Jump to content
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Sly said:

People saying drop “X”, “Y” and “Z”. 
 

Who for?!? 
 

We didn’t invest to capitalise on our good form in the first half of the season. We’re not blessed with a talented squad. 
 

It’s okay slating Chilwell, Fuchs was at fault for the Man City goal.

 

If Vardy is injured, we have Nacho. 
 

Choudhury isn’t at the same level as our other midfielders and is a walking red card. He reminds me of Lee Catermole.

 

Drop Maddison, who for?!? 
 

Barnes, Perez ...... who for?!? Are we pulling in the under 23s?!? 

 

 

Sadly you are right. Tielemans has been dropped for Praet and that's made no difference. Gray has been in and out of the team (although he's been noticeably cast aside since the Villa game) but he can't be trusted on a regular basis. Fuchs is solid enough but will be caught out by pacey wingers. Albrighton is sadly past it and there is no competition for Maddison's position. We needed to strengthen in January but it's too late. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, daddylonglegs said:

If you’re standing up for Rodgers now because he Had a good start.... but criticised Puel when the players gave up on him... take a look in the 

Mirror :) 

2 seasons under Puel (one being boosted by Rodgers at the end) one by Rodgers. Rodgers got us to way beyond anything Puel achieved in half a season! We currently have more points than under Puel for an entire season. And are only trailing our 15/16 points tally at this point by 6 points. We are in a slight dip in form, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as you are making out, it is nowhere near as bad as under Puel!

Screenshot_20200229_002904_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200229_010142_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200229_010207_com.android.chrome.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Norwich fighting for their lives. Way they played tonight reminded me of us in the great escape season. No pressure, nothing to lose. They poured men forward on the counter, fair play to them.

I disagree, I thought they were shit and we just let them have the game. As someone has already said, a bit of basic running behind the defenders, combined with some better movement and we might have scored. Plus if Chilwell wasn't such a waster we'd have had a point.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back from the pub - so apologies, but I am going to spill my bile.

Rodgers has to do better.. He used Puel's team very well for a while, but as soon as he's been given anything to think about he has failed. He HAS to be able to get those players playing better than we saw tonight. If Vardy is injured- Nacho needs someone with him - eg Perez - who isn't a winger.. Tielemens may be off form, but he is still one of our genuinely class players and at 50% he is better than most. I don't know - I'm pissed. 

 

The team needs confidence. Maybe we need Pearson's psyche team (that Ranieri removed) back in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I give up. Too many entitled people on this forum these days. You have no idea what poor form looks like or you have forgotten.

 

I appreciate the best run of form the club has ever had. I've enjoyed the ride this season. I know that all teams get dry patches. I know we'll come good.

 

And if we don't, you know what, we'll build and learn, as we have done under these owners, and we'll be stronger again next year, as we have been every year since they took over. Our current points total will already lead us to our second highest finish in the Prem, that's assuming we get no more points at all. Progress each year is what I expect and this year has gone beyond what any of us could have expected.

Edited by Foxhateram
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Luckily for Brendan, he has a decent reputation that is ultimately limiting the criticism levelled at him.

Well, that and the small matter of his having brought us to this position in the first place. If we hadn't had such an outstanding first half of the season then of course he'd be getting a lot more shit...but we did have an outstanding first half of the season, under his management. If this form continues for much longer then I assure you the criticism will be anything but limited.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

I give up. Too many entitled people on this forum these days. You have no idea what poor form looks like or you have forgotten.

 

I appreciate the best run of form the club has ever had. I've enjoyed the ride this season. I know that all teams get dry patches. I know we'll come good.

 

And if we don't, you know what, we'll build and learn, as we have done under these owners, and we'll be stronger again next year, as we have been every year since they took over. Our current points total will already lead us to our second highest finish in the Prem, that's assuming we get no more points at all. Progress each year is what I expect and this year has gone beyond what any of use could have expected.

