Jump to content
Manini

Adam Lallana

Recommended Posts

If Lallana wants 100k a week and it clashes with what other more deserving players in our squad are on, pay him less per week and add the difference to the signing-on fee we'll no doubt already be paying him. Job done, everyone's a winner, the dressing room is happy (hopefully).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if we were going down the cheaper option this summer, which would be completely understandable. I would be happy enough with Llalana and Fraser. We could get both on a free, both could improve the wings and Llana could play in the middle. That would free up the cash to go get Demiral or someone similar and keep Chilwell. However, if we were to sign Llalana, I dont see much game time for Hamza in the maddison/Tielemans role so hes going to have to up his game defensively. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hales said:

This is what I found online for 19/20 season.

Screenshot_20200526-132153_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jesus we're paying Gray far too much. It's also not great to see Maddison and Ndidi so low, and Soyuncu not even on the list. Hopefully when we replace Gray, Morgan, and Fuchs a good chunk of that can go to Maddison, Ndidi and Soyuncu.

 

Ricardo is also pretty low but to be honest he's probably leaving next summer so not much point renewing him.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Jesus we're paying Gray far too much. It's also not great to see Maddison and Ndidi so low, and Soyuncu not even on the list. Hopefully when we replace Gray, Morgan, and Fuchs a good chunk of that can go to Maddison, Ndidi and Soyuncu.

 

Ricardo is also pretty low but to be honest he's probably leaving next summer so not much point renewing him.

Looking further into it on spotrac.com, apparently Silva and Slimani are on 80k each, and Mendy is on 50k. So assuming none of Fuchs, Morgan, and Mendy are re-signed (although I hope Fuchs will be), that's 160k of wages freed up, and another 160k when we manage to get rid of Silva and Slimani. So wage renewal shouldn't be an issue. Interestingly, Barnes is only on £10k a week! That is something else that should be improved, we shouldn't take his love for the club for granted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100K a week is really about right for a player of Lallana's stature at this point of his career.  Not realistic to expect to get him for much less than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

100K a week is really about right for a player of Lallana's stature at this point of his career.  Not realistic to expect to get him for much less than that.

The wages aren’t the whole problem ..... what’s the s/o fee ????  He hasn’t run down his contract to leave for nowt !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Hales said:

This is what I found online for 19/20 season.

Screenshot_20200526-132153_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looks about right although I'd imagine Tielemans is on at least £80k a week plus sadly we're still paying Slimani and Silva £70k+ a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Looks about right although I'd imagine Tielemans is on at least £80k a week plus sadly we're still paying Slimani and Silva £70k+ a week.

..to be honest, I am not comfortable with viewing this list as it feels like an intrusion of the players privacy!!!

  The fact that we appear to be able to access this information is surely a breach of Data Protection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really not understanding why people are so encouraged by this? I feel like we’re trying to put a positive spin on it because we feel it might happen. The bloke genuinely hasn’t had a good prem game for over 3 years, and he’s barely played or contributed to goals in that time. I also can’t understand why anyone would start him over perez? I’d be the first to admit perez has been underwhelming this season, but he’s still managed a few goals and assists and he’s good at pressing the opposition (he does have some very obvious flaws tho) and then to replace him with someone who can’t run seems like suicide. I’m all for adding some experience in midfield and I understand that we might struggle for marquee signings this year, but we can do better than Adam Lallana.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I’m really not understanding why people are so encouraged by this? I feel like we’re trying to put a positive spin on it because we feel it might happen. The bloke genuinely hasn’t had a good prem game for over 3 years, and he’s barely played or contributed to goals in that time. I also can’t understand why anyone would start him over perez? I’d be the first to admit perez has been underwhelming this season, but he’s still managed a few goals and assists and he’s good at pressing the opposition (he does have some very obvious flaws tho) and then to replace him with someone who can’t run seems like suicide. I’m all for adding some experience in midfield and I understand that we might struggle for marquee signings this year, but we can do better than Adam Lallana.

Lallana has played well in the Prem for Liverpool this season, they played him in a holding role for a few games and their fans were raving about him. Klopp praised him as well. 
 

He won’t be coming here as Perez’s replacement either, he’ll be further back up to Madders and Tielemans. Ayoze can improve as well, but to call him disappointing when he’s got 11 goal contributions and we’ve had to put up with Ghezzal and Gray’s shit in the last couple years is a bit silly. 

Edited by pmcla26
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..to be honest, I am not comfortable with viewing this list as it feels like an intrusion of the players privacy!!!

  The fact that we appear to be able to access this information is surely a breach of Data Protection?

