Not sure Mahrez FC would be able to get a team over from Africa... Maguire is shit could have a good go though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2020 at 16:09, Manwell Pablo said:

 

Been done. Were some very good footballers on here, some are still around, others are not, some are just much less active. 

 

We had games against a few different forums, had a series going against Talking Balls before the site closed, two or three games I think. I'll avoid bringing up the other forum as to avoid another argument.

 

Think the last efforts were mainly 5 a side tournaments which attracted a lot of interest and were quite popular. All the ones I was involved in were a good laugh, always noticeable that the biggest keyboard warriors value their anonymity considerably and never get involved as well. 

The good old days. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bert said:

The good old days. 


Wasn’t it just.
 

This thread says it all so far. This place has turned into a proper keyboard warrior site and I doubt this will get off the ground. I’ll be up for coming down to put some faces to names if it does somehow happen though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:


Wasn’t it just.
 

This thread says it all so far. This place has turned into a proper keyboard warrior site and I doubt this will get off the ground. I’ll be up for coming down to put some faces to names if it does somehow happen though.

Yep. You knew who was who and what to expect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only played in the early ones. 
 

I think we had an Unders Vs Overs 11 a side game, which was at Victoria Park.

 

Then a 6 a side comp, which had a foil trophy? 
 

We have a lot more members now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sly said:

I only played in the early ones. 
 

I think we had an Unders Vs Overs 11 a side game, which was at Victoria Park.

 

Then a 6 a side comp, which had a foil trophy? 
 

We have a lot more members now. 

There are some pics around of both tournaments/matches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If folks are serious about wanting to get a team off the ground again then the UFS tournament would be perfect. 16 team slots to fill and money is split 50/50 between LOROS and the group.

 

It really is a class day out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Astleyfox said:

We could put out a Bentleys Roof side. 😜

 

You are more than welcome to as long as you're not responsible for appointing the match officials :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

If folks are serious about wanting to get a team off the ground again then the UFS tournament would be perfect. 16 team slots to fill and money is split 50/50 between LOROS and the group.

 

It really is a class day out.

No organisation to worry about, just turn up and play/drink! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, davieG said:

6 aside final

 

Some more

 

 

 

When was this, D? 

 

Not many of these users active, it seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

When was this, D? 

 

Not many of these users active, it seems. 

Winning that trophy was better then Leicester winning the league

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Winning that trophy was better then Leicester winning the league

Seeing what you lot look like was a bigger shock than watching Leicester winning the league.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...