This is true. But you can understand the frustration when you know we can do better than we did tonight. The first half of the season was so joyful. The owners are the best. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

2 seasons under Puel (one being boosted by Rodgers at the end) one by Rodgers. Rodgers got us to way beyond anything Puel achieved in half a season! We currently have more points than under Puel for an entire season. And are only trailing our 15/16 points tally at this point by 6 points. We are in a slight dip in form, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as you are making out, it is nowhere near as bad as under Puel!

Screenshot_20200229_002904_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200229_010142_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200229_010207_com.android.chrome.jpg

If you think Rodgers could’ve had the success he has had as Leicester manager without the transition that Puel oversaw you don’t understand football :) 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

If you think Rodgers could’ve had the success he has had as Leicester manager without the transition that Puel oversaw you don’t understand football :) 

Exactly - you could produce a table like that for Man U under Ferguson and  (assuming he'd been sacked and reappointed) under Ferguson a bit later..

Edited by trabuch
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

If you think Rodgers could’ve had the success he has had as Leicester manager without the transition that Puel oversaw you don’t understand football :) 

Oh for goodness sake give it a rest. Ranieri took a league winning team to depths of league and then Puel took us to mid table mediocrity with a drab and disappointing style of football that led to us finishing in 9th place, twice. Brendan freed the shackles and gave us freedom to play football again, with spark and creativity, it's led us to fantastic heights. Unfortunately he's now putting said shackles back on and trying to make us play slow football, or someone somewhere is, stuff that! I want to keep doing what got us here! Fast paced, high press, penetrative football. It won us the league, it got us to where we are now. Don't go backwards. Puel ball can get in the bin alongside VAR.

 

I know plenty about football thanks. Enough to have relevant qualifications and experience to know what I'm talking about. 

Edited by Foxhateram
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

I give up. Too many entitled people on this forum these days. You have no idea what poor form looks like or you have forgotten.

 

I appreciate the best run of form the club has ever had. I've enjoyed the ride this season. I know that all teams get dry patches. I know we'll come good.

 

And if we don't, you know what, we'll build and learn, as we have done under these owners, and we'll be stronger again next year, as we have been every year since they took over. Our current points total will already lead us to our second highest finish in the Prem, that's assuming we get no more points at all. Progress each year is what I expect and this year has gone beyond what any of us could have expected.

I don't disagree with anything you've said, but 3 months of poor games and results isn't poor form, it's a rot. Norwich weren't good tonight, I'd argue if they played like that against the other teams in the Prem, they'd have almost certainly come away with 0 points in the majority of those games.

 

EDIT: I see your confused about my other post stating Norwich weren't good. So you seriously think they played well tonight? Nonsense, they were average at best.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Oh for goodness sake give it a rest. Ranieri took a league winning team to depths of league and then Puel took us to mid table mediocrity with a drab and disappointing style of football that led to use finishing in 9th place, twice. Brendan freed the shackles and gave us freedom to play football again, with spark and creativity, it's led us to fantastic heights. Unfortunately he's now putting said shackles back on and trying to make us play slow football, or someone somewhere is, stuff that! I want to keep doing what got us here! Fast paced, high oress, penetrative football. It won us the league, it got us to wear we are now. Don't go backwards. Puel ball can get in the bin alongside VAR.

 

I know plenty about football thanks. Enough to have relevant qualifications and experience to know what I'm talking about. 

I think what we’re seeing is that we are capable of playing intense, high pressing attacking football but we haven’t got the quality and strength in depth to sustain the level over the course of a season. However, I expected us to at least do some pressing tonight, and we barely laid a glove on them. Tonight is the first time I’ve felt the attitude was off from some (not all), and heads went down after the goal. Evans was going mad at Chilwell in stoppage time for not looking to cut off an option at a throw. Yes we have players out of form, and lack the personnel to properly manage that, but we all expected better tonight. Made it far too easy for them

Edited by DerbyshireFox
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don't disagree with anything you've said, but 3 months of poor games and results isn't poor form, it's a rot. Norwich weren't good tonight, I'd argue if they played like that against the other teams in the Prem, they'd have almost certainly come away with 0 points in the majority of those games.