I don't know but it's pretty widely available on the internet. This was a 1 second search:

1080038009_Screenshot_20200527-095844_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1330ad30771e00a03a1347d949f55249.jpg

To be fair, when a player signs for a team or signs a new contract the figures involved are often out in the public domain anyway. For instance, when Vards signed his new contract it was widely reported to be worth £140k a week. Whether that's right or not is another thing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Lallana has played well in the Prem for Liverpool this season, they played him in a holding role for a few games and their fans were raving about him. Klopp praised him as well. 
 

He won’t be coming here as Perez’s replacement either, he’ll be further back up to Madders and Tielemans. Ayoze can improve as well, but to call him disappointing when he’s got 11 goal contributions and we’ve had to put up with Ghezzal and Gray’s shit in the last couple years is a bit silly. 

Although Perez’s goal involvement isn’t bad at all, I think it’s fair to say his performances have been disappointing, especially for our second most expensive player ever. I don’t mind the player at all, just think he needs to improve if he wants to retain his place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..to be honest, I am not comfortable with viewing this list as it feels like an intrusion of the players privacy!!!

  The fact that we appear to be able to access this information is surely a breach of Data Protection?

I'm happy to remove if it causes offence? It was a second search online and all clubs are available from what I could see. I get data protection but I understood for transparency reasons figures are available? When a player signs a new contract it is widely reported the length of contract and salary involved too. I get what you are saying though 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be our Milner to Liverpool currently. Great experience and attitude around teammates and the club. Not a problem off pitch. Can play a number of roles and good competition for places. Can push Barnes and Perez for starting roles, and fill in if needed for Maddison / Youri / Praet. On a 2-3 year deal maybe with a view to going into coaching staff afterwards could be a very good deal. Realistic wages and could do well for us. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/05/2020 at 10:03, Paddy. said:

I don't know but it's pretty widely available on the internet. This was a 1 second search:

1080038009_Screenshot_20200527-095844_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1330ad30771e00a03a1347d949f55249.jpg

To be fair, when a player signs for a team or signs a new contract the figures involved are often out in the public domain anyway. For instance, when Vards signed his new contract it was widely reported to be worth £140k a week. Whether that's right or not is another thing!

lol Ozil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Tuna said:

lol Ozil.

Only Arsenal are daft enough to pay that non-entity £350k a week. The fact he's on double what their 3rd highest earner makes and three times what their 5th highest earner makes.....it's inexplicable. He must have the greatest agent who ever lived.

Edited by Paddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/05/2020 at 13:24, Hales said:

This is what I found online for 19/20 season.

Screenshot_20200526-132153_Samsung Internet.jpg

This always makes me smile.

 

I know where these figures are from and I know who made them up!   And I know how much "inside knowledge" he has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big-money offer on the table: Liverpool face losing star Klopp calls ‘Joy to watch’ – Sources

Leicester City have offered a long-term contract to exit-bound Liverpool midfield Adam Lallana, Football Insider understands.

The midfielder is available on a free transfer from the end of June and may even leave days after the Premier League is due to resume.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Leicester head the queue of clubs trying to sign Lallana when the next transfer window opens.

 

They have offered him a lucrative long-term deal as Brendan Rodgers looks to reunite with the player he took to Anfield in 2014.

Ex-Leicester coach Kevin Phillips told Football Insider earlier this week he’s convinced Lallana will snub other clubs to sign for Leicester.

 

Top sides in Italy and Spain, as well as Premier League big guns Tottenham, Arsenal, West Ham and Burnley are also keen on the England international.

But Leicester are in pole position as things stand amid doubts over whether he will remain at Liverpool beyond the 30 June expiry of his contract.

There is a seven-day window beginning on 23 June for Premier League clubs to extend deals for out-of-contract players.

But Jurgen Klopp’s side may have secured the league title before the end of next month and may not be keen to extend the contract of a departing player amid football’s straitened finances.

Klopp has spoken gushingly of Lallana in the past, hailing him as a “pure joy to watch” and “incredible” a year ago as he worked his way back to full fitness.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Leicester offer long term deal" to high profile 32 year old glass cripple who hasn't been good for years is exactly the sort of headline people worried about when Congerton came. 

 

Don't do it boys.

 

I can't think of a single argument to sign him. You can't even stretch to claiming he's a winner really, at least old pros like Wasyl had multiple league title winning experience when brought in. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pleatout said:

This always makes me smile.

 

I know where these figures are from and I know who made them up!   And I know how much "inside knowledge" he has.

it’s obviously made up ....no one knows apart from the club, the agent and the player ......

 

they're ‘informed’ guesses ..... better than nothing but definitely unreliable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...