We've had good results in the middle of poor ones. Just we haven't been as consistent as we previously were. It only feels poor, because we're used to better. Our form since December puts us in joint 9th with 3 other teams. Pretty much where you'd expect us to be and would be under Puel. 

 

We aren't the first team to be undone by their style of play and we certainly won't be the last. Let's not forget they have taken points (from top 7/8 sides) from Man City, Spurs, Arsenal, Wolves and now us. They know how to play on the counter, they struggle when teams sit back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I think what we’re seeing is that we are capable of playing intense, high pressing attacking football but we haven’t got the quality and strength in depth to sustain the level over the course of a season. However, I expected us to at least do some pressing tonight, and we barely laid a glove on them. Tonight is the first time I’ve felt the attitude was off from some (not all), and heads went down after the goal. Evans was going mad at Chilwell in stoppage time for not looking to cut off an option at a throw. Yes we have players out of form, and lack the personnel to properly manage that, but we all expected better tonight. Made it far too easy for them

Can't argue with that. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

We've had good results in the middle of poor ones. Just we haven't been as consistent as we previously were. It only feels poor, because we're used to better. Our form since December puts us in joint 9th with 3 other teams. Pretty much where you'd expect us to be and would be under Puel. 

 

We aren't the first team to be undone by their style of play and we certainly won't be the last. Let's not forget they have taken points (from top 7/8 sides) from Man City, Spurs, Arsenal, Wolves and now us. They know how to play on the counter, they struggle when teams sit back. 

Have we? We beat quite frankly a disgraceful WHU team away from home, in which their manager was sacked because they were that bad. We also beat Newcastle but they had about 15 fit players and had 3 injuries in the first half, meaning they were pretty ****ed from the get go. The other other win we've had is WHU at home, which was 4-1 and convincing, so yeah that's a good result I'd say.

 

Wolves we were lucky to get a point, Chelsea was a good result, Man City we were unlucky.

 

So in that time we've lost to Man City (twice if you include the unlucky one), Liverpool, Burnley, Villa, Southampton and now Norwich.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Heads went down after the disallowed goal. Evans should be captain.

I reckon the captain will be changed in the summer, it will be taken from Wes and given to someone else, with Kasper becoming the vice captain.

 

We need some leaders on the pitch, but we knew this in January yet failed to sign any, much like the winger situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Corky said:

Another thing- Andy Hinchcliffe's view of the Buendia dive, actually praising him for acknowledging he threw himself over when no tackle was even attempted rather than criticising his blatant effort to con a referee, was incredible.

Should be criticislng the ref for not booking him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Have we? We beat quite frankly a disgraceful WHU team away from home, in which their manager was sacked because they were that bad. We also beat Newcastle but they had about 15 fit players and had 3 injuries in the first half, meaning they were pretty ****ed from the get go. The other other win we've had is WHU at home, which was 4-1 and convincing, so yeah that's a good result I'd say.

 

Wolves we were lucky to get a point, Chelsea was a good result, Man City we were unlucky.

 

So in that time we've lost to Man City (twice if you include the unlucky one), Liverpool, Burnley, Villa, Southampton and now Norwich.

But a point against Wolves is a good result. They are a good team. To come away with anything from Man City is always going to be a tough ask. But we should have done minus VAR. Chelsea result was excellent and kept them at arms length. West Ham and Newcastle results obviously decent ( can only play what's in front of you).

 

Another dodgy VAR decision cost us today. We should have beaten Southampton, Burnley and Villa (they are the poor results for sure). Liverpool, well no one is taking any points against them ATM. 

 

When you talk about it like that, not only do you see how many games we've played. You also notice that really it's not been terrible, agreed not great, but definitely not worthy of the reactions some people are going to. